What Happened to the 10-Round Magazines?

One forum member was tooling up to produce and sell 10-round Saiga-12 magazines. I haven't heard a think about it for more than three months. Is the project on or off? Did the BATF intervene? What happened?

Lynn Circle

Check out the following links:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=11553

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=11422

One forum member was tooling up to produce and sell 10-round Saiga-12 magazines. I haven't heard a think about it for more than three months. Is the project on or off? Did the BATF intervene? What happened?

Lynn Circle

WAAAAAAKEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!

heh, you mean you haven't been checking in daily for updates over the last 8 months .... slacker. Or maybe those of us who do are the REAL slackers.

As I understand, Polymer = AGP/Kevin almost shipped, but last minute flaw has us in a holding pattern. Preorders have been taken, cc's have not been charged.

Metal = Saigasolutions/Ian got as far as making dies, but has them for sale :(.

yeah, my 10 are in a 60-day delayed status. can't wait! :D

Thanks to all who responded. And yes, this is my first time on the forum in about three months. Time's fun when you're having flies!

Question -- did the BATF approve these, or is that another possible hitch? (I thought they got rid of the streetsweeper by classifying any semi-auto shotgun with a ten shor or better magazine a destructive device.)

Hope the answer is a big fat NO; I don't want to be a party pooper and would happily order a couple when they are available.

I would think that it would be legal as you can get 10 round drums for Mossberg 500's.

I don't know if it is the same thing as it is a pump but what would I know.

I have seen guys shoot as fast with a pump as most standard autos.

I don't know about the S12 as I have to wait till next payday to get one...

Matt

I have 10 rounders and have checked with the ATF they said no problem, when the gun band was over they were cool with it .

I was pissed that the Gun Band didn't release an album before they broke up... I think most of the members now have solo careers in CA, IL and NY.

:smoke:

I was pissed that the Gun Band didn't release an album before they broke up... I think most of the members now have solo careers in CA, IL and NY.

Yup...Don't forget DC...& a few other places where armed robberies are way up.....The areas where only the armed assailants have guns..& law abiding citizens don't... :smoke:

...I was in the Booking area the other day when they brouht in a 19yo that got shot in the butt by a Homeowner while the fool was ripping open his convertible New Mustangs rag top..attempting to steal it out of the Owners driveway at 1am in the morning......A yankee Doctor that was attending to the perps wounds stated..."I can't believe that some guy shot a kid for doing such a tivial thing".....I just laughed..& said..."No..A homeowner thats had his home & vehicles vandalised & property stolen on more than 3 reports finally got tired of it & shot a thief in the ass...& the only problem I see with the whole matter is that the Homeowner needs to learn to aim a bit higher....& practice on taking out more than one target at a time(The thief had a buddy that got away).......The Yankee Doc snorted back that he hopes I never get shot on his shift.....I came back with..."I 'll be sure to remember that If I ever see ya get'n robbed @ gunpoint on mine"........He didn't have a comeback on that one... :ph34r:

Yup...Don't forget DC...& a few other places where armed robberies are way up.....The areas where only the armed assailants have guns..& law abiding citizens don't... :smoke:

...I was in the Booking area the other day when they brouht in a 19yo that got shot in the butt by a Homeowner while the fool was ripping open his convertible New Mustangs rag top..attempting to steal it out of the Owners driveway at 1am in the morning......A yankee Doctor that was attending to the perps wounds stated..."I can't believe that some guy shot a kid for doing such a tivial thing".....I just laughed..& said..."No..A homeowner thats had his home & vehicles vandalised & property stolen on more than 3 reports finally got tired of it & shot a thief in the ass...& the only problem I see with the whole matter is that the Homeowner needs to learn to aim a bit higher....& practice on taking out more than one target at a time(The thief had a buddy that got away).......The Yankee Doc snorted back that he hopes I never get shot on his shift.....I came back with..."I 'll be sure to remember that If I ever see ya get'n robbed @ gunpoint on mine"........He didn't have a comeback on that one... :ph34r:

That's gotta be enough to shut any left wing up!

OMIGOD!... Am I a closet lefty?!

Don't get me wrong, I am not shedding any tears for Mr. Sorebutt; and if I were in charge, any law abiding adult could be packin' whatever armament they saw fit-- BUT-

I am thinking about how it has been proven that the neurons in people's frontal lobes aren't completely wired until they are in their early 20s, and consequently they can't often make the logical progression between actions and consequences. And this lowlife punk was probably the product of a single-parent-drug-addled-poverty-stricken-moron household-blah-blah-blah and while that doesn't excuse his actions, it puts them in a perspective where you can understand and explain why.

I guess I am wondering if we want the 'death penalty' for criminal damage to property and car theft? I think we are better off if we conserve our ammo to protect our lives and freedoms; but maybe not our property. I don't want 9 year olds getting shot over shoplifting, and I don't want innocents shot over misunderstandings or stray bullets. Maybe we should draw the line further towards tolerance and safety.

I think this instance would have been better if the car owner called the police, went out and pepper-sprayed the punks, and when they attacked him, he killed them both. That's civilization!

I would be fine with that if the prison system, according to the constitution, instituted slave labor in reparation for crimes, and used the proceeds to reimburse the victims of theft.

Regarding kids not totally wired until 20s, anyone they shoot is just as dead no matter how old the finger is pulling the trigger.

I have no problem using lethal force to protect bodily security, regardless of age. I just wonder about using lethal force to protect property. And, I belive that if you intervene using less than lethal force, you probably will have the situation escalate to the point where you are protecting your body. At least then I figure I'm on the moral high ground. (I always like to fight from the high ground!)

Here in Maryland, and in most states, it is illegal to use deadly force to protect property from un-armed vandals. THAT is what the dog is for! The dog has every legal right to defend itself when the the vandal attacks her/him, and then you can use lethal force to defend the dog. PETA will probably provide you'r lawyer!

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yeah, the dog would be a good start; but if somebody messed with my dog, they'd be eatin' hot lead!

In Wisconsin you are only privledged to use lethal force if you "reasonably believe that you are in immenient danger of great bodily harm" The actual statute says "death or great bodily harm", but I have always held the notion that death IS great bodily harm! For cops, there is an addition, all intermediate steps must have been tried, or would prove ineffective. It's a lot to be thinking about as you are trying to get a good sight picture! :P

I have 10 rounders and have checked with the ATF they said no problem, when the gun band was over they were cool with it .

:smoke:

Ahhh, but "The Gun Band" did make a new song and actually just posted it. Check it out.

The Gun band AKA Solution7.62

Yes, I am a whore.

• 1 month later...
So what is the story with saigasolutions? Their site is gone, and rumors abound. Who has the facts?

Their deal fell through due to a change of ownership I believe. The dies for the 10 round mags were for sale on GunBroker not too long ago. Bummer. :cryss: I think AGP will come through with the synthetic mags and release them when they are fully functional. :smoke: