G3 Mag adaptors - It's taken far too long; Who's still interes

this is a very cool idea. how much are we talking price-wise for the adaptor? also since you designed and tested this adaptor and know how its supposed to fit would you be willing to accept rifles and install the adaptor personally? also maybe i missed it but what is the current releiblity of this conversion?

basically here is what i'm saying if the price for the adaptor and installation is sub $250 and functions flawlessly then i'm pretty much sold.

Sub-$250 is right, sub-$150 is almost a certainty.

As far as reliability goes, I wouldn't say "flawless" just yet, but I have cycled complete mags without a hiccup. Hopefully the latest improvement will make that the norm.

Unfortunately I cannot accept customer's guns and perform this work. That would require an FFL. What I will offer, when time permits, is a DIY kit with instructions.

As far as reliability goes, I wouldn't say "flawless" just yet, but I have cycled complete mags without a hiccup. Hopefully the latest improvement will make that the norm.

Unfortunately I cannot accept customer's guns and perform this work. That would require an FFL. What I will offer, when time permits, is a DIY kit with instructions.

Well I'm ready. I'll send mine to Will at Red Jacket if he's willing to do the work.

Well I'm ready. I'll send mine to Will at Red Jacket if he's willing to do the work.

Also very interested still.

• 4 weeks later...

IF it is reliable, and IF it is in the mentioned price range, I would still be interested.

I have a couple FBMG mags, but probably 50 assorted G3 and CETME mags. For my 16" Saiga/G3, it would be just the ticket. It would be nice to have some interchange between it, my G3 and my CETME's.

Not to mention it wouldn't look half bad on the SaiG3... :super:

post-3216-1183593844_thumb.jpg

Edited by texlurch
  • 1 month later...

BattleRifleG3 - How many of these have you made, and how many rounds have gone through them.

I'm willing to do the work for an adapter that will also "do the work". I'm not interested in something that has to be tuned after a few loads. I'm looking for an adapter that will stand up to normal to heavy usage.

Will this unit function with some abuse?

If so, I'm interested.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

In my opinion, this is a dead issue. 4 years later & still nothing. Heavy modification to the gun that could cost hundreds. Not just a simple adapter like using AR mags in a HK93. When this project started there weren't many choices for aftermarket mags. Now there's 3 that I know of. Surefire, Promag, & Uinta. Now these mags cost more than a $1 G3 mag, but considering the expensive mods needed to be done to the gun, how many mags would you have to buy to break even? Obviously the mods to the gun are too involved to be cost effective, or safe because it hasn't come to market yet. If someone can come up with a pop in adapter where the gun stays stock, I'm game, but at this point I don't think it's gonna happen. Looks like a mag order is in the works. GARY N4KVE

Edited by N4KVE
  • 1 year later...

Does anybody have a way to contact BattleRifleG3 anymore? He seems to have dropped off the map from every gun board he posted at. I hope for the best but fear the worst.

At the very least, I'd like to see his plans for it so I can do it myself. Mag cost is the -ONLY- thing stopping me from selling off my Saiga 7.62x39 and buying a S308.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead again.

Holy necro thread batman.

If I recall the G3 mag adapters and others required a good bit of material be removed from the gun to work.

ON the bright side the CSSPECS mags are awesome and they have come down in price a itty bitty bit. They are still pricey but well worth it if you want high cap .308 saiga mags

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fear not the worst. My life is just completely consumed by the most important things.

G3 mag adapters were practical when the AWB was in effect. Now, an aftermarket mag makes the most sense, especially since there are many choices.

Good to see you can still sneak a peek on occasion, leastwise.