Holy Grail found?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure zero labor, you think an injection molding machine cranks out complete mags? The raw material needs to be off-loaded from a truck, it may require dehumidification to run properly and someone will have to check that out, the molds need to be hung, the machine needs to be loaded with raw material, the molded parts will probably need to have a little tit removed from the injection process and the magazines need to be assembled, checked for quality and packaged and we haven't even gotten into overhead like OSHA compliance, corporate/income taxes, EPA compliance, Worker's Comp, Payroll taxes and on and on and on... Zero labor my butt.

Semantics.

"Zero labor" meant you deliver your mold to the injection-mold company and tell them yoou need X amount of pieces. And then you drive down and pick up the pieces when completed. Zero labor in comparison to whittling something out on a milling machine.

Also, you rude ignorant tool, qoute me where I said anything negative about Z1500 or the product he was making?

I said I can't justify spending that kind of money on TWENTY magazines. I will buy TWO.

How is me knowing what those magazines cost to get from concept to consumer, me dissing him?

If I recall, other than the price, I had nothing but good things to say about the mags. No?

Ignorant tool? Hardly. You made the inane zero labor remark as if you knew what the fuck you were talking about ya dumbass, not me.

But let's get down to the brass tacks. First you were going to spend $600 on $30 mags(that were really $30 - $40 from the start) but now you can only "justify" spending $120 on two stinkin mags, your story pegs the Bullshit meter. You wish I was half as ignorant as you are obvious.

Man!,

It looks like I missed the boat on the pre order for the mags. I hope some of you guys will test the crap out of them, with every kind of ammo you can get your hands on. Especially some Barnaul STEEL HULL AMMO, as this stuff was made for the S-12, wasn't it.

From the info Kevin has shared on materials and design, it sounds like these will be well made. With some firearms there are the cheap jive mags that are OK for the range but basically junk. Then there are the good mags that cost more, but are what everyone really wants. It's easy to find junk. If these things run well, these look to be the one that everybody wants, regardless of how many other mags are on the market. I could almost see the Russians buying some.

Edited by cscharlie

Tell you what CSCharlie, if I get mine before the 22 of July I will be using them at our local tactical shotgun match and I'll let every 922r compliant Saiga that shows up use them if there are any problems you can bet we will know about it after the match. Usually there are between two to six Team Saiga shooters there.

Tell you what CSCharlie, if I get mine before the 22 of July I will be using them at our local tactical shotgun match and I'll let every 922r compliant Saiga that shows up use them if there are any problems you can bet we will know about it after the match. Usually there are between two to six Team Saiga shooters there.

Don't forget this Mag is US made and counts as 3 parts. A regular sporter Saiga 12 has 13 parts,minus 3 for the new Mag. Slap that baby in there. This Mag will help everyone get their parts count or pretty damn close depending what they have added to their shotgun.

Don't forget this Mag is US made and counts as 3 parts. A regular sporter Saiga 12 has 13 parts,minus 3 for the new Mag. Slap that baby in there. This Mag will help everyone get their parts count or pretty damn close depending what they have added to their shotgun.

I hope Tromix is getting a batch of US made gas pistons made, they should be selling like hotcakes when those mags hit the street. Hell if I was AGP I'd cut a deal with Tony and I'd have them in stock ready to sell with the mags.

I am pretty syre Tromix has the US gas pistons made. I was browsing through his threads and site and wanted to add more goodies to my pre-order on the muzzle brake to and he said the gas pistons are $25 a pop. I've been busy lately so I haven't been able to do the preorder and buy that gas piston. I'm gonna do it right now!

Any updates on the mags?

I Emailed AGPand all they told me was that they are working on it. What ever that means I guess time will tell. NO time frame given. Just that the mags should be done some time in this decade is my guess. I Sure hope it is the same time I get my 20rd 308 mags or sooner. :ph34r: Ah 2 Saigas, 2 hi caps. :angel:B)

Well one can dream. Maybe I'll get bored and try to make a 11 or 12 rder by adding another saiga mag to my 8rd franken mag(2 saiga mag bodies).

Any updates on the mags?

No real news. I honestly thought we were pretty much done a month ago and were going to be shipping by 4th of July. But the mold sliders didn't work as designed so some changes had to be made. I don't give projected ship dates anymore cause they are beyond my control.

As for the price of the mags, they were never going to be under $40. Price was set by taking the total investment to make the first 1500 mags and deviding by 1500. So we will not even break even till about 1500 sold. The original plan was to break even at 1000 but the price was just too high ($80ea). This whole project has been 100% funded and all risk taken by AGP Arms. We are a real company with plenty of our own money, nobody will be charged one red cent untill mags are ready to ship.

Kevin

Thanks for the update, Z1500.

I am a patient man - hey, I waited out clinton and the AW Ban - so I can wait until these are right. I prefer that to something that doesn't do quite what I need at a lower price or faster delivery.

Standing by...

• 2 weeks later...
I hear ya, patience is the key.

I am still waiting out Reagan's 1986 machinegun ban, and Bush Sr's 1989 import ban :ded:

Yeah, I hear you on those - but I have other fantasies that will probably come true first.

At least with clinton and the AWB there were defined expiration dates. They could have passed another AWB but the political tide had turned by the time it came around and so the sun did set.

Edited by MadMax

They are still made of ................................................................................

................................................................................

....................................................................... (you know what!)