SAIGA-12 Lower Forend with picatinny rail

Saiga Tactical Lower Forend with integral, single picatinny rail.

Fits Saiga-12 shotguns.

Manufactured in Russia.

Price: $55.90

Shipping: FREE

Click here to buy!

If you have any questions, you may contact us @ 678-206-7070

Max (Makc)

forend.jpg

tginternational_008s.jpg tginternational_011s.jpg

tginternational_011s.jpg tginternational_012s.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Unfortunately, this one is only designed for Saiga-12 :unsure:

Although these may have been specifically designed for the Saiga-12, they also happen to fit the Saiga-20 as well. At least, such is the information that I have obtained from several prominant Forum.SAIGA-12.com members that personally own several of these Tactical Forends.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a drop-in part - no mods needed.

As for Saiga-20 - it should *should* fit, I do not have S-20 to try it on to be able to say for sure...

They are now back in stock, ready to be shipped out!

Click here to get it!

I do not see how would a forend with integral single picatinny rail creat any problem with reguards to 922r...

I do not see how would a forend with integral single picatinny rail creat any problem with reguards to 922r...

Well, my thoughts were this would be a great way to be able to mount a front hand grip. Since the rear hand grip means you have to convert, I was not sure about mounting a front one.

• 1 month later...

Well, my thoughts were this would be a great way to be able to mount a front hand grip. Since the rear hand grip means you have to convert, I was not sure about mounting a front one.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the picatinny rail forend its self would not create a 922r problem... but once you mount a front hand grip, then you do have a 922r problem.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my take on it.

922r states that if you change the configuration into something "non importable" (Saigas are not ever imported with the tactical forearm) then you must have no more than ten foreign parts on the changed weapon.

Just replacing the stock forearm with a different one that is not importable as part of the weapon makes that weapon something other than that which was approved for importation and therefor a violation of US law.

Adding a forward grip should have nothing to do with it. The thing is it now has the ability to take a forward grip. If you just screwed a rail on the shottie and then added a grip, you have manufactured an illegal assault weapon as far as they are concerned. The rail itself is an "assembly" too if they don't come that way from the factory.

I personally like to be damn sure I'm not making waves with my guns.

This is a drop-in part - no mods needed.

As for Saiga-20 - it should *should* fit, I do not have S-20 to try it on to be able to say for sure...

They are now back in stock, ready to be shipped out!

Click here to get it!

I submit the following information for clarification of my previous post wherein I stated, "...they also happen to fit the Saiga-20 as well."

The Russian Tactical Forend with integrated picatinny rail absolutely fits the Saiga-20 without modification to the handguard itself (I own one and currently have it mounted to my S-20).

BUT, to have the Russian Tactical Forend fit "snuggly," some sort of modification to the S-20's front receiver must be performed, i.e., the slot openning where the handguard forend slips in and seats itself into the front of the gun's receiver, that slot is too big or should I say tall (versus 'wide').

I convey this information based on what Tony Rumore did to my TROMIX S-20 in order to accommodate the Russian Tactical Forend. Tony spot-welded a small metal block inside the forward receiving slot (located at the front of the gun's receiver group) so that the tactical handguard/forend's tongue would fit properly.

Not owning or having access to a Saiga-12, I am unable to perform a visual comparison between it and the S-20....but apparently the dimensions of the slot or hole opening is different between the two shotguns.

Additionally, I personally wanted to be able to use both forend handguards with my S-20 (the Russian Tactical Forend as well as the OEM S-20 forend), so to accomplish that, Tony recommended that I simply file down the tongue on the OEM handguard (any common handheld metal file will do). I did so and it proved to be absolutely no problem. Now both handguards fit like a glove.

Edited by Gary
This is my take on it.

922r states that if you change the configuration into something "non importable" (Saigas are not ever imported with the tactical forearm) then you must have no more than ten foreign parts on the changed weapon.

Good ol' 922r, a restiction so vague it could be read to mean anything....

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes "

So the question is, is a saiga with front hand rail "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes?" I never would have thought the Skeleton Rail would be allowed since the ATF considers such stocks as being a foreign pistol and buttstock but here we are. The only way to truely be safe to to write the Tech Branch and wait for a response. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
are the rest of the furinishings in the back ground of the package also avalible? price?

Yep, they are all right there in the e-store as well.

• 8 months later...
This is my take on it.

Good ol' 922r, a restiction so vague it could be read to mean anything....

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925 (d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes "

So the question is, is a saiga with front hand rail "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes?" I never would have thought the Skeleton Rail would be allowed since the ATF considers such stocks as being a foreign pistol and buttstock but here we are. The only way to truely be safe to to write the Tech Branch and wait for a response. :rolleyes:

will not matter forearm with or with out rail is the same, import part. Not every part is on 922r as a part you can look up list online with frame,stock,trigger,follower,ext.

v girp on pistol is a no no makes it A.O.W.

on saiga it is same as china rings

every thing but 12276.1 would be

Has anyone tried http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=727

or will it need same tromix bracket as Galil

Edited by madmax4x4
v girp on pistol is a no no makes it A.O.W.

Not correct. A factory S12 is a shotgun... even if you remove the stock. Therefore, you can't make an AOW out of the firearm. A shotgun with a vertical foregrip is just a shotgun with a vertical foregrip.

And for the very old thread referring to 922r compliance, it's not whether or not a firearm has been imported in a configuration... it's whether or not it would be importable in a configuration. I mean no S12s have been imported with 2rd magazines... but that does not mean that you can't use them and remain 922r compliant with a standard sporting configured S12. So in short, a railed forearm on an S12 may be importable... or it may not be importable... so 922r may or may not apply. Personally, I doubt it would apply... but all my stuff is either 922r compliant or NFA items.

Does this forend feel as cheap as the factory saiga forend? I like synthetic furniture, but the factory stuff on the saiga feels like a toy...

It's much more robust than the regular sporter forend. It's thicker and stronger.

• 1 month later...
v grip on pistol is a no no makes it A.O.W.

Not correct. A factory S12 is a shotgun... even if you remove the stock. Therefore, you can't make an AOW out of the firearm. A shotgun with a vertical foregrip is just a shotgun with a vertical foregrip.

And for the very old thread referring to 922r compliance, it's not whether or not a firearm has been imported in a configuration... it's whether or not it would be importable in a configuration. I mean no S12s have been imported with 2rd magazines... but that does not mean that you can't use them and remain 922r compliant with a standard sporting configured S12. So in short, a railed forearm on an S12 may be importable... or it may not be importable... so 922r may or may not apply. Personally, I doubt it would apply... but all my stuff is either 922r compliant or NFA items.

No I mean V grip on a pistol like glock with tac rail that is the only time the rail would change the rules to A.O.W.

But you could make a saiga 12 an A.O.W like rem or mossy but I think who ever makes it would have to use a fresh receiver but I don't know that for sure and to have a S-12 A.O.W would only make seance if your state had laws on SBS SBR but not A.O.W

has anyone used form-1 to make a shotgun that they already had into A.O.W instead of SBS