I guess i think on a different level than some people, but why do so many people want o comment on the fact that i have a fake gun? this is the plague(sp?) that goes along with a damn plastic pistol, i mean god bless the reliability, capacity, and easy of disasembly, but if you have say a stainless 1911 or something in your holster and someone says something, them fuckers know what THAT is.

people seriously think my glock is a tazer. what the hell, i guess its cuz its "prettied" up

damn stupid sheeple.

post-444-1149413788_thumb.jpg

:super: Do like work put into upper. Have Glock 29 for personal travel. 1911's for duty. Just some people get into luv :wub: with one particular weapon. Long as its not a junker. Still have a 1076 S&W I bought after leaving Gov. agency. Get called old timer for having plain jane double action. Yet it'll still get job done. It's the one by the bed. :smoke:

Personally, I love the steel frame handguns and particularly a 1911 type. Of course, that's just my personal preference. Frankly, if you put a glock or an h&k in my hands and told me that was all I'd get, I'd be happy for it. I don't know what other people have against "fake" guns but I know the history of glocks and h&ks.. and even others like the springfield umm.. I forgot its model designation. They've proven reliable and quite effective in most every situation they've been placed in. That holds alot of merit to me. I just happen to like the heft and aesthetics of the steel framed 1911 type handguns more than I do the poly-frame guns.

Sam

some people can't stand DAO pistols. i've owned both. prefer double/single.

some people can't stand light pistols. i've owned both. prefer heavy steel.

some people think that plastic will wear/break sooner than steel. it will.

i've seen 90 year old 1911's shoot almost as good as the day they were built.

don't believe that plastic would stand up to that many rounds.

each is entitled to their own opinions. if plastic is what you love, thats all that counts!

Plastic or Steel?? Definately steel. I do like the feel of the polymer frames, but there is nothing like holding a steel frame pistol. That way if I do run out of ammo, at least I can knock em' out with an empty 1911, beats giving them a black eye with an XD. lol..

Plus if I pay $600 for a gun, I want to feel like i am holding $600. $600 in steel feels better than $600 in plastic.

That's my two cents.

Honestly, I see where you're coming from.

If I were walking around with a gun strapped to my hip all day, I'd want something light. I've handled, and shot, ONE glock. Everything else has been steel. Given the choice, especially for police/CC use, I'd say plastic is the way to go.

I do have to ask though, what kind of accuracy do you get at 10 and 25 yards? The one that I shot.... well, it could have used some work. It may have been the DAO trigger. Those seem to take some getting used to.

Personally I have a CZ 75 addiction that doesn't look to be going away any time soon. Haven't tried the plastic versions yet, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually. ;)

I think in the end it's a traditionalist thing. They like steel, yes, but they also like less blocky designs, exposed hammers, a "one-piece" trigger, and just plain aren't satisfied if there isn't a big lever that indicates (in flashy colors) that the gun is "safe".

Personally, I'd ignore any criticism. Oh, BTW: I like the way your pistol looks.

• 2 weeks later...

its got great accuracy, i'd say i can shoot around 2 inch groups at 15 or so yards..... i know i can hold about a 2 foot circle at 100 with it, them triji operator sights have a big rear notch shooting that far out...

i just also want to add i love the bulk of a 1911 or other steel framed pistols but just like tokageko said plastic for duty use is good, plus 18 rounds of 135 grain cor-bons has a nice ring to it

I can hit sode cans every shot with my Glock 27 at 25 feet and it has NEVER had a single malfuntion. I carry it everyday and have complete confidence in the pistol and my ability to use it. Fake gun my ass.

• 1 month later...

jon: when someone thinks that you have a fake gun, and attempts to rob you, put ten in thier chest. see if they think that is fake. if that isnt enough, aim for the feet. noone wears steel plating on thier feet, and unlike what is commonly speculated in the "tactical" world, it hurts THE WORLD.

a gun is a gun bro. how you use it and how well you use it is what counts. knock em dead, brother.........if they want to "gang bang" ya? let em. thier guns will come down in price, and yo should buy them and sell them to us!

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a pic of my fake pistol,actualy i have three.Below is my Glock 20.I also have a model 19/9mm and a model 35 longslide/40cal.I carry the 19 during cool weather and a fake KelTec 380 in hot weather. I love 1911's but i depend and trust the Glocks.

100_0673.jpg