Played "dress up" with my S-223 today.

Well, I got it to fit... it took a small amount of fanagleing... about 5 minutes worth of dremel and bench sander work... and it popped right on! I think it looks good, for a non-convert... and I will probably keep this one this way. I LOVE the feel of it like this... a little more 'solid' with the wood... :lol::up:

I also tossed the scope on there for looks... It shoots well enough with the irons to not really NEED a scope! Honestly... for the weight the optics add, with the side rail mount... Its almost not even worth the bother!

To see how good it is with the irons check below... Mind you... this target was shot at 50M. off a bench with a full sandbagged rest, using Black Hills 55 grain Moly coated Match Hollow Points, and really taking my time for an excellent group. The weather was perfect, no wind, low humidity, nice bright sunny day... I was VERY PLEASED! These Saigas CAN shoot!!! :up:

:smoke:

s223wwood2B.jpg

s223wwood1B.jpg

target2232.jpg

Indy, If I didn't know better, I'd swear you stole my .308. I had to go look in the safe to make sure. I LOVE my .308 with the wood furniture, and your .223 looks ALMOST as good as as mine. Is the wood off of a 308 and where did you get it. But that is one sweet ass looking gun