Russian monkeys with hammers

Apparently the Russians have monkeys too as the gas ports on my saiga are not aligned right. I had to clean out all the carbon crap out of the holes that the gas block covers (I did not even know they where there at first.).

Looks like I need to drill at lest one more hole to make this thing work right. Anyone else have this problem?

post-3-1156978196_thumb.jpg

That is SO fucked up. Please send those pics and a description of the issue to Debbie at infoATraacfirearms.com.

The owner is over there beating them up on some other issues for us and this is just fuel for the fire.

Email sent.

another pic:post-3-1156978250_thumb.jpg

That is SO fucked up. Please send those pics and a description of the issue to Debbie at infoATraacfirearms.com.

The owner is over there beating them up on some other issues for us and this is just fuel for the fire.

Holy shit................. does this mean I have to press my gas block off for inspection?

I just painted the damn thing.

Email sent.

another pic:post-3-1156978250_thumb.jpg

Is that darker circle where the ports should be? Were you expiriencing any malfunctions?

If that is the worst that the Russian's can do.. they have NOTHING on the monkey's at Century :unsure:

Is that darker circle where the ports should be? Were you expiriencing any malfunctions?

If that is the worst that the Russian's can do.. they have NOTHING on the monkey's at Century :unsure:

The circle is caused by the hole in the gas block, which is not letting gas in from two of the ports. I was experiencing short stroking due to being under gassed.

PvtPyle, here is the reply I got from RAAC.

WE HAVE SENT YOUR E-MAIL TO THE FACTORY FOR THEM TO SEE. PLEASE SEND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE SHOTGUN WITH THE PORT ALIGNMENT PROBLEM. YOU CAN SEND THE WEAPON BACK TO US ON OUR UPS GROUND ACCT: xxxxxx, WE WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE IT AT NO CHARGE TO YOU.WE REGRET THIS INCONVIENCE, BUT APPRECIATE YOU BRINGING IT TO OUR ATTENTION. THE RETURN ADDRESS IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS E-MAIL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO CALL US.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION,

LARRY WOODS

VICE-PRESIDENT

677 S. CARDINAL LN.

SCOTTSBURG, IN. 47170

877-752-2894

RUSSIAN AMERICAN ARMORY COMPANY

WWW.RAACFIREARMS.COM

The circle is caused by the hole in the gas block, which is not letting gas in from two of the ports. I was experiencing short stroking due to being under gassed.

PvtPyle, here is the reply I got from RAAC.

WE HAVE SENT YOUR E-MAIL TO THE FACTORY FOR THEM TO SEE. PLEASE SEND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE SHOTGUN WITH THE PORT ALIGNMENT PROBLEM. YOU CAN SEND THE WEAPON BACK TO US ON OUR UPS GROUND ACCT: xxxxxx, WE WILL REPAIR OR REPLACE IT AT NO CHARGE TO YOU.WE REGRET THIS INCONVIENCE, BUT APPRECIATE YOU BRINGING IT TO OUR ATTENTION. THE RETURN ADDRESS IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS E-MAIL. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO CALL US.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION,

LARRY WOODS

VICE-PRESIDENT

677 S. CARDINAL LN.

SCOTTSBURG, IN. 47170

877-752-2894

RUSSIAN AMERICAN ARMORY COMPANY

WWW.RAACFIREARMS.COM

What, no promise to fire the drunken monkeys? You should at least demand that they don't promote them to management .... :haha:

Bummer dude, but looks like RAA will make it right, and the "factory" wants to learn from this mistake.

What scares me is the possibility that there's a whole "run" of these out there.

For the boards' sake, you might want to share more info here. Were ANY shells working? Did it ever feed on 1/2 of the gas?

When we get questions about FTF's, we might need to recommend pulling the gas plug and checking to see how many ports are visable.

Edited by kmoore
I have the 19" with the permanent choke. I slid my gas block forward and saw three holes, lined up correctly in a triangular pattern. At least we know that all of the 19" guns were not assembled by inebriated primates.

Yours has 3 ports? All my 19" guns have 4. Maybe those ones with the welded on chokes are cut off 22"ers?

I have the 19" with the permanent choke. I slid my gas block forward and saw three holes, lined up correctly in a triangular pattern. At least we know that all of the 19" guns were not assembled by inebriated primates.

Yours has 3 ports? All my 19" guns have 4. Maybe those ones with the welded on chokes are cut off 22"ers?

I'd heard that was indeed the case (at least with some of them.)

