• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

Mine is a combination of the first 2 letters of each of my daughters names, in order of birth. The 5 is there because when I signed up for my e-mail account that screen name was already taken, go figure. I added the 5 so I could keep the name.

A few years back I inherited a cat. The cat came with an overgrown acre of property ( refer to it as the farm) with a rundown house. The house is in the country and I worked like a dog for quite awhile to get everything back up and running. Hence my name farmdog.

I am 'Mayor Al', I was dubbed the "Mayor of Cajon Pass" (SoCal Mountain area)ten years ago, by friends who shared an very active interest in Railfanning and rail history in that area. I was involved in teaching a weekend workshop for Cal-State San Berdoo titled "Exploring Cajon Pass" for several years back in the 90's. In 2000, I retired and moved back to the Louisville area (Southern Indiana) the name stayed with me in my online activities. I am a Moderator on the Roadfood.com website, with an obvious interest in travel and good chow on the road. I recently bought a Saiga 12 and am gathering info and experiences from the good info I have found in these forums. I hope to have something worth contributing in return in the near future. I am a retired educator,both college and public school (34 years). Took a buy-out in 2000 and haven't regretted it for a minute.

I am a casual shooter on a fairly limited retirement budget. The Saiga is primarily for home defense and detterent to idiots who thing I am an easy mark. I also have a snubby 357, a couple of other shotguns,a nostalgia-packed M1 Carbine, and a Tokarev 7.62 that came home with me from "over there". I am 68, happily enjoying my second marriage, way overweight and know a lot about Kentucky Bourbon (from the taster's position).

OH Yeah I have SIX (6) sons who wil squabble and fight over who gets the Saiga when I depart this world !!

Guess that's enough for a greeting.

Mayor Al

Edited by Mayor Al

My screenname was Nascar related but has since been shortened to just fan and since I am a fan of whatever forums I participate in it seems to work pretty well since it's simple and its rarely ever taken. plus the fact i have always needed a fan to sleep since early childhood. mostly for the noise I can't stand silence drives me crazy but I run hot so I need to have some air flow. the screenname started when I got my gmail acct. I'm a huge Dale Earnhardt fan and when he started his own team of course I was a fan.the gmail id is a kind of play on letters and numbers its

dei815fan@gmaildotcom dei for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated. he had three cars the 8 car, the 1 car, and the 15 car (815 or 8, 1, 15) but then jr left and Mikey left then Truex so that pretty much leaves fan :rolleyes:

but here I'm a gun fan and actually a huge Saiga12.com fan

John

GenuineOutlaw: My name is Jimmy C. Outlaw....That's about as genuine as it gets. My daughter actually used it first, and me being the loving father couldn't let a beautiful girl have a handle like that, so I just stole it. The Ape with the suit and the .45 was just totally cool when I saw it. The caption under the pic was "Me, in the next life". How cool is that? The nuke emoticon :nuke: was my two year stint in Minuteman nuke missiles and 10 years with B-52's during the Viet Nam era. Other than that, just boring shit like shooting, 4 wheelin etc. :lolol:

• 1 month later...

i'm a Pastor in the Christian Church, and when I was in seminary, we were studying Greek. Skotas means "Dark" or "Darkness". My first name is Scott which sounds like "darkness" so my friends started calling me Darko, and it's just stuck ever since...

and that's my story

well mine's fairly easy. Gnostic is short for the Gnosts or Agnostic religious preference meaning belief in a god but follows no specific religion, and Guardian because I've always had a very protective side aside from the fact that one of my jobs is protecting others without regard for their religious preference, physical attributes or race.

My dad and I scuba dive in the rivers and creeks of eastern North Carolina, which are full of everything from prehistoric fossils, to Indian artifacts, to colonial, to Civil War, to early Pepsi bottles which can be worth several thousand dollars. Working under permit from the state, we found and excavated the CSS Appomattox, a Confederate gunboat lost in the Dismal Swamp. The artifacts we recovered are on display at the Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.

My dad and I scuba dive in the rivers and creeks of eastern North Carolina, which are full of everything from prehistoric fossils, to Indian artifacts, to colonial, to Civil War, to early Pepsi bottles which can be worth several thousand dollars. Working under permit from the state, we found and excavated the CSS Appomattox, a Confederate gunboat lost in the Dismal Swamp. The artifacts we recovered are on display at the Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.

that's pretty freaking awesome TD. I'll make sure to check out the museum if I'm out that way this Spring.

that's pretty freaking awesome TD. I'll make sure to check out the museum if I'm out that way this Spring.

Well, I make teeth for a living, I need something interesting in my life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...