http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976704484.htm

AKS-74U Shorty Assault Rifle

976704484-1.jpg

Fully operational.This assault rifle is outfitted with the PBS silent fire device and BS-1 silent underbarrel grenade launcher.Caliber(mm)/5,45,Cartridge=5,45/39,Lenght(mm)/900,Barrel Length, mm/210,Weight , with PBS and BS-1, g/5430.Stock from Ukraine.Shipping by airpost is $40 including insurance.Payment by West.gunsamoseller/yahoo

WOW! That thing is wild! It does'nt look that comfortable to shoot. Thats a really neat looking silencer

though. I would definately want one in the collection.

I just checked that out , how the F is that $200.00?

Edited by gunboy69

That info doesn't look like an airsoft gun. If so, the guy doesn't say jack squat about it.

Fully operational.This assault rifle is outfitted with the PBS silent fire device and BS-1 silent underbarrel grenade launcher.

Caliber(mm)/5,45,Cartridge=5,45/39

Lenght(mm)/900,Barrel Length, mm/210,Weight , with PBS and BS-1, g/5430.Stock from Ukraine.Shipping by airpost is $40 including insurance.Payment by West.gunsamoseller/yahoo

Edited by BattleRifleG3
Fully operational.This assault rifle is outfitted with the PBS silent fire device and BS-1 silent underbarrel grenade launcher.

PBS = Partial Bull Shit ?!?!?!

BS-1 = Bull Shit of the 1st order ??!!??!!??

:smoke:

NY actually does allow a lot of stuff, but it certainly doesn't allow real ak's with 3 axis pins.

if that was transferrable, it would be $15,000. even black market it would be a grand.

so i figure airsoft must be the answer.

:ph34r: I just looked at this ad and took a plunge-being the curious type-and did a contact seller email for clarification on what the hell he has-will keep you all posted,besides IF it is airsoft it may be worth getting since my group plays airsoft once in a while. :super::super:
  • 2 weeks later...

:angel: Don't know if anyone cares but....

That picture is of a real Russian made "Krinkov".

I don't know what the fuck that dude is selling. But if you buy you aren't getting a

SBR Krinkov MACHINEGUN with Suppressor, and Suppressed Grenade launcher, and a fully -made, real Izhmash marked weapon at that! LOL

That would cost like $15,000.00 without the BS-1 grenade launcher...... :angel:

I have a huge article in my Charlie Cutshaw book "New World of Russian Small Arms & Ammo".

BS-1/RGA-86 Silent Grenade Launcher

"Of all the innovations that Russian firearms designers have engineered, the silent grenade launcher must take a place of honor alongside underwater firearms and semi-automatic pistols using silent gas-trap cartridges. We will not enter into the tactical efficiency of these weapons from a Western viewpoint, but it must be remembered that most Russian firearmsare designed to a government requirement of some sort. The BS-1/RGA-86 has been known for some time in Western intelligence circles, but only recently has come to public light via the Russian press. When it first became known in the West, it was reffered to as the RGA-86, but recent Russian press articles refer to it as the BS-1, and I will use that designation. Not surprisingly, little concrete data is available on this mysterious grenade launcher, but from what is available much can be deduced.

First, the BS-1 grenade cartridges almost certainly employ a gas-trap piston mechanism of some sort to propel the grenades. In fact, the BS-1 grenade launcher may even use the same SP-4 cartridge as the PSS-1 silent pistol (see chapter 2), but the few photographs that show the grenade cartridgesare not sufficiently clear to make a determination. There are two possible ways the BS-1 can function.

The cartridge shown in the photos may be a typical grenade cartridge with a crimp, leading to the conclusion that the silencing mechanism is in the launcher itself in the portion behind the chamber. In this case, there would be a gas-trap mechanism behind the chamber containing a piston that drives the grenade. The grenades shown have no propellant attached, so the propellingforce mustsomehow be transferred from the launch cartridge throught the portion of the launcher between the cartrdidge chamber and the grenade launch tube. Moreover, there are slots in the breech end of the launch tube through which the grenade body shows when the BS-1 is loaded. This leads to the conclusion that there is little or no gas pressure inside the launcher barrel. There fore, if this method of propelling the grenade is used, there must be a piston-type mechanism in the portion of the launcher behind the barrel that propels the grenade out of the barrel and down-range. Further, the portion of the launcher behind the barrel takes up nearly half the launcher, so it is almost certainty that the suppression mechanism would be contained therein, if this is the operating system used by the BS-1.

A second possible operating system is one in which the BS-1 actually uses the SP-4 cartridge and fires a bullet into the base of the grenade, propelling it out of the barrel of the launcher. Either this or the method described above would work, although the "bullet" method is probably simpler. The truth will have to wait umtil more details are released by the Russian manufacturers of the BS-1.

The BS-1 fires a unique 30mm grenade that is apparently availabe only with a shaped-charge warhead for the grenade; this is rather surprising, because most other Russian projected grenades have more than one type of warhead. Although the mission profile of this unique grenade-launching system is not known, it clearly is intended for special operations use, as is the modified AKS-74U, which mounts the BS-1. Given the launch mechanism, the range of the BS-1 must be appreciably less than conventional Russian launchers such as the GP-25/30, and GP-95/97.

Finally, the BS-1 silent grenade launcher feeds its launching cartidges from a detachable box magazine i the grip of the launcher, indicating that is is designed for repeat fire. Whether it is manually operated, or semi-automatic, or whether the magazine simply holds extra cartridges is not known. There is no visible ejection port on the launcher, although it is possible that the entire mechanis is blow-back operated and cycles to the rear when the grenade launcher is fired. There appears to be a space between the front of the AKS-74U magazine and the rear of the launcher for the bolt to cycle.

In sum, as of the time of this writing, there are many un-answered questions about the BS-1 silent grenade launcher. The weapon is apparently in use by Russian special forces: examples seen in photos have had serial numbers running up into the nundreds, indicating that it is more than just a prototype. The weapon is also probably manufactured by Izhmash, as it appears in the book Kalashnikov Arms, which is devoted almost exclusively to Kalashnikov firearms produced at Izhmash. Even with the few facts I have stated here, much about this weapon remains unknown. There is no specifications table because all known data on this weapon are contained in the text.

- Charlie Cutshaw 1998

Oh well.....It's kinda cool I think...Even for Airsoft :smoke:

EDIT~ checked the auction. It says AK-47 weapons & COPIES....hmm~EDIT

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
:smoke: Hey guys,just to let all you know- NEVER did get ANY reply on that add,which if was a sting,is a good thing...still you wonder what the hell...I am just too nosy for my own good sometimes.