Factory T-hole Saigas?

i would think that the 308's upward trigger pull, and a vertical grip, could possibly be the shittiest combination ever.

i hope izhmash wouldn't do something that crappy.

seriously, your finger would be rubbing the trigger more than squeezing it.

...on the other hand, it does have styling lines clearly related to the design of the handguard.

hmm. i just have trouble believing izhmash wouldn't do a regular trigger placement if producing a thumbhole version.

Edited by 44rdv4rk

Well the gun is a 7.63x39 on the one shown, transfer system saiga, so the trigger should feel ok. I am thinking didnt atf say thumbholes are the same as pistol grip thus making the things assult rifles at one time, but maybe this is how WASR-10's can be brought in as low cap guns too with pistol grips and other evil features since the awb is gone. On a 308 the feel would be almost un natural against the pistol grip, the trigger feels better pulling up than back if you have one(on the other hand my ak hunter feels the same way too)

Edited by okie shooter
003047.large.jpg

There a guy on Gunbroker who claims that these Saigas have t-hole stocks from the factory. He appears to have at least two of them this way . . . what do you guys make of this?

Larry

I have been told that you can get saigas that way a dealer here is supposed to be orderering like 500 stocks from the factory will be here in august contact fbmg

I have been told that you can get saigas that way a dealer here is supposed to be orderering like 500 stocks from the factory will be here in august contact fbmg

Unfortunately ATF says it's a violation to add a t-hole w/o compliance parts (see: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=10759). I sure hope someone doesn't go to jail for this . . .

Larry

The trigger alone is worth converting to p-grip, never mind the better balance and shorter overall length. Add the splendid ergonomics of some US made parts and it's a no brainer for me. The Choate dragunov style is great if you like synthetic, and any number of wooden varieties including my own US made model would work well if you wanted that option.

The trigger alone is worth converting to p-grip, never mind the better balance and shorter overall length. Add the splendid ergonomics of some US made parts and it's a no brainer for me. The Choate dragunov style is great if you like synthetic, and any number of wooden varieties including my own US made model would work well if you wanted that option.

The stock shown in the auction looks to just replace the typical monte carlo stock w/o moving the trigger. It seems like someone around here was selling stocks like the one in the auction awhile back. The whole thing doesn't seem quite like a factory job to me.

Larry

I saw a catalog that has those stocks at Gunsmoke in Crawfordville FL He said they are original and should be coming over as an accessory. Havent been there lately. Dont know if they would be legal but a lot of AKs were imported with a one piece stock after the ban.

Unfortunately ATF says it's a violation to add a t-hole w/o compliance parts (see: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=10759). I sure hope someone doesn't go to jail for this . . .

Larry

Then I guess the ATF should not have approved new form 6's to bring them in like this. Because they just arrived and are on their way to dealers (according to the descriptions on the shipping invoice). But then again we have not seen them yet, tomorrow or maybe Wednesday and then we can say for sure if thats what we are getting.

But the ATF has approved the form 6 for just this configuration.

Then I guess the ATF should not have approved new form 6's to bring them in like this. Because they just arrived and are on their way to dealers (according to the descriptions on the shipping invoice). But then again we have not seen them yet, tomorrow or maybe Wednesday and then we can say for sure if thats what we are getting.

But the ATF has approved the form 6 for just this configuration.

I guess this is yet another one of ATF's SNAFU's . . . once this version hits the stores, I will need to write a follow up to the tech branch and ask "what's up with this?"

Larry

Sure, screw it up for everyone else IF ATF did make a mistake. Does the thought of this version bother you so much that you need to make a stink about it? If anyone should care it should be us and Tromix since this will cut into our conversion business. But in fact it will benefit the whole community as it is just one more option.

They approved the form 6, they went thru the container with a fine toothed comb after the last incident with the short bbls, and ATF and Customs both approved what they saw. Including these.

ETA, these are not conversions but are imported in this configuration, just like the thumbhols AK's from China and Bulgaria durring the ban. So if you decide to stir the hornets nest, make sure you are VERY specific that these are not conversions but pre-approved imports.

Edited by PvtPyle

They would have to do a good bit of fabricating to get the current stocks to fit properly. These were re-designed at the factory to go from the SVD to the imported Saigas. They were purpose built so that ti would put the grip in the right spot, the older versions did not.

I just figure that using US parts you can always be on the safe side, that way they can't cry "non-sporting!" on you, which they seem to do with such inconsistency I barely would bother to ask unless I was pretty dang sure I knew the answer already. One other excuse to do it that way is that many US parts happen to be an improvement in quality.

Then again this is from the perspective of a guy who loves to make things himself. ;)