I have also seen a couple different hole patterns used on the 3 port guns. Some have the two side by side ports down lower in the circle so you have room to add a fourth hole at the top. But others have the three ports centered in the circle, so there is no way to add a fourth port.

I'll slip the gas block off my 17"(well its a 19" with perm choke) this weekend when I have time.. won't come all the way off cause the choke, but I can move it to see. I'm kind of curious.

One thing for those that want to know, coat the barrel in oil before you move the gas block off, it'll prevent scratching.

Edited by jonathon

Russian monkeys with hammers? F**king american m***er f**kers! I`m from Russia, Moscow, and I`m glad, that I using Verp-12 (clone of Saiga-12 exp 030). This shotgun, like AK-74 and unlike your f**king M-16, works everywere, everytime and in any condition. And it`s more cheaper than any semi-automatic shotgun (In Russia Vepr-12 - most expensive modification of Saiga and is costs only 570$). Yes, I agrees that it needs some homemade upgrades to work properly. You male or you female? If you male, you can do it yourself with no problem. And it will work like swiss made clocks.

Some photos of Vepr-12: vepr-12.narod.ru (or http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/43/142385.html ) - look and cry - you`ll never see it in your f**king USA!

With disrespect and sorry for my english, Sergey Andreev, Russia, Moscow.

Russian monkeys with hammers? F**king american m***er f**kers! I`m from Russia, Moscow, and I`m glad, that I using Verp-12 (clone of Saiga-12 exp 030). This shotgun, like AK-74 and unlike your f**king M-16, works everywere, everytime and in any condition. And it`s more cheaper than any semi-automatic shotgun (In Russia Vepr-12 - most expensive modification of Saiga and is costs only 570$). Yes, I agrees that it needs some homemade upgrades to work properly. You male or you female? If you male, you can do it yourself with no problem. And it will work like swiss made clocks.

Some photos of Vepr-12: vepr-12.narod.ru (or http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/43/142385.html ) - look and cry - you`ll never see it in your f**king USA!

With disrespect and sorry for my english, Sergey Andreev, Russia, Moscow.

With all due respect... It seems to me that you are jumping off the deep end into the home of the flaming troll rather abruptly... Dont forget that this is the Saiga Forum... people come here to learn all things Saiga and 99.9% of the time to offer up NOTHING BUT THE HIGHEST PRAISE of the quality and workmanship of these fine russian firearms.

When something goes awry as it will with ANY FIREARMS MANUFACTURER... It is good to have the problem immediately thrown out in the open for all to see, so that it can be remedied and hopefully NO ONE WILL GET HURT due to a defective part or an improperly assembled part of any firearm.

I am suprised that you are so quick to flame, as the statements made were done, I am sure, in good humor... And, if you must know... Even the OWNER of this Forum is RUSSIAN!!!!! YET...you will not see him in here cursing and swearing because someone made a silly joke about ONE PARTICULARLY poorly assembled Saiga shotgun.

Perhaps the problem stems from the fact that YOU, Nemesid, are the one RESPONSIBLE for that poorly assembled Saiga Shotgun??? Are YOU the one that was working that day at the Izhmash factory and let that OOPSIE slip by the quality control checks?

There is a saying in this world... "Methinks the lady doth protest too much" by William Shakespeare. To me that seems strangely like the case here... You are *so defensive* it must mean that you are responsible... :lol:

I will also mention that your grasp of English is just fine. Although by no means do we put asterisks in words like "Motherfucker" or "Fucking American Motherfuckers" or "Fucking USA" ... we just write it all out...

Honestly, Nemesid... dont SUGAR COAT your feelings here... let it all out.. say whats REALLY on your mind, and tell us how you REALLY feel! :up: We are all MEN here... ( With the exception of Kyrinn, shes not.. although I hear she can keep up with a teamster when shes angry...LOL) Shout out your feelings and be heard!!! :up: Oh... Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Sincerely,

A Fucking American Motherfucker, moderator of this forum, Indyarms. :lol:

( I also have a good sense of humor... I will buy you a beer, maybe we can get one for you too (a sense of humor), and go shooting sometime??)

:smoke:

Sergey, thank's for thr Veper pic's.....and that was some funny shit. Have no fear, we have monkeys with hammers in the U.S. too, in my trade they're called flat raters. You have to admit quality control has dropped the ball more than once on the s12 (short barrels and now this). Atleast the AK is so basic in design you can get away with most minor flaws, I have to say I like the feel of my AR better and it's a lot higher quality, but dependability goes to the AK family (mostly due to the open breach on the AR). And never say never, in the male world there's always a work around. If we can't buy it, we'll make it.

See Tony's creations^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^