Well I'll be! Damn, now I need another 7.62!

Are all the Saiga's that are coming in now have dimples?

Clue me in....what is the big deal with dimples?....mag fit issue?

sorry for the noobie type question....

RangerM9

Hey B-B, what year is it stamped?

Also, if you take off the front handguard...

...is the barrel notched on the sides for a lower hanguard retainer?

(marked with green arrow)

post-2093-1150087916_thumb.jpg

Thanks & good find! :smoke:

To others:

The dimples do help stabilize larger, heavier mags & drums. I think it makes it one step closer to a military config gun, IMHO.

...and I thought I was done with the 308 I just bought! :cryss::dollar::ded:

The dimples are found on all military AKs; so if you want to make a correct military AK clone than the dimples are a big deal.

Dinzag, I'll check out the rifle when I get home and let you know.

Edited by B-B
Hey B-B, what year is it stamped?

Also, if you take off the front handguard...

...is the barrel notched on the sides for a lower hanguard retainer?

Date looks like 2006; the barrel is NOT notched for a lower handguard retainer :-(

I pick mine up today! Don't suppose that there is any chance of it having a pistol grip hole hiding under trigger guard plate too.

Edited by topmaul

I dont recall how much they were there... Sorry... I just know that gilberts has posted pics of them for sale at GB...

And Topmaul... there certainly COULD be a hole... look under the trigger group inside the receiver, you should see one if it is there... Good luck!

:smoke:

I dont recall how much they were there... Sorry... I just know that gilberts has posted pics of them for sale at GB...

And Topmaul... there certainly COULD be a hole... look under the trigger group inside the receiver, you should see one if it is there... Good luck!

:smoke:

Indy, I got to the gun shop and they were closed because I hung around Eric Civil Air Patrol meeting too long what kind of self respecting gun shop closes at 1830? What is this world coming to. So the Gun will have to wait another day or so.

I pick mine up today! Don't suppose that there is any chance of it having a pistol grip hole hiding under trigger guard plate too.

Some of the 7.62x39 and .223s have the hole. I don't know if the RAA ones have them.

Some of the 7.62x39 and .223s have the hole. I don't know if the RAA ones have them.

I think mine is an EAA left over, no demple gosh darn it, but it does have the square hole, so I'll have it together in a snap tomarrow night. I just did not feel like it tonight.

I think mine is an EAA left over, no demple gosh darn it, but it does have the square hole, so I'll have it together in a snap tomarrow night. I just did not feel like it tonight.

Hey topmaul where did you order it from?

Glad you asked Atlanticfirearms.com the are great I ordered it Monday and had it Thursday! I have all my compliance parts, and just have to figure out the feed ramp issue. I suggested to them at Atlantic that they stock the most popular compliance parts, G2, stocks, etc. So they could be a one stop shop but they did not seem intreresed, no problem I use Midwest Armory, Blackjack Buffers, and the Tactical Shack for all my compliance parts. I wish I could just go to one place for everything. Rifle and parts!

Edited by topmaul
  • 5 weeks later...