LRBHO Complete (Video)

Also need to know what type of bonding agent is recomended for bonding the tab to the magazine follower.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I use rubber impregnated CA glue. I find it at my local hobby shop, sometimes called "tire glue" for use on slotcar tires or RC car tires. It's very tough. But if you can't find that, regular CA will do. Another recommendation would be "plastic weld" or "plastic epoxy", found at most hardware stores. That stuff really stinks when you're mixing it, so you know it's good!

J

See the For Sale listing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh yes the P word. Nice.

Looks sweet but it could be a problem in a SHTF situation.More to go wrong?AK's are simple and highly reliable.M16's,well,get my drift?

If y'all can't get up with Jeric, and can wait a couple more months or so (I know...) I'm gonna be releasing my LRBHO and it will prove to be the cat's ass. Hopefully Mike D and I will also have a new

"I wish I had this designed about a year ago so I could have had Kevin mold his mags accordingly. I still want to talk to him about it. All the modifications to the mag and follower could be made to his existing molds. Now that would rock!

Jeric"

Have you had a chance to contact Kevin yet? Seems like his product has yet to be finalized.

-P.

Have you had a chance to contact Kevin yet? Seems like his product has yet to be finalized.

-P.

No, I haven't. Just been too busy. This is not something that he could just go in and change, it would require quite a bit of time and effort. Maybe for future runs, we'll see...

J

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a few questions. looking at the install pdf, it seems like the bho only catches on about 1/16" of material. how does this affect reliability? It seems as if the mag has alot of potential to catch on the thing as its being inserted. Also the forward lever seems mighty thin. How is the durability of this unit? Do you have any detailed pictures of just the unit (not in the gun).

thanks.

Hi:

The LRBHO sounds great. One of the things that the AKS12 is missing from the factory, especially when using it in competition.

My question is this. MY gun has the factory manual bolt hold open. Will your unit still work? If so, do you take PayPal :dollar::D

Cheers,

Tim

I have a few questions. looking at the install pdf, it seems like the bho only catches on about 1/16" of material. how does this affect reliability? It seems as if the mag has alot of potential to catch on the thing as its being inserted. Also the forward lever seems mighty thin. How is the durability of this unit? Do you have any detailed pictures of just the unit (not in the gun).

thanks.

I have had this in my S-12 most of this year, it's reliable. The pieces are hardened to R45, so they're pretty much on par with the steel that they're stopping (the bolt carrier). When you think about it, the bolt carrier is not travelling very fast when the rear lever engages it. It has just started it's forward travel.

There is no chance of the mag being caught up on the lever. Well, if it does, you've got greater problems than this. The mod made to the mags allows it to clear.

The forward lever is thin, (there is very little space along the inside of the gun). As long as the forward lever is snug with the hammer sleeve, everything is kept nice and tight and you should experience no issues.

My question is this. MY gun has the factory manual bolt hold open. Will your unit still work? If so, do you take PayPal :dollar::D

Cheers,

Tim

PM sent

• 3 months later...

-P.

No, I haven't. Just been too busy. This is not something that he could just go in and change, it would require quite a bit of time and effort. Maybe for future runs, we'll see...

J

You want $$ for this or just have us do it to the mags and you continue to sell the metal parts? Changing the molds isn't cheap but if it works really well and is a solid design then it's worth doing.

Kevin

"why the hell is this in the discusion forum" i thought. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! AGP mags no mods required to the body! Just the follower. I would still have to convert my other two mags but i will hold off on buying more if they are going to have the section already taken out in future molds. BAD ASS! Hope it goes through.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great work Jeric, your half way to where i'd like to see the AK47 design, if you can make it drop the bolt from the left side of the gun, something along the lines of a M16 boltcatch you just slap it would be awesome.

If tony will do the conversions and tony or someone will make the followers (I dont like the idea of something glued.) I will send mine in for the modification.

Edited by mike123456
BTW jeric what mag release are you using?

It looks like it'll allow me to drop an 8 or 10rd mag while drawing another, that would be awsome.

Check it out here:

Extended Mag Release Lever. It does a good job. Sometimes the mag will fall out by itself, and when it doesn't all it needs is a tap from the mag you already have in your other hand.

Feel free to PM me for details.

J

• 1 year later...

Good Luck, I have been trying to get a hold of Jeric for ages, but have not recieved any communication back. He has a web site, but then again it has not been updated for a while. http://www.warfieldarmory.com/ I also would like to purchase his products, but he has not been on these forums since Dec. 5th, 2007. From board gossip I underatand that he became a daddy and may be otherwise occupied. If you find out anything new please let us all know, and Jeric if ya are lurking around, we miss you and your wonderfull parts.

• 2 weeks later...

If y'all can't get up with Jeric, and can wait a couple more months or so (I know...) I'm gonna be releasing my LRBHO and it will prove to be the cat's ass. Hopefully Mike D and I will also have a new surprise for you about the same time, with the Bolt Release that will allow you to hit a lever to release the bolt, instead of having to pull back on the charging handle like the current method is.

If y'all can't get up with Jeric, and can wait a couple more months or so (I know...) I'm gonna be releasing my LRBHO and it will prove to be the cat's ass. Hopefully Mike D and I will also have a new surprise for you about the same time, with the Bolt Release that will allow you to hit a lever to release the bolt, instead of having to pull back on the charging handle like the current method is.

:super::super::super:

Cobra ,

The bolt release Is it on the left or right side of the S12?