And here all along I thought it was just a shortened "Tokay Gecko".... I guess I was CLOSE...

pic of tokay gecko...

post-721-1158525184.jpg

I had one when I was a kid... they told me not to scare it... as it would die... Well, I was holding it one day and somone came to the front door... the dog started barking loudly... and the lil critter flattened out in my hand... DEAD... I was pretty suprised... hurt... and pissed... It was like WTF??!?!!?!?!??

:smoke:

hahha, i used to have one of thosetoo... it made the most dreadful croaking noise. mine only shed its tail when frightened.... then it got loose, and i saw it occasionally around the house for a few months, then never again.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

Mine is/was the name of a Saxon ancester and means "Noble (or Princely) Sword". The Saxons were heavy into weapons, combat and loved to sing songs (i.e., swap lies?) about their accomplishments. Chose the name because I've long been intrigued by my Saxon ancesters.

Okay, now I have an avatar -- that's what a middle-class 10-th century Saxon would have looked like dressed for the evening or travel with short sword and a 16" dagger in his sash.

(Hah! And Cobra thought I'd never post this!)

Edited by Aethelbert

Well, I gotta say... Tok, you caught me off guard. Here I had a certain picture of each of the board members in my internal eye, and, well... Huge Respect to you, girl!

My girlfriend, I'm making her a pink "Hello Kitty" folding stock AK-74 for X-mas. A LOT of people don't get that. Bet you do. I hope I can get her in the whole "Catholic school girl" get-up with pigtails and everything and take her to the range.

Things aren't always what they seem, but people are who they are.

[Oh, my name: I smile. I'm a guy.]

Edited by Smiley_Guy

angrydutchman: LOL

Smiley: I do indeed understand the "hello AK". My last girlfriend wannted a Pink M1 carbine, with butterflies painted on it. I was dumb at that point and said something to the effect of: "Hell, the stocks are cheap enough, you could have several painted in different ways."

She took this as "playing dress-up" and ran with it. Who knows, she may actually own one someday... and I shudder to think of how many "out-fits" it might aquire.

Oh, and I personally love your avatar. It goes great with the screen name.

USPride: "Angry American" is one of my favorite songs. Toby Kieth rocks! "... cause we'll put a boot up your @$$, it's the American Way..."

:super: Well ,my screen name is from the game Warhammer 40K and is a Chaos Space Marine army/faction. The short of it is they were tainted by 'evil'/chaos and tried to stop it,but in doing so,were labeled as traitors,so they are kind of 'Evil/good' -good intentions but viewed as evil...sort of fits 1 facet of my personality I suppose......like I have said before I have 'issues' and am a little askew at times....

Here is a pic of what a Thousand Son Marine looks like and someone here know what I am talking about because they-jokingly-called me a heretic and told me to burn- I have to go look the member up but-KUDDOS TO YOU! for knowing my screen name!

post-2841-1158783400_thumb.jpg

:lolol: Hey Tokaaaa! I have to admit the same as the rest of the forum members-thought you either had/liked the lizard OR... :eek: you could lick your eye with your tongue!! :eek::unsure::lolol::lolol::super: NOW that would be a talent!! I also have to give you huge kuddo's for the highly personal information you revealed to us all and I am glad you think of us as highly as you do....ROCK ON! :super::super::super:

I try not to make a big deal out of it, and in return, no one has yet made a "big" deal out of it. As far as lizards go: after seeing the horrible conditions in most of the pet stores around here, the next one I get will be the most spoiled reptile on the planet. lol Seriously though, I do appreciate the mature reponses, but let's not make this a thread about me. ;)

I thought your name sounded familiar ThousandSon. I know several 40K players, but never got into it myself.

'Bad Bob'

Many years ago (I'm a gray-haired old fart ;>), when I first started posting on internet firearms forums, I noticed a trend among a certain segment of the firearms-owning population to adopt really 'dangerous' sounding names. Enough of them were complete @ssholes (308@noon comes to mind ;>) that I figured I would go the exact opposite direction.

I chose the name of a character in a movie - "Bad Bob" (now, that's the albino "Bad Bob," played by Stacy Keach, not the somewhat less notorious Mexican "Bad Bob" ;>). Good ol' "Bad Bob" rode into town, threatened to kill a judge, and promptly (just a few minutes later) got back-shot for his trouble - good riddance, I might add (and the hole the judge blasted through Bad Bob's boiler room, though a big one, wasn't quite big enough for my taste ;>).

Not a really good movie (IMHO), nor was "Bad Bob" (obviously) an admirable person, but it reflects what you pay for reading my opinions here - which is zero. Always keep that in mind, when reading internet posts - ZERO! For all you know, I'm Chucky Schumer's favorite toadie (GOD! what a horrid thought! ;>), or Ted Kennedy's favorite say-anything-expert on gun control, or Hillary's best spy inside "the gun culture."

(Having warned you up front, and FWIW, I will say this: in reality I am a person who takes his oath to the Constitution seriously, I have read many of Thomas Jefferson's [and the other founders'] original works, and I am also, IMHO, a liberal's worst nightmare - I believe the United States Constitution means precisely what it says... ;>)

• 2 weeks later...

I started using CSM a long time ago at another forum and it's become my main screen name since then. It refers to the old Ekranoplan KM, an experimental Soviet wing-in-ground-effect high speed transport ship-plane-thing from the '60s. It was nicknamed the "Caspian Sea Monster" by US intel when they saw the arial photos, since they had no idea what it was supposed to be. Here's a pretty nice scale model for those who still have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/CaspianSeaMonsterPage.htm

CaspianSeaMonsterMain.jpg

Also, many kudos to Tokageko, as I too am like you.

