Well the BLK-HWK-VET means black hawk veteran. I'm a veteran of OIF & OEF and I was a MH-60A/L/K mechanic/crew chief/door gunner in the Army for 12 years before being medically retired in 2010.

My oldest is graduating BCT next week then on to Ft. "Useless" for AIT as a 15 Tango, I know we have talked before, you may be getting some more questions from him if that is alright.

Thats fine by me......I think I know a couple instructors at the school house there. If he gives me the names of his instructors, if I know them, I'll let him know what to expect and maybe some dirt on them too...lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has to do with radio controlled airplane, I fly a little 3D, which means you out the plane vertically and hold it in a hover, then u can bring it down and touch the tail to the ground, but it constantly wants to spin because the prop is spinning and the plane wants to go the other way, so if u get good enough u can let it spin and keep control of it, thats called a torque roll right in front of u close to the ground.

So I always yelled at my friends that could ONLY hover to torque it, hense TORKIT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mine comes from a BBS "war" I was having a long time ago as a punk ass kid, I had a board for just a few friends to use and one of my buddies put the number on a local list, and I kept getting calls in during when one of my friends had "reserved" to be on. I would kick it off and then people I knew had priority, this guy didn't like it so much, so he started trying to crack my server. He did, cleared out a bunch of stuff and general annoyance things, didn't loose anything major. So I responded and used an anon. auto dialer to keep his board tied up after doing the same thing he did to me. He thought it was a whole bunch of people that were working together. We ended up being friends after that and he came up with the name since he thought there was an organized force against him. Kind of stuck ever since for internet use. Not very cool, and pretty nerdy I know.

or people just assume it came from the game that came out a while after this.

more recenty a few friends and I have used the name for film projects and what not.

Edited by Syndicate
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine isn't that interesting but it was my MOS in the Army 45B and I'm retired from the Army so 45Bretired I'm not retirement age I got hurt in Iraq and got forced to retire. I'm 37 and get a check on the first and I got all my digits so I won't complain.

• Like 2

Wow, I have finally (2-3 pages at a time) read this entire thread.

...and I don't remember the first 22 pages of it!

Very interesting to read, though. Most screennames are fairly simple, but some of you guys really put a LOT of thought into them. One wonders if our parents thought this much before naming us?

Wow, I have finally (2-3 pages at a time) read this entire thread.

...and I don't remember the first 22 pages of it!

Very interesting to read, though. Most screennames are fairly simple, but some of you guys really put a LOT of thought into them. One wonders if our parents thought this much before naming us?

Funny enough my parents put a lot of thought into it and were going to use a family name and just decided eh wtf we'll go with this instead at the last minute.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother brought him home to lay quick Grimm Reaper style death to anything that should try and mess with her kids. He sat patiently waiting out victims for almost 17 years before his passing. No one had the guts to even come to the front door. Neighborhood kids and elders alike new to stay clear of the beast. I mean this dog would kill anything. Birds, cats, wolves and Ligers were no match. He was 110 LBS of ass kicking mutt but had nothing but love for my family.

Edited by grimm100
  • Like 7

Wow grimm100, that is a meaningful name. I like it the best.

There are some good thought put into many of the names here.

I wanted to get on and get to posting questions and learn all about my new Saiga12, and how to make it run like a Russian top.

So I thought of some thing quick and easy that would show my support of the 2nd amendment, hence "Pro2A"big_smile.gif

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Talking to myself on the way to the station.

Pictures in my head of a final destination.

All my doubts for the ones who are allowed to stay!

Try to save myself but myself keeps slipping away...

Whoa! Oh! Oh OH!

Try to save a place for my cuts and the scratches.

Try to over come my complications and the catches.

Nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day!

Try to save myself but myself keeps slipping away...

Nine Inch Nails - Into The Void (Official Music Video)

It's actually Apophis...

oh yeah! my bad... its just been so long since they killed him off. tongue.gif

Love the Avatar.

• 4 weeks later...