Rail system for 308

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone makes a quad rail system that will work on a Saiga 308. I'd love to be able to put an eotech in a scout mount foward of the dust cover and put a light and front pg on it. Will the braveheart sop mod ak system work? Any ideas at all?

Thanks,

D

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone makes a quad rail system that will work on a Saiga 308. I'd love to be able to put an eotech in a scout mount foward of the dust cover and put a light and front pg on it. Will the braveheart sop mod ak system work? Any ideas at all?

Thanks,

D

the Ultimak mount will work, gas tube is same OD and length as Romy and other standard AK's. You'll have to clearance the handgaurd around it.

So far as lower or side rails, no one makes a direct fit I know of, but if you have the synthetic forearm, it is easy enough to mount rails to it.

• 1 year later...
Yes..has anyone done this or can verify that the gas tube is indeed the same diameter?

I can absolutely verify the gas tube is the same; I have a Romy tube on my 308 Saiganov

I don't have an Ultimak on there, and the only interference I can see would be the barrel diameter, but I don't know that the 308 OD is that much larger.