• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Posttal as a screen name for years on all sorts of forums.Some may think its because i have a short temper and go "postal". But actually I'm a fleet mechanic for the U.S.P.S. for the past 15 years.Certified Master tech NOT certified "postal"..I added the extra "T" because so many use the term postal as a negitive thing.But as we at the post office point out..the term going postal has been superseded with the term going high school...since more violence seems to occur there.cool.png

Mine is pretty simple....I live in SC and if there is a season for it I am catching/killing it. Deer and Hogs are my favorite but it really doesn't matter...yotes, ducks, turkeys, ect....If I have free time I am in the woods or on the water. Got love a state where the deer season goes from 8-15 to 1-1 and depending which zone you hunt no limit on bucks....did I mention hog season is year round day or night. 027.gif

• Like 1

Well... mine is kinda simple... "Indy" is just a shorter version of my last name... and ARMS as in armaments (that context is obvious here...)

So... Indy-Arms (sorta like remington arms. or the like....)

:smoke:

Stilts is my last name and 911 I work in a 9-1-1 center

Indy I am in love with your avatar anger.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sohei were warrior monks that guarded some Buddhist temples in ancient Japan. They also functioned as a powerful military force that could reinforce the political power of the local rulers if the temple leadership saw a need to do so.

Their power greatly declined after Oda Nobunaga led a vastly larger force to crush their main base to end their political influence against him. Oda Nobunaga's force of well over ten thousand ashigaru was armed with mostly spears and muskets supplied by foreign Christian missionaries since he paid lip service to conversion in order to access their weapons and other trade items. He also had some samurai cavalry and footmen armed with swords. The sohei had a force of a few thousand mostly pole arms, spears, and bows. The sohei fought with skill and bravery but were no match for the large number of massed musket units. The monks were slaughtered and the temples were burned.

This marked the turning point where firearms became the dominant military weapon in Japan although found only in limited numbers in most other armies. Yet after a few years Oda Nobunaga and his heir were dead and a lowly ashigaru, Hideyoshi, rose to become leader of a newly unified Japan. A long era of few conflicts gradually eroded the power and military skills of the samurai and set the stage for the eventual revolution by a well trained and equipped modern military.

Edited by Sohei

Benelli is one of four motorcycles in my garage. I thought it would be a great way to promote the brand that just happens to be related to the same family of shotgun fame. The Benelli is a 2007 Cafe Racer TnT1130 sharing space with a 74 Norton Commando, 89 Guzzi MilleGT and 95 Guzzi Sport 1100. Ciao

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine is the Antikythera mechanism found in an old shipwreck near the Greek island of Antikythera. It is one of (if not the) oldest gear mechanism ever found. VERY interesting to me =)

It's very interesting to much of the scientific world. Still can't 100% sure figure it out, great name man.

Mine is the Antikythera mechanism found in an old shipwreck near the Greek island of Antikythera. It is one of (if not the) oldest gear mechanism ever found. VERY interesting to me =)

It's very interesting to much of the scientific world. Still can't 100% sure figure it out, great name man.

Great name Wo-man. It's all in the details gentleman...

And I should add my 2 cents to my screen name as well. I come from a family in North Dakota with quarter horse ranching roots. I figured it was a great name since the wind has had a tendency to blow me around since college. The last four years I've spent up here. Almost a year in Fairbanks and the rest in Anchorage.

Plus I like the scene where Clint says, "You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking up your ass."

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 2
whoops my bad great name WO-man

derp sad.png

HAHA its ok. If the Hello Kitty gun didn't give it away.... big_smile.gif I am a female gamer as well and get told alot 'good job dude' comes with the territory i suppose lol

I'd rock a hello kitty gun. I think dude is less gender specific in slang use anyway, at least that's how it was between my friends and I, and just about anyone from Cali I've met .

You on steam? XBLA?