I will be heading out tomorrow for the maiden shooting of my saiga 308. In preparation, and to try out the ak sight tool I bought today, I have found the windage impossible to move with casual punch attempt as well as the tool. The elevation was so tight that it bent out the cut in of the tool. I was able to move elevation "some" with a cresent wrench. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

Some are in there good and the cheap $9 tools are made of pretty soft metal. Soak it down with alittle breakfree or whatever oil you have for awhile before you try again. I busted up the same elevation tool and then was forced to use the socket-C-clamp method for windage and I bought a nut driver and filed open a slot for the elevation tool. GL!

my SAR1 windage was REALLY difficult to move, should be the same sight system...once it moved, i had to tap it a few times during a session to get it to go to stay to zero....dont ask me what is physically going on, as i dont know. I didnt have to redrift the front sight after a couple of times, though. it's dead on now. Im thinking that the next site like this i buy with on a gun, I might unscrew the front post FIRST and then eyeball it with a bore sighter...might be easier to drift that way. anyone know if its a waste of time unscrewing that front post or not?

Edited by Bvamp

The adjustment block is pressed into the front sight block so it is a tight fit. Then the post is screwed in the adjustment block. The sights are set at the factory and a tool is used to put a witness mark on the front of the front sight block and adjustment block. It is a modified chisel that is struck with a hammer.

This is why the front sight windage is so hard to adjust the first time and a lot of people break their front sight tools .

Before using a front sight tool a brass punch and hammer should be used to whop the hell out of the front sight adjustment block till it moves then the front sight tool can be used to make farther adjustments without damaging it.

The front sight adjustment block won't be any easier to move with the post screwed out.

Before using a front sight tool a brass punch and hammer should be used to whop the hell out of the front sight adjustment block....

an accurate description to say the least.