782 replies to this topic

#1 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

As I browse the forum, I can't help noticing the creative screennames...some are obvious (like mine for instance, my actual name), but others, not so much.

So, what does yours mean?
Posted Image
The Number One name in Saiga conversion

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#2 Rusty

Rusty

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

Not that my nickname is interesting or anything, but here goes:

Rusty: Comes from the 68 Corvair I'm restoring. Started as I was driving to work one day. Some Nader loving goon pulled up beside me in a plastic, wind-up, Asian-mobile. and called out: "That's a rusty piece of shit"
I replied: "My car can squish your car" then won the race to the next light.

So, "Rusty" is short for "Rusty-piece-of-shit."

#3 AegisDei

AegisDei

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

So, "Rusty" is short for "Rusty-piece-of-shit."

haha, that's a good story.

i won't get too bogged down into my name's history, but it's latin and translates as a conglomeration of four words:

Aegis=shield; protector
Dei=god; lord (genitive of possession)

So it means: Lord's Protector or Shield of God

i leave it up to the reader to interpret the translation how they see fit. i'm not a religious fanatic by any means, so don't go that route. i just chose my signature b/c even the bible supports being armed and it fits well with the religious connotations of my name.

good topic, btw, i'm interested in a few other names
AegisDei

"...he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." ~Luke 22:36

#4 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

Well... mine is kinda simple... "Indy" is just a shorter version of my last name... and ARMS as in armaments (that context is obvious here...)

So... Indy-Arms (sorta like remington arms. or the like....)

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#5 44rdv4rk

44rdv4rk

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

mine's just been my internet handle for years, and since i dont believe in changing nicks, im sorta stuck with it.

first word in the dictionary, translated into the "1337" alphabet. i was both lazy, and misguided as a young'n.

actually i still am both lazy and misguided, just differently now. :haha:

#6 Cobra's Custom LLC

Cobra's Custom LLC

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,680 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Cobra's Custom LLC

• Company Website:
    www.cobras-custom.com

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

Very cool post Bob! It's refreshing to see something different once in a while. :up:
Rusty that one's for the archives :lolol:

Well mine is a combination of my favorite reptile, favorite rifle cartridge, and the "two" 1976 Ford Mustang Cobra IIs I'm hoarding for restoration after putting over 200,000 miles on one of them.
:super:

These damned Saigas are killin' my hotrod! :cryss:

Attached File  My_Cobra_1.jpg   69.95KB   26 downloads
Attached File  My_other_Cobra_1.jpg   67.59KB   36 downloads
Attached File  IMAG0006.jpg   315.85KB   32 downloads
Posted Image

- Bolt & Carrier Mods and Polishing > http://www.Cobras-Custom.com <
Details on Cobra's Custom ReliabilitySystem >> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90388-new-ak-saiga-vepr-bolt-and-trigger-service-no-extra-waiting/
Our Sub Forum - COBRA'S CUSTOM LLC
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME!

#7 KySoldier

KySoldier

Citizen-Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:52 PM

I'm in the Kentucky National Guard; when I joined several years ago I was mobilized and living at Fort Knox.
@--Don't Tread On Me--@

#8 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:47 AM

Very interesting guys!

Aardvark in leetspeak....hilarious!
Posted Image

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#9 Wakal

Wakal

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

Mine is just my last name. I'm not smart enough to remember cool nicknames :unsure:

Alex
  • mountainman with a saiga likes this

#10 TEXASAK73

TEXASAK73

Resident Asshole!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

My home state, initials for my paypal alias "Alex Klein" and favorite weapon platform and my DOB.
(7.62x51)Vepr-308/V-308M14 KCI conversion,Saiga-308 22" Saiganov,Saiga-308 16"(unconverted)
(Shotguns)Saiga-12 "C",Saiga-410 "C",Saiga-12(unconverted)
(5.56x45)Saiga-223 AK-102SC,Saiga-223 20" AK-101 RJ Conversion
(7.62x39)MAK-90,Polish AKMS,Hungarian FEG SA-85,Romy "G" rifle,Romy"G" pistol
(5.54x39)Romy MK II 5.45,Bulgy AK105 pistol

#11 KY Citizen

KY Citizen

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

Mines not very original, but my cousin got me reading this forum and so when I finally decided to join I went off of his. He joined the Guard and so went with KySoldier. I have medical issues that kept me from signing up with him so I’m just a citizen. Sooo.... “KY Citizen” works for me.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

www.gilbertsguns.com

#12 BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:33 AM

Mine is sort of self explanatory, I'm a fan of the full power Battle Rifles and have a G3. Sort of my first love. Now that I'm into AKs (I hated AKs at the time) and piston driven rifles I'm not so sure I'd pick the same one, I've at times thought of just switching to "BattleRifle", but the BRG3 appreviation works well and is certainly the name I've made for myself, as an "out of the box" yet traditional enthusiast and craftsman.
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country. But he that stands it now deserves the love and thanks of men and women. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

From this place we will deliver notice to the parlaiments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness.
And we will hold that line, no matter the cost. - John Sheridan, 2259

They Invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. The line must be drawn here, now! This time they will go no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done. - Jean Luc Picard, 2376

#13 nyclu3

nyclu3

NAVY Dad

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

Well, mine is a sort of boring one. I work in New York City, right on 5th Ave. around 42nd St. and I'm an IBEW Local 3 Electrician. I've had this name since my gaming days, NOLF, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Battlefield2, Battlefield 1942, and Call of Duty2. My dad is Navy retired and my daughter is joining the Navy as we speak.

#14 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 6,684 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

The sights. Or the Luminox watch. Or the isotope necessary to allow nuclear weapons to produce their full yield (or is it deuterium?).

Actually I glow in the dark.

