The way I had my light clamped under the barrel did not work so well after a few rounds because the recoil would shift the clamp too easily. No matter how hard I tightened it or used LockTite on the screw, it would still move after a few shots.

So, I bought a picatinny rail and bolted it onto the underside of the forearm. This made it so I could use one of the Fobus light mounts that just snaps on. And I can put on lasers and other stuff. I installed a foregrip on the rail too.

So, if you remember, these are the old pictures:

post-2-1068240999.jpg

post-2-1068241142.jpg

post-2-1068241263.jpg

post-2-1068241389.jpg

In addition to modifing the gun, got a new digital camera too, so here's the new pictures:

wholegun.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun3.jpg

newgunmod.jpg

Note from girlfriend - it's a good thing *someone* knows how to do HTML or he wouldn't have these pics up to show you :haha:

Edited by SaltPeter

Matt & I went to the range last night and got some video of the saiga (law enforcement only version) in action. The video clip is about 15 meg, if anyone has MSN or AIM and wants to see it, get ahold of me at "Redhairistrouble" on AIM or "redhairistrouble@aol.com" is my contact email for MSN and I can send you the video. We're trying to find a site to host the video so you can all see it.

The new rail held up fine, the forgrip stayed on tight - but the light slipped out again from the recoil, you can even see it at the end of the video, with the last shot, the light came loose. Going to have to either scrap the light idea or find some way to make it stay.

We even brought my hippie-type anti-gun friend (she actually pointed out a John Kerry sticker on a car on the way there).. but we took her to the range anyway, "just to watch"...

We're working on another convert. She even fired off three rounds from the saiga, which for a tiny tan girl in a skirt and flip flops, it was pretty funny to see.

And here's my handy-work: http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8875216

:rolleyes:

Great pix. What type light is that? I have been looking around and most lights are either cheaply made or :dollar::dollar::dollar: . Is there room in the part that clamps the rail to thru drill the mount and rail and secure with a 6/32 screw?

G O B

P.S. The wisest man i ever knew (grandpa)once told me "there is nothing better than a good woman or worse than a bad one."Looks like you have a winner!

Oh, I got him all right.

And we found out this morning, not only is there video of Matt tearing up some targets with the saiga, there's a video of me playing with the big toy too. :-)

He did tell me though "I think you're enjoying this a little *too* much"

How can you enjoy it too much? I don't get it... :haha:

What type light is that? I have been looking around and most lights are either cheaply made or    .
It's a TACM III flashlight with pressure switch. They are $84.95 at www.deltaforce.com.

Is there room in the part that clamps the rail to thru drill the mount and rail and secure with a 6/32 screw?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. But the rail is secured to the gun with 5mm allen-head screws.