Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm thinking about getting a Saiga in .308. I've only seen them available online, but I'd like to buy one locally if possible. I've noticed a few of you are from North Carolina. Any of you guys know of any dealers with a good Saiga selection in the central NC area?

-chris

Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm thinking about getting a Saiga in .308. I've only seen them available online, but I'd like to buy one locally if possible. I've noticed a few of you are from North Carolina. Any of you guys know of any dealers with a good Saiga selection in the central NC area?

-chris

Hi

Welcome aboard bro! Yet another future Saiga addict from NC. :super:

There is a a gunshow going on at the fairgrounds in Raleigh right now. I think I'm going to head out there soon. You should be able to pick one up there from one of the vendors. Classic Arms, based near Charlotte, always has a selection and their prices are unbeatable. Good luck.

-chris

http://www.classicarms.us/ ...that place is awesome ive gotten 2 rifles from them so far and im in jersey......this place is in indian trail,nc....they have 7.62x39 saigs 16.5 inch barrels with the rifle but stock for $230...and they have saiga 12s with the 19inch barrel for $370......i highly recommend this place....good customer service and prices...(just saw u wanted a .308...lol)

Edited by NJsux

Yeah, I visit the classic arms site regularly and have heard great things about them. I would have no problem buying a Saiga from them, but I don't see any in .308 on their site.

I won't be able to make it to the gun show this weekend, but I won't be ready to buy anything for a couple of months yet anyway. Maybe by the next time it rolls around...

I've been to the Dixie Gun and Knife Show they have at the fairgrounds every few months but I've always been disappointed with the selection. I think the show this weekend is put on by someone else... you guys know if it's any better?

-chris

Yeah, I visit the classic arms site regularly and have heard great things about them. I would have no problem buying a Saiga from them, but I don't see any in .308 on their site.

I won't be able to make it to the gun show this weekend, but I won't be ready to buy anything for a couple of months yet anyway. Maybe by the next time it rolls around...

I've been to the Dixie Gun and Knife Show they have at the fairgrounds every few months but I've always been disappointed with the selection. I think the show this weekend is put on by someone else... you guys know if it's any better?

-chris

If you catch Classic at the Funshows they usually have more than what is listed on their site. They used to carry the 12's, 308's, 223's... at the shows. The Charlotte show is a good one, and the Greensboro one is always awesome. :killer:

Wasn't very impressed with the gunshow. Some of the regular vendors I go to see like DPH Arms were not there. Talked to the guys at Classic and they had sold all the Saigas they brought with them by mid day Sat.

While I was at their booth I did run into a fellow member though.

:super: Nice to meet ya nyclu3!

Wasn't very impressed with the gunshow. Some of the regular vendors I go to see like DPH Arms were not there. Talked to the guys at Classic and they had sold all the Saigas they brought with them by mid day Sat.

There is a Saiga 308 in a gun shop here in Elizabeth City but they want too much for it. I believe they have both the short and longer barreled Saigas.

Do you remember how much they were asking? Even if it's considerably more than some of the prices online, it might be worth it considering shipping and transfer fees.

let me check tomarrow I need to do some serious looking for a 308 I really think I will be getting one by the fall just to bug a guy with a Cetme

So good to finally meet a Saiga Dr. with his tool. I was very impressed with the item you had. I'm going to try to use some of the ideas I saw on your s-12. Hope to do more in the future so when I do my s-12, I might create my humble version of your perfection. I did get some Ideas from my nephew on finishing my s-12 with Krylon Camo paint... I'd like to know if there are any issues with this paint.

To get back to Spaker, I hadheard that there are gun shows here in the south relatively more often than we have them in NY. I'mjust lucky to havestumbled across one while I was visiting friends in Raleigh. Good luck in your search.

nyclu3

pete

Edited by nyclu3