Edited by tritium, 22 July 2006 - 10:51 PM.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#15 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,855 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

mine is pieces of my first and last name. I dont use my regular internet handle on this forum...and im not revealing it either :)
Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

#16 SSGTWC

SSGTWC

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

Mine is my rank and initials

#17 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

OK BattleRifleG3...I had yours figured out already, but what is that avatar all about?
Posted Image

#18 G O B

G O B

Grumpy Old Bastard

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,798 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

Grumpy Old Bastard

or Good 'Ol Boy , in polite company!

Freelance Philosopher and Professor Emeritus, School of Hard Knocks and Sharp Blows to the Head

Be yourself, for if you are NOT yourself, then who the hell are you?

"so is the soap they use to brainwash you environmentally safe?" (Bucky Katt)

#19 44rdv4rk

44rdv4rk

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:52 PM

OK BattleRifleG3...I had yours figured out already, but what is that avatar all about?

i'd say he's a sci-fi fan. with an avatar of ra from sg-1 and two sig quotes from babylon-5 and st-tng

good quotes BRG3, btw... very poignant.

edit: i was wondering about yours, G O B. i thought it was an album by pigface... but that was G U B i think.

Edited by 44rdv4rk, 20 July 2006 - 04:58 PM.

#20 Gaddis

Gaddis

Squeeze my lemon 'till the juice runs down my leg

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

I wanted an Unreal Tournament 'bot sounding type name since I used to waste so many hours in the distant past laying that damn :angry: game. :super:

As in "You were own3d by Gaddis." :lol:

Loque sounds too close to the German word "loch" (which means hole).

Maybe having that as a screen name would sometimes fit me better though. :unsure:

"Right On, Vas"

#21 ironhead7544

ironhead7544

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

The 1957 to 1985 Harley Davidson Sportster has cylinder heads and cylinders made of cast iron. They are known as Ironheads. I have a 1975 model. The 1986 and later Sportsters heads are made of aluminum. The 44 is my favorite caliber.

#22 topmaul

topmaul

Competitor's Corner Moderator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

Mine is from the book Moby Dick, Melville got it wrong the Topmaul was the head carpenter on a sailing ship the guy that could fix anything. Not a Hammer, although I have been called "the Hammer" from time to time.

I'm Back!

#23 dinzag

dinzag

dinzzag@yahoo.com

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Favorite metal arteest! :super: :super: :super:
Attached File  __90_Glenn.jpg   33.38KB   19 downloads
Attached File  danzig1991.jpg   31.6KB   22 downloads
Glenn Danzig
  • WildmanWilliams likes this

#24 BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

It's actually Apophis, considered by many to be one of the best villians from Stargate SG1. Part of an egomaniacal race (the Goa'uld) that wields technology to make people think they're gods, and have gotten to thinking it themselves over time.

Apophis was the only Goa'uld that really had depth to his character. He was more than just full of himself, he was noble and instilled a sense of national pride and honor in those who followed him. In fact he wore his own armor (gold vs the silver of his men) and led his armies. A bad guy to the end, but one who brought out the best in men, who believed in what they were doing, and were rewarded for their accomplishments.

I'm not pro-Apophis in the slightest, but he wasa great character. A man you'd respect when you face him in battle.
  • slippingaway likes this
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country. But he that stands it now deserves the love and thanks of men and women. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

From this place we will deliver notice to the parlaiments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness.
And we will hold that line, no matter the cost. - John Sheridan, 2259

They Invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. The line must be drawn here, now! This time they will go no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done. - Jean Luc Picard, 2376

#25 TheGunHustler

TheGunHustler

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

thegunhustler= buying and selling and trading guns always tring to make a profit as a good hustler should
gunhustlers guns

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TheGunHustler
I will defend my freedom and family at all cost

peace through superior fire power

Posted Image

#26 Kyrinn

Kyrinn

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

Favorite metal arteest! :super: :super: :super:
Attached File  __90_Glenn.jpg   33.38KB   19 downloads
Attached File  danzig1991.jpg   31.6KB   22 downloads
Glenn Danzig

His real name is Glenn Allen Anzalone, and is apparently a cousin of my sweetheart.

I'm more a fan of his Misfits and Samhain days, but the first Danzig album is pretty darned good. :)

Best,

As I browse the forum, I can't help noticing the creative screennames...some are obvious (like mine for instance, my actual name), but others, not so much.

So, what does yours mean?

Just my first name.

I'm Kyrinn Synthea Eis (pron. 'Ice') in the real world.

#27 44rdv4rk

44rdv4rk

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:09 AM

It's actually Apophis...

oh yeah! my bad... its just been so long since they killed him off. :P

#28 Griz

Griz

Griz

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:02 AM

I am 6'2 and 320 pounds, balding, near sighted, basically grumpy. Some folks think I am completely out of my mind.

Griz seemed to fit somehow as my white hair qualifies me as a silvertip.

Thank you for asking
Shirley Temple
in Seattle.
  • Omega Invictus likes this

#29 dinzag

dinzag

dinzzag@yahoo.com

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:12 AM

His real name is Glenn Allen Anzalone, and is apparently a cousin of my sweetheart.
I'm more a fan of his Misfits and Samhain days, but the first Danzig album is pretty darned good. :)

Yup - the old stuff is where I was initiated as a youngster. Detroit Halloween Samhain show when I was about 10ish. $6.66 ticket prices :devil: :super: A lot of people think he's a sawed off dickhead, but he can sure whail! This pic is from a few years before I was born - school pic maybe?
Attached File  180px_Anzalone.gif   45.6KB   18 downloads :lolol:

#30 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:39 AM

184 views and only 28 posts...c'mon guys, 'fess up. You're among friends.
  • machinist likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users