Anyone ever try mounting the Surefire 918 (or 618) FA on a Saiga? What kind of fitting do you think it would require? I would love to see one made for it

I have a Surefire clone(Rico Alpha9) mounted to a Saiga Tactical Forend and it is awesome especially with the Ace folder closed. This might me an easier and cheaper way to achieve your goal. Even if you don't like the vertical foregrip you can get the tactical forend and mount whatever Surefire or other brand light you want to it.

gallery_2033_3_57726.jpg

Anyone ever try mounting the Surefire 918 (or 618) FA on a Saiga? What kind of fitting do you think it would require?

I know of a guy who adapted a SureFire MP-5 forearm to an AMD-65. Took a ton of work, but came out great. I suppose something similar could be done for a Saiga.

Personally, I just hung a SureFire "Classic" weaponlight from the barrel using a Laser Devices mount and a 1" scope ring. Gets the light closer to the bore axis than it would be on a railed HG, and the assembly hasn't budged at all in several hundred rounds.

Anyone ever try mounting the Surefire 918 (or 618) FA on a Saiga? What kind of fitting do you think it would require? I would love to see one made for it

I have a Surefire clone(Rico Alpha9) mounted to a Saiga Tactical Forend and it is awesome especially with the Ace folder closed. This might me an easier and cheaper way to achieve your goal. Even if you don't like the vertical foregrip you can get the tactical forend and mount whatever Surefire or other brand light you want to it.

gallery_2033_3_57726.jpg

Beautifully!!! :up:

Yours faithfully Alexey.

My Rico Alpha9 has been great. A lot cheaper than the Surefire - and potentially even more robust. You get generally find them on Ebay, though I found it from some Hong Kong mail order site that shipped two days later to the state.

gallery_2033_3_57726.jpg

Who or what is "RedAlpha9" and where do I locate it?

R

Don't know if it's ok to post that I actually sell the Rico Alpha 9 light (have used one on my RRA AR15 with great success, and will be mounting one on my Saiga 12 once I get it back from Tony Rumore)!

Don't know if I'm allowed to post prices on the forum, but you can e-mail me at info@citizensafe.com and I can get you pricing.

RicoAlphaDiagram.gif

hbsseller: How has your Rico light handled the recoil on your Saiga 12? Ever had any issues?

Edited by citizensafe

R

Don't know if it's ok to post that I actually sell the Rico Alpha 9 light (have used one on my RRA AR15 with great success, and will be mounting one on my Saiga 12 once I get it back from Tony Rumore)!

Don't know if I'm allowed to post prices on the forum, but you can e-mail me at info@citizensafe.com and I can get you pricing.

RicoAlphaDiagram.gif

hbsseller: How has your Rico light handled the recoil on your Saiga 12? Ever had any issues?

I'm not hbsseller but that's my S-12(and S-308 and orange cat) pictured in this thread with one on it and it has handled a couple thousand rounds and the original bulb still works perfectly. The light is really bright and is nicely focused. I would never spend the money on a Surefire that's for sure.

R

RicoAlphaDiagram.gif

You should probably post it on the for sale forum. But I'd like to know your price. I bought mine quite awhile ago for $165 +$10 shipping from Hong Kong and it got here in about a week.

Edited by DaGroaner
Citizensafe... you may post for sale items in the for sale thread. Or, at least you may post information on how to purchase these items with a link to them there.

:smoke:

Ok we'll do, I do have a good review on these lights on my website at:

Rico Alpha 9 Light

I'm happy to give Saiga12 forum members $20 off the Rico light if they are interested. I will include 3 lithium batteries. So the total cost would be $179 (free shipping) + lithium batteries.

I have 3 of these lights left before I'll have to place another order.

Edited by citizensafe

Citizensafe... you may post for sale items in the for sale thread. Or, at least you may post information on how to purchase these items with a link to them there.

:smoke:

Ok we'll do, I do have a good review on these lights on my website at:

Rico Alpha 9 Light

I'm happy to give Saiga12 forum members $20 off the Rico light if they are interested. I will include 3 lithium batteries. So the total cost would be $179 (free shipping) + lithium batteries.

