Long-time nickname is Hawkeye, but that's usually taken on just about any forum. .451" is the most commonly sized bullets I've sent down-range. Probably well over 2 tons from the mid 80s to early 90s, 200 grains at a time. I may have to get back into shooting IPSC.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

Rusty: Comes from the 68 Corvair I'm restoring. Started as I was driving to work one day. Some Nader loving goon ....

Funny,

There's a guy in my area with a nice Corvair with "NADER" on the plate. He thought it was funny that I understood it; not too many people get it, I guess.

Mine's just name and 327 is my favorite Chevy engine, coincidentally from my 68 Camaro. Sold it to get married....... God, I miss that car.....

Grew up on a farm in the 40s and 50s. A large percentage of our income was from raising poultry (chickens and turkeys}. Lots of feathers right? From an early age I was very interested with all things Native American. Feathers played a role in there culture. I was very much into Archery, more feathers. My moms maiden name is Fletcher. More feathers. I have a history of not being the most positive person in the world, not that I'm the only one. Broken? When looking for a username many years ago, some how it was almost a vision quest moment when Brokenfeather jumped out at me and as they say the rest is history.

So I guess being complex creatures we apply descriptive attributes to ourselves for others to ponder.

Dr. Thunder is a Wal-Mart knockoff of Dr. Pepper that my friends and I developed an affinity for in high school, eight has been my lucky number since I was a kid, and when I went to sign up for AOL Instant Messenger back in the 90s both DrThunder and DrThunder8 were taken. Later someone pointed out that 88 also had significance to White supremacists, which is unfortunate but ultimately completely irrelevant to me and my chosen handle.

And my avatar is the abominable snowman from the Windows 3.1 game SkiFree.

Edited by DrThunder88

I played Unreal Tournamnet with some friends online an they had names like Mega Watt, Gigawatt, etc. Since I was new to the game I thought it was more appropiate to be 40 Watt. All of us are powerplant workers (reason for all the electrical references) and they thought it was funny as hell when my screen name popped up. They still beat the crap outta me.

SteveB327

In response to your use of the Camero in your handle... John whateverhisnameis, The owner of the Papa John's Pizza shop chain, based here in Louisville, went on a search for his long lost Camero from the days of his youth... I think it was a '69, bronze/gold one. Anyway he traced it from owner to owner and found it, rather worn out, but still on the road a few years ago. To shorten this story, He totally rebuilt it in the image of his "Boy-Toy memory" and uses it in many of the pizza delivery commercials for Papa Johns that we see in the Louisville area. Nice to know someone had the resources to fill a dream from our past !!! :dollar:

My user name goes back 15 years or so. I lived overseas for a minute and wanted something uncommon with my first AOL username....

Roughly it will likely translate to, I am a God. Back in the good ole days when I was untouchable and drove 140 mph and did all the fun crazy stuff. I know a bit better now, but only most of the time.

electric_shock.gif

Take your pick: the number three plane in the Black unit of a WWII Luftwaffe squadron or Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s car number. Seems odd these days to have to say "Sr." when you talk about Dale Earnhardt, but it has been ten years. Anyway, I'm paranoid enough to use a nom d'guerre on gun boards, since I don't consider the US Government to be my ally.

• 2 weeks later...

I was training with Gabe Suarez in central America several years ago. I had flown up from Colombia with some Colombia Special Forces to train. Being 6 3 and 260lbs had me towering over my collegues during training!! Gabe called me Pequenito to get my attention. That means little guy in spanish. Everybody started laughing at gabe's description of me and then the Colombian guys said i was a Colombianito!! ( A little Colombian man!) The name took hold........... 6 years later............. people on at least 4 continents in over 50 countries know me as Colombianito!!!

colombianito: I'm 5'4' and all I every got called was shorty or papa smurf which stuck with me for quit a while in some circles. Papa Smurf that is. Your handle is quit good. And 50 countries that has to be a record of some sort. I'm not sure I could ever handle that amount of travel. Good luck in all your travels.

"timy" is a fictitious character I invented on GMInside News. I was getting so many Nigerian scam spams I decided to do a parody and post it there. timy "hijacked" my usersite in order to scam people there. While he claims to be an all American "from the city of Kansas City, state of Missouri, not Kansas State" some suspect he has foreign origins.

I used the name here because it was simple and close enough to my actual name. While he was/is a somewhat unsavory character on GMI, I keep a close eye on him here and don't intend to let him peddle any of his "offerings" to the unsuspecting. However, if he does try to sell you any really cheap AK47s "custom made" from airsoft guns I would strongly advise against purchasing one. You have been warned.

Tim

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=63866

Edited by timy

And my avatar is the abominable snowman from the Windows 3.1 game SkiFree.

I could've swore I recognized that avatar from somewhere!! Mine came from my gamer tag, stnlsp90 ( I no longer play online, more time for guns and ammo!!). I traded the Ruger for an '83 Gibson Explorer. I miss that gun, but added 1911 since I bought it after I traded the Ruger. I don't play the guitar anymore, and that Ruger is the only gun I got rid of, I miss it :(

Edited by stnls1911

My family was traveling overseas. We were in a mall in Thailand when I apparently walked away from my parents hand. The malls were very crowded there. I was found and taken in by a stranger. I was then sold to a local whorehouse. I made them alot of money being a young blonde haired American boy.

I eventually reunited with my family after 8 years in that Thai whorehouse.

After years of counseling, I think I turned out pretty well.

Sincerely,

THAIBOY

PS "Joe Dirt" was not a funny movie to me.

Edited by TYBOY
  • Like 1

My family was traveling overseas. We were in a mall in Thailand when I apparently walked away from my parents hand. The malls were very crowded there. I was found and taken in by a stranger. I was then sold to a local whorehouse. I made them alot of money being a young blonde haired American boy.

I eventually reunited with my family after 8 years in that Thai whorehouse.

After years of counseling, I think I turned out pretty well.

Sincerely,

THAIBOY

PS "Joe Dirt" was not a funny movie to me.

My sympathies. Finding a bright side to your story is tough but at least you were taught to work for a living at an early age.

Other than 6 1/2 years in the Army, During my entire working life I worked as a Multi-line Insurance Claims Adjuster, also, I am always changing or modifying things, therefore, I'm the Adjuster, with the second r added from my name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

whis·key/wiskē/

A spirit distilled from malted grain, esp. barley or rye.

min·ion/ˈminyən/

a slave-like follower or employee.

Basically, I do what my whiskey tells me

Edited by WhiskeyMinion