LRBHO Complete (Video)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh yes the P word. Nice.

Looks sweet but it could be a problem in a SHTF situation.More to go wrong?AK's are simple and highly reliable.M16's,well,get my drift?

If y'all can't get up with Jeric, and can wait a couple more months or so (I know...) I'm gonna be releasing my LRBHO and it will prove to be the cat's ass. Hopefully Mike D and I will also have a new

There are of course mods that need to be made to each mag you have. There is a plastic tab (included in the kit) you must glue to the follower,

I ass-u-me additional follower tabs will be available separately, so we can convert all of our mags?

Edited by shooter2

Can this be installed in addition to the manual BHO, or does that need to be removed?

I don't know the feasability of this, but if Apgarms could do a production run with the tab already on the mags (I assume by milling out part of the mold), I would be one happy camper.

Now... the magwell. I understand the complications of making a staight-in magwell, mag and release; but I have always felt that if there was just a stamped (or cast, or molded) magwell, that would mount via existing receiver holes that would utilize the existing rock-n-lock system, but just be a guide to better index the mag in, that would be almost as good as a straight-in mag. Am I alone in this, or would there be enough interest to make this worth someone's while?

If it's for real (seems to be). . .Where do I send money???????????????????

I will have all that info posted in the For Sale thread. And yes, it's for real!

Ok,I'll need one of those but I am also wondering since the 308 mags are similar in size is it could be adapted to the 308s as well?

I am fully expecting this system to work in All Other Saigas. The sweet thing with AOS guns is there is no mag release housing to cut through, which is part of the reason I went with a forward lever along the side instead of over the top, it can be used in all the guns. The actual bolt lock lever for the S-12 will not work in AOS guns as it is not tall enough. As I start to sell these and it makes business sense, I will start producing LRBHOs for the other guns too.

I ass-u-me additional follower tabs will be available separately, so we can convert all of our mags?

Yes, absolutely. There will be three included in the kits, and extras can be purchased in packs of five.

Does the bolt stay back after mag is removed? How do you release the bolt if so? Will a loaded mag release it? You sir, have an absolute gold mine if you can adapt that to work in all AK platforms.

Yes, the bolt stays back after the mag is removed, so you're always putting your full mag into an open bolt. You release the bolt by pulling the charging handle back again, just as you would with the factory BHO.

Can this be installed in addition to the manual BHO, or does that need to be removed?

I don't know the feasability of this, but if Apgarms could do a production run with the tab already on the mags (I assume by milling out part of the mold), I would be one happy camper.

The old manual BHO needs to be removed, it would now be obsolete. The rear lever that engages the bolt has the little tab that will stick out the bottom of the receover just like the factory BHO, so you can use it as a manual one if you need to.

I wish I had this designed about a year ago so I could have had Kevin mold his mags accordingly. I still want to talk to him about it. All the modifications to the mag and follower could be made to his existing molds. Now that would rock!

Jeric

Hi Jeric,

I have your manual BHOs installed in my S-12s will the new one utilize the same slot I cut in the receiver for the tab on the new one? Also, they'll fit in AOS but how about all other Aks? Or all other Izhmash(I have an Izhmash AK-104 built on a US receiver)?

Oh and how about volume discounts? Combination offers with the Tactical Mag releases?

The rear lever that engages the bolt has the little tab that will stick out the bottom of the receover just like the factory BHO, so you can use it as a manual one if you need to.

Does that tab serve any other purpose? That is, could you grind it off - thereby eliminating the need to drill a hole in the receiver - and still have the LRBHO function? I found the manual BHO tab to be annoying/uncomfortable when shooting, so I removed it from my S-12.

I've been hanging around the fringes here for a while, but this is my first actual post here, and I'd like to use it to say that I'm in for a BHO, and after looking at the video I can see I need the tac latch as well. I already have two of Kevin's mags on order, and arrangements with Blackwell Inc. to do my conversion. I got supremely lucky a couple of weeks ago and found that a fellow I work with had gotten a sweet deal on a 2003 19-incher, so I grabbed it while he was wondering what to do with it. Looks like I'm well on the way to a badass shotgun! :smoke:

Oh, and thanks to everyone here-- you've helped me sort out a lot of the questions I was left with after buying the shotgun. I'll hoist a beer for you all tonight.

BTW, video sold me on the mag release extension too!

Hey, I got two promo videos for the price of one! It's just second nature to me now, it's just so quick and you never remove your hand from the PG.

Does that tab serve any other purpose? That is, could you grind it off - thereby eliminating the need to drill a hole in the receiver - and still have the LRBHO function? I found the manual BHO tab to be annoying/uncomfortable when shooting, so I removed it from my S-12.

Short answer: Yes, you can grind/cut it off.

Long answer: I, too found the tab to rather annoying and considered that fact in the design of these. That little tab on my LRBHO is very short, even a teeny bit shorter than the one on my regular BHO. When the LRBHO is engaged, the tab is flush with the bottom of the receiver, very low profile. Another consideration: The tab actually serves to stabilize the rear lever too. Keeps things from moving side to side, as little chance as it has to do so, there is the possibility of a little movement.

Cheers, Ductapeman! Beer is good for you.

DaGroaner- Yes, the hole that was cut for the manual ones is exactly the same as what this one needs, so you're good to go. With the manual BHO, the hammer pin serves as the pivot point. Now, the hammer pin serves as the pivot point for the forward actuator lever. This lever is thinner than my manual BHO by about 0.024" or so. I have spacers available for those of you who have a BHO from Warfield Armory, so your hammer won't have any side to side movement. To add, the factory BHO lever is ground down where the hammer sleeve sits, and my forward lever is the same thickness as that, so those of you with factory BHOs in your guns, this will be a straight-up swap. Whew, got all that?... good.

Jeric

Jeric, that looks awesome. I'm definitely in on buying one for the S12 and maybe my S223 if you make some later on. One question though -- my S12 has the factory hold open, do I need to cut another slot for your new hold open or does the manual use the OEM slot?

Also as long as it doesn't give away any trade secrets could you post or PM any installed pics or maybe the install instructions to get an visual on of what I need to do for the install?

My dremmel awaits.

:killer:

Jeric, that looks awesome. I'm definitely in on buying one for the S12 and maybe my S223 if you make some later on. One question though -- my S12 has the factory hold open, do I need to cut another slot for your new hold open or does the manual use the OEM slot?

Also as long as it doesn't give away any trade secrets could you post or PM any installed pics or maybe the install instructions to get an visual on of what I need to do for the install?

My dremmel awaits.

If your gun has a factory BHO, then you're set. You have the hole for the tab already cut, and since my forward lever's the same thickness as the factory BHO, so you likely don't have to remove any material from your hammer sleeve either.

There will be instructions and a tutorial forthwith, I'm nearly finished with that stuff.

Jeric

I received a set of the parts. The install looks pretty straight forward, but I would like to see Jeric's instructions before I start cutting stuff up.

On the IZ-109, the hole for the button needs to be moved back about 1/16" in order to get Jeric's part to pin into place. This hole position may not be the same from gun to gun.

Also need to know what type of bonding agent is recomended for bonding the tab to the magazine follower.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp