20 inch barrel Saiga .223

I have seen one with my own eyes. Long ago. If I tell you the price and that I passed due to funds shortage you'll all murder me.

Nah....any of us into collecting firearms have passed on something and kicked ourselves for weeks about it .....we wouldn't kill you, just sympathize with you....

Yeah... like the BRAND NEW... ( this was in 87 mind you..) UZI carbine, with metal folding stock, case, 21" barrel, fake snub barrel, and two 30 round mags... UNFIRED... $500.00... Even had the cash... and my "friend" talked me out of it... I still give him SHIT about that to this day!

Trust me... I feel your pain...

:smoke:

Ok, but this price... it began with a 1...

Less than $200!!??!! O.K. BattleRifle, nothing personal, but we are going to take you out for that one! Seriously though, I have passed over many a deal due to negative-bucks situation or just plain brain fart.

He's got a point. Can't buy what you can't afford.

There's always male prostitution to lonely businessmen though, I mean anything for a saiga, right guys?

I think that's more information than we care to know :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I missed one of those 20" bbl Saiga 223's last year, it had lingered at a local gun shop for ages, I looked at it one day, and later the next day, decided I wanted it.

Called the shop to hold it for me until I got there...guess what?

Sold the previous day.....grrrrr.........$250

The moral of this post is never let Saiga's out of your hands!

I really liked that rifle, it was stock, and to be honest, I wouldn't have even considered converting it. The balance was perfect, a great pointing gun.

Sunset_Va

• 4 weeks later...
I just might have to go that route...

LvThemGuns is correct. I walked into FBMG (Draper)on the 15th and picked up a 20 inch .223 for $284.00 They also had a few of the shortt barreled versions in stock. I asked them why they advertised such a long wait on mail orders and he said that they posted the worst (longest) case scenario on the advertised waiting time so if anything, you would get your rifle quicker then advertised.

... for this little fellow.

post-6-1139439109_thumb.jpg

Okay - here's a range report but first the excuses: 102 dgrees with 10mph wind - but any day you can shoot is a good day. Old reloads that I did when I first got started reloading 25 years ago and didn't label (But hey - they fit in the rifle). 59 year old eyes. I only put 40 rounds through it and as a new rifle a few more rounds might help break it in. The trigger pull was attrocius but I expected that. Five shot groups were were just over an inch on a 25 yard range which works out to four to five inches at a hundred yards if everything stays the same. The rifle functioned flawlessly. I am thinkig about scoping it and paying a bit more attention to the ammunition next time. I'll be checking the forums for mounts and tips on scopes and looking to improve on today's performance.

... for this little fellow.

post-6-1139439109_thumb.jpg

Heeellloo.

Is this an ongoing project or a conversion that mere mortals can do?

It's in the design phase, but part of the design is to make a kit that mere mortals can install with modiications feasible to standard conversion folk.