20 GA rifled choke tubes availible?

I'd like to get a rifled S20 and a rifled choke seems like the easiest route. I see that there are 'Paradox' rifled choke tubes availible for 12ga, but are there any made for the 20ga? The Hastings/Paradox website doesn't show them. Are there any other sources?

I appreciate any help!

thanks,

Mark

I'd like to get a rifled S20 and a rifled choke seems like the easiest route. I see that there are 'Paradox' rifled choke tubes availible for 12ga, but are there any made for the 20ga? The Hastings/Paradox website doesn't show them. Are there any other sources?

I appreciate any help!

thanks,

Mark

I don't believe S-20's were imported with threaded barrels.

Also I haven't seen any factory S-20 chokes for sale anywhere.

Best bet is to have it threaded for Rem Chokes as those are available as rifled.

Here's a link....www.choketube.com

Yep! There are...

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/cat...=10&si=True

Some in Win-Choke and some in Rem-Choke thread patterns. Pick your poison, but find a good gun smith or they'll have a helluva time working with the Saiga since the barrel isn't removable and the barrel is made of chrome-moly coated steel I think? Something much harder and thicker than they usually deal with.

• 3 months later...
Yep! There are...

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/cat...=10&si=True

Some in Win-Choke and some in Rem-Choke thread patterns. Pick your poison, but find a good gun smith or they'll have a helluva time working with the Saiga since the barrel isn't removable and the barrel is made of chrome-moly coated steel I think? Something much harder and thicker than they usually deal with.

Another option for adding a choke tube is to have a external sleeve brazed or welded to your barrel that's got the internal threads for the choke tubes. This is something custom gun shops do when adding chokes to thin walled barrels, so they will probably have to make the adapter custom to fit the O.D. of the saiga barrel.

More of an opinion than experience, but I'd also be inclined to go the external extension route.

Actually I'd have half a mind to go with a fresh rifled barrel, but I'd need to read up on a few things first.

I put up a post a few weeks ago looking for fully rifled barrels. No luck yet. I'd probably have to buy a used rifled barrel from another shotgun and cannibalize it to make something work. I'm not sure if the barrel lug is actually part of the barrel or if it's shrink fit on it. I'll have to look into this a little more after hunting season.

Pick your poison, but find a good gun smith or they'll have a helluva time working with the Saiga since the barrel isn't removable and the barrel is made of chrome-moly coated steel I think? Something much harder and thicker than they usually deal with.

Actually, they're not too bad. I know you had your S-12 done up. My buddy at The Gun Barn did my buddy's S-20 for win-chokes for $70 and he had no problems. I've bored out my S-12 leftover chunk on the lathe and it is hard, but it turned just fine. :up:

BTW, I wouldn't mind doing an S-12 rifled barrel conversion.

Anyone remember the topic it was posted in?