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster
  • Like 1

This will be my last post on this forum. What I have read in this thread has both shocked and disgusted me. I am shure I will be flamed for saying so, and my post will probably be deleted. I can not believe that any red blooded american can go along with something that is so wrong. It was so wrong that God killed an entire city of men, women, and children over it. I am so sorry to see that it is becoming acceptable to so many people.

Let me say that I have really enjoyed this forum and it has helped me learn alot about the AK platform. I just can no longer keep the type of company that I am beginning to realize I am in. If I have offended anyone, I am sorry you have been offended. I will not appologize though for what is right. I will be sighning off now for the last time. Moderators you can delete my account, I have checked and can't figure out how to do it myself.

Let me leave you with one more thing, that is most important:

I Corinthians 15: 1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

• Like 1

hmm... must be scared the sin will rub off. :angel:

so weak in your convictions that you cant even share a chatboard with someone that doesn't live your kind of life?

'fraid your convictions will crumble?

I'm not... we all come here to talk saigas, and nobody has pushed their trip.

If i need to go to hell for occupying the same e-space as a "sinner", then so be it.

:killer:

Caspian Sea Monster eh? Pretty cool plane.

As far as "jtoddellis" is concerned, good riddance.

"What I have read in this thread has both shocked and disgusted me."

Now that I have read your post, I can say the same thing. If intolerance of one's fellow man is central to your religion, you can have it...but keep it to yourself. I wonder what kind of people are around you at work, at play, where you shop, dine, etc.

Thanks, Bob. I was just being honest. I never would have said it if Toka hadn't, I usually don't reveal that fact on gun boards. I didn't mean to step on anyones toes, I'm sure neither did Toka, but I guess some people just can't tolerate difference.

Or the Dutch. :lolol:

vjor is the man, as usual. (Clowns creep me out too, bro)

CSM, I'm glad you're here, and couldn't give a fuck about your sexuality.

I'm originally from Southern California...worked in the entertainment industry for many years. One learns a few things about diversity. Unfortunately, inbred fucks like that will never rise to achieve the tolerance and love that is at the center of the book they are so fond of quoting .

The few transexuals that I have known all had the same attribute; they were right up front about it. I assume it is because of the years they had to keep it hidden, that would have to weigh heavily on a person.

In closing- any of y'all that are still tripping about it, get over it.

Oh god wtf...

I'm still Cobra 76 two because I like Cobras and the cheap efficient 7.62 cal guns in 51, 54 and 39.

Bob it's still a good thread cause it's interesting to see how people come up with their handles. Always an intersting story in there somewhere.

I'm not homo, by or transexual and I don't think people who are should be real loud about it cause it does ruffle some feathers. Me just talking about it right now is sure to ruffle some and it's not cool to take the thread off on a whole different path by doing so. That said, Tok was on topic with his post and if that's what his screen name is about and he was willing to bare all in front of his gun board friends and whoever else happens on this thread in the future then he still has balls whether he knows it or not...lol. What did they say in that rediculous puppet movie? I like balls! LOL If a man or a woman has some good input about guns and is willing to share it with people all over the world then I don't care what they do behind closed doors, this isn't the place to talk about that, I recognize those who come here and talk real stuff about GUNS. It's easy for me to tell the difference between them and the NC Shooters and other trolls out there who go to a gun forum to pick a politcal fight with someone.

JT you also have the same rights to your opinions and how serious you want to be about God and religion and how you judge your fellow human beings concerning what someone wrote in a book that got changed around and rewritten for centuries... I'm not religious and I don't blame people for what they do in life on anything but them and the choices they make. It's not Satan's fault, he's too busy fucking Sadaam :lolol: don't you watch South park? Anyway you can say anything you want here just like anyone else and no it won't be deleted!

Bottom line is, and I'm sorry for falling into the threadjacker trap, I can respect anyone who stands up for whatever it is they believe in, even when it may not be their choice.

Now I have to draw the line when it comes to muslims killing people because they don't have the same religious beliefs. That's just plain wrong! And to me christians who judge others too harshly and try to make them feel like they are bad peolple because they don't go to church or memorize the same books...well that's just plain wrong too and that's why I'm not religious. What the hell's fucking wrong with just being a nice fair person to everyone you meet and expecting the same in return?

One thing's for damn sure! You bring up politics, racial tension, religion, sexual politics, or drum mags for shotguns on a gun forum and it will take ANY thread off the deep end quick!

Damn there goes Cobra again typing too much shit he knows is gonna get him in trouble... Fuckit I'll just toss back another shot, ya'll skip ahead...I will ALWAYS say just what I mean in real life and on this forum and I hope everyone else does too. You guys are all like extended family to me and I hate to see anyone leave or stay if they aren't comfy here.

If this doesn't bring McUzi out of the woodwork nothing will... :rolleyes:

<stumbles away from spoapbox for another shot...lol>

• Like 1

Cobra, you're a good man. I'm glad you're here.

"Bob it's still a good thread cause it's interesting to see how people come up with their handles. Always an intersting story in there somewhere."...well it has a decent post count and a fuckload of views so I figure it's interesting to someone besides you and me!

"I'm not homo, by or transexual and I don't think people who are should be real loud about it cause it does ruffle some feathers"....I used to feel the same way, many years ago.