I have 3 of these lights left before I'll have to place another order.

That's a sweet deal on a great product. I'd buy one from you but right now Jeric has me in suspense and holding onto my pennies with his LRBHO announcement. Good luck, I'm sure they won't last long.

Absolutely no problem with Recoil. Think is totally solid. Have put through about 1,000 rounds with it on so far.

R

RicoAlphaDiagram.gif

citizensafe,

Thanks for the deal!

I will probably get one for my AR first as my S12 doesn't have any rails yet (waiting on the Halo quad rail). It seems to be recommended, so why not?

I am just waiting for a reply from Hong Kong as to whether the Rico Light will accept Surefire accessories...will report back once I know for sure.

Down to 2 lights now.

Also, if you didn't want to spend the $$$ that the Halo rails cost, you could always go with the command arms Tri-Rail Lower Handguard for AK47/74. It only costs about $45 and will mount quite a few accessories including the Rico Light. I sent one to Tony to put on my Saiga 12, I'll post finished pics once I get it back.

Here are a few pics of the command arms lower handguard.

command1.jpgcommand2.jpgcommand3.jpg

Edited by citizensafe
citizensafe,

Thanks for the deal!

I will probably get one for my AR first as my S12 doesn't have any rails yet (waiting on the Halo quad rail). It seems to be recommended, so why not?

Or you get one of these( I have two) for $60 while supporting this board.

post-3-1150761208_thumb.jpg

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=11291

Because of the design of the saiga 12, the shape and thickness of the barrel, placement of the gass tube and the gas block, I was able to easily modify a surefire 618 for the rem. 870 to be mounted straight and solid on my s-12. With a dremel tool, a little patients, and some hand fitting, its easily do-able. Its alot cheaper than a 900 series, and i dont really favor the forward vertical grip, and i don't like loading up with tac rails ill never use either. I have also fired several hundred rounds in single sessons thru my s-12 with the surefire on and the plastic doesn't melt or warp, its very tolerant. I apologize for the poor image quality, the blurry ones were taken on a camera phone. But just to share my surefire flashlight solution, hope you guys like.

post-116-1153028929_thumb.jpg

post-116-1153028951_thumb.jpg

post-116-1153028967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lagomorph

That's purty sweet look'n!!. :super: ..Have you tried any heavy mag loads on the SF 60 or 61 bulbs??..& if so did they take the shock???....I kept blowing elements in mine with Mag loads...I wrote surefire & they stated that the 60/61 bulbs were NOT shock rated...which didn't make any sence to me because it was the same set up as a Remy 870 PMax of mine..(Of which the 618FA comes with it from the factory....But seemed to last ok with Mag loads in the REmy Pmax..

I wonder how much more fitting it would take to put one on a Benelli M3 Or M4??..The M3 is Inertia & the M4 is gas...Do ya think maybe there's less shock in the Gas like the Saiga than the Inertia??..

..Doesn't SureFire make one for the AK styleRifle or shotgun??...

Really sharp look'n on the S12!!..

Stay Safer! :super:

I have tried heavy magnum loads and have had no problem with either the 65 lumen or 120 lumen bulbs, i have a 120 bulb in my saiga right now and a 65 in my 870 right now. Other than the fact that the 120 bulb eats batteries like potato chips, i have had no problems with either of the surefire units or bulbs on both my 870 or saiga. I have had one dead 65 lumen bulb DOA from surefire, sent it back and took the time to request the 120 lumen bulb for replacement.

Because of the gas system and semi-auto action of the saiga, recoil between the 870 and saiga are a world of difference using mag loads. I'm not a really big person and can only tolerate 2-3 3"mag rounds/ 1 1/4 oz. slugs in one sitting with my 870. Its really punishing and i don't like it. My father's 870 even has a mercury recoil reducer and a 1" squishy pad and that doesn't really help either. My saiga had an ace skeleton side folder, 1/2" rubber pad and a buffer tech. buffer; I can shoot 3" mags out of the saiga-12 all day long. its that big a difference. But like i said, i haven't had any problems with either of my surefire weapon lights and i would say bulb longevity would be better on a saiga that on an 870. Hope this helps.