Do you have to square the receiver at the end...

..where you put on the stock. I put in an Ace internal reciever block with the folding stock, and the stock looks like it is angled upward.

Normal? What do I have to do to correct this?

I just looked at mine and it appears proper. If yours is angled, I would suppose that some filing and checking with a good square is the only thing you can do to correct the receiver end. However, have you checked to see each component is seated square and appears proper, or is the actual end of the receiver out-of-square?

The upward angle is the design genius. Any attempt to "fix" it would be defeating the extensive engineering!! Don't do it!

The ACE, when right folded, which I do not do, will allow you to use the gun while folded. About the early 1960s, AKs, and all other modern mil-type rifles, began to put the stocks IN LINE with the barrel, as opposed to dropping the stock (historically all guns, and AKs--the original AK, model of 1947). The AKM, the AR. and...the list is too long, began to put the stock's shoulder contact point in-line with the barrel to reduce the climb that all mil rifles prior to that point with dropped stocks actually engineered into the guns (losing proposition for quick follow-up shots).

The ACE allows you to have a high-aspect stock (in-line) when extended, AND below the charging handle when folded (right side) so the gun can be used while folded. Many right folders will have the charging handle hit the stock when shooting it folded (bad). I left fold with any stock that I can do so with, but, if you right fold, the ACE will allow you to actually use the gun (what a concept!). There is NOTHING wrong with the ACE, or similar stock, that appears a tad higher while extended. DO NOT actually spend money to remove the genius engineering. That makes no sense.

Edited by inparidel