Tromix Select-Fire 8" SBS (pic)

I just finished up this select-fire S-12 purchased by a C3 for an LE demo.

It was quite a job getting the auto sear installed and working. That ejector block is seriously in the way and can't really be completely removed since it also houses the magazine latch. I will test fire it at the Arkansas machine gun shoot on Saturday. Operationally, it checks out good on the bench so I don't expect to have any trouble with it.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...t=500&password=

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo...t=500&password=

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Edited by TonyRumore
It was quite a job getting the auto sear installed and working. That ejector block is seriously in the way and can't really be completely removed since it also houses the magazine latch.

so, are the s12 innards substantially different from an ak? do you use standard rifle select-fire parts? do they have to be us made or does being a c3 licensee exempt one from us content regs?

that is a wicked cool piece!

hope to see vid clips!!! :D

Edited by PogueMahone

I will try and get some video this weekend.

The machine gun is U.S. made now so there are no parts issues.

I really don't want to get into "how to" make the gun full auto for various reasons. Rifle parts will not "drop in" though.

I really don't want to get into "how to" make the gun full auto for various reasons. Rifle parts will not "drop in" though.

You're right. It's not useless. It is now more efficient at turning your money into smoke and noise.

Nice job Tony! I talked to Tom Cole about his and you're not kidding when you say "rifle parts will not drop in". Often times it's just a question of an automatic sear, but from my understand you have to completely rebuild the internals. I don't want you to get into the "how to" either but I did want to say awesome work!

What's it feeding? How's the kick?

That's wicked cool. If you tape it, make sure you shoot some stuff to really show off how devistating it is. As for usefull, not for most of us other than fun to shoot, but if I were a door kicker, that'd be the sht. Fills a little niche for "right tool for the right job"

Tony the evil genius is at it again...just please please post the vid for us chose few who have been graced with the chance to witness such greatness :smoke::super::devil:

now if i could just figure out how to legally purchase one....but being that i'm not a LE department i think uncle sam would give me the :ded: on that

I just finished up this select-fire S-12 purchased by a C3 for an LE demo.

It was quite a job getting the auto sear installed and working. That ejector block is seriously in the way and can't really be completely removed since it also houses the magazine latch. I will test fire it at the Arkansas machine gun shoot on Saturday. Operationally, it checks out good on the bench so I don't expect to have any trouble with it.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Tony,

I can't wait to get that thing here. I'll have it at some of the upcoming MG shoots here in Colorado and Wyoming right alongside my FA USAS. Here is my problem. I only have 5 rd mags. Does anyone have any 8rd mags they are willing to part with until this whole hicap mag problem gets resolved?

thanks,

alan

www.machineguntours.com

Just checked out Tony's Hunt101 page.....four spent rounds in the air, one more on it's way and the gun looked like it was being controlled.

Pretty cool tool for LEO to have in their tool box for special occasions.

I think it's going to be a hit.

If anyone is wondering WHY a rifle FCG won't drop in, it's part of the same reason Saigas are able to exist in the first place. Eliminating the auto sear and pin buys you a certain amount of space in the action into which you can fit a longer round, ie a 3" shotgun round or a 308. This is how we can have non intermediate caliber Saigas at all. It's a great tradeoff when we're stuck with semi-auto only to begin with.

Tony, who is experienced with many other full autos, would most likely have had to design something quite different. He hasn't just tinkered with a Saiga, he's designed something new.