Strippers at the Gun Show

There was table after table of ammo vendors at the gunshow today. Best price on Wolf green case hollow pty was $39.99 per 500. But the line was long and I had second thoughts about lugging that much lead around for the next hour.

I found another table with BrownBear FMJ, the neat copper color stuff for $12 per #120 rounds and settled for that. Then as the guy is ringing me up, I see a small neatly lettered sign: :eek: 7.62x39 strippers 40 rds for $5

Why not? Throw one of those in, too.

Now, I am wondering, what did I buy? Some hyper-corrosive junk or a great steal on some gun show special import?

Looks like this...

Thanks....

Pharmer

post-5-1085371363.jpg

What you bought was Yugoslavian M67 ammo that was imported a couple of years ago. The M67 has a 124 grain flat base copper jacketed lead core bullet loaded in a brass berdan primed case with corrosive primers.

Some people seem to think that it having a case made from brass and the bullet jacket made from copper is something special compared to other imported 7.62x39mm ammo that has cases/bullet jackets made of steel.

It is good ammo, But..... it is corrosive so clean you gun accordingly.

C'mon now - when you have header that says "STRIPPERS AT THE GUN SHOW", I thought there were strippers at the gun show (women). I was wondering which gun show and where do I take my dollars! It would certainly be more an incentive to go to one!

Siagalova: I am with you on that one!

GOB: the last time I went to one to stock up on ammo, I brought a kid's wagon. I had so much ammo on it, i had to let it go first down grades :)

my local dealer is so cheap though, it doesnt pay for me to even go to gun shows, unless I cant find something exceedingly rare or dont know what Im looking for at the time. the few shows ive attended, SO many people are there overcharging or trying to rip you off with junk that im usually turned off before I leave. Guess I need to go to better shows huh?

Edited by Bvamp

In Oregon we're VERY liberal about strippers and clubs. 98 registered clubs in Portland (pop. 980,000)! One on every corner, almost - full nudity. It's pretty close to Utopia! I could see it hapening, here. It's the perfect mariage of interesting things, I'll write my congressman.

The ammo is a little cheaper, but by the time I pay for admittance, and parking the cost IS the same at my fav. gun store! They do prey on knowledge and lack thereof. For ex: One table would have a saiga 7.62 for 300, the next for 200. then when you ask the first guy would tell you that "It's a rare find" or something. Most of the knives ARE CRAP! Unless you buy a brand name.

Clips, and something specific that I need would prompt me to go!

Gees, you guys must be old or somethin' - 'cause I just wait 'till It's time to go, THEN buy my Ammo!

I never buy ammo at gun shows and my local dealer doesn't sell Wolf in bulk (I don't think) which is what I get most of the time. I get all my Wolf ammo at Centerfire. Never order it either unless I get free shipping ;)

If any of you ever can make it, Knob Creek's Machine Gun Shoot is nice. Its about 5 minutes from Fort Knox, next one is early October...you can buy, fire, or rent, just about anything. :super: