782 replies to this topic

#61 SaltPeter

SaltPeter

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

I live in the SALTy sea air by St. PETERsburg, Florida. Also Salt Peter was a guitarist for my favorite punk band, The Dwarves.
You can only get so dead. You can't get any deader.

#62 badman400

badman400

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:36 PM

Mine is the result of a sarcastic joke really. I was talking with a friend over the internet and worrying out loud to her about being too strick with my kids. I take being a good father seriously, and I was concerned that I might make my kids hate me by punishing them. She jokingly said, "Oh yeah...you're really a Badddd man...lol. And so, Badman was born. Since I was 40 at the time, I tried badman40. Someone else already had that screen name, so I added a zero. I use this handle on all the forums and have for years. Boring, huh? :smoke:
"No one knows what it's like to be the badman..." -The Who

#63 RU shooter

RU shooter

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

Heres another simple one RU abbrev. of Russia well I guess "shooter" is kinda self explaining! Started shooting Russian weapons about 5 yrs ago starting with WWI and WW2 stuff ,now I have melded into collecting and shooting everything Russian. Had this same screen name for about 5 yrs on different Forums.
RU.

#64 akok

akok

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

184 views and only 28 posts...c'mon guys, 'fess up. You're among friends.

Well...mine is pretty easy to figure out :smoke:
"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works."- "The Law" Frederick Bastiat -1848

#65 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:39 AM

LMAO AKOK!
Posted Image
The Number One name in Saiga conversion

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#66 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

Akok pronounced "A-cock"?

Yeah... I guess that *IS* pretty self explanitory... :lol: :huh: :blink: <giggle... snort>

Too bad it wasnt something EASY to guess like AK's are OK! or the like... <shrug> :lol:

Just bustin ya... :lol: :up:

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#67 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Laugh if you will, but I have a friend named "Richard Acock". In fact, he hosts a radio program here in Tulsa.
  • dubya likes this
Posted Image

You can buy a lot of Form 1's for the price of a basic criminal defense. Roughly one or two tax stamps per hour for a competent criminal defense lawyer.

#68 Gaddis

Gaddis

Squeeze my lemon 'till the juice runs down my leg

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, I think I'd change the name to AKareOK myself. :unsure:

Or at least put an "S" in it (AKSOK).

Used to know a guy by the name of Harry Root. :eek:

I told him he should use the first name of Harold or Hal instead, but he used to like it when people (especially chicks) used to catch on. :lol:

"Right On, Vas"

#69 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

Mine came from video game handles I play Socom online and I took this name years ago and it just stuck everyone knows me by this name.
Always Open....big.daddy@budweiser.com

Posted Image

#70 Thumbhole

Thumbhole

Weapons Grade Stupid

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:18 AM

Well, bigj is my nickname (first name is johnny) and 480 is for the voltage I commonly work with, I'm a Union electrician down here in Tejas. I'm shocked :) that there is another union electrician on here, but in NY everybody is Union.
  • Jeaux E likes this
The preceding post is a work of fiction.

#71 shotgun_lobotomy

shotgun_lobotomy

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

self explanatory, started use'n it years ago dalnet and liked it
Posted Image
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in their government."
-- Thomas Jefferson

#72 Jeaux E

Jeaux E

CITIZEN

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

.......I lived in south Louisiana for a number of years, and was adopted into that particular culture by the local New Orleans 'yats I was fortunate enough to meet ! Worked and played with a lot of Cajun (Acadian) crazies all over south LA. for years..........."Jeaux" is the south Louisiana version of "Joe", and "E" is my last name initial. (Lived in Wisconsin and worked in Chicago for many years after that, but the folks up there heard the southern accent and automatically deducted about 30 I.Q. points from me.......fortunately, they CAN be educated to the contrary....) (Who's the ones that are ignorant?? Look at their gun laws in Illinois & Wisconsin........... Jeez.........)
I now live back in Arkansas, seen described in this forum as the "armpit of america", which I really won't argue........... but at least we also have the right to legally hang large caliber handguns under our armpits.
Also, I'm close enough to Tony's shop to drive over and place my order in person......Good enough for me !!!
Great forum !!! I'm learning a lot!!
Posted Image
The Number One Name in Saiga Conversion

.........Time flies whether you're having fun or not, so let the good times roll !!!!

"Life is much more pleasant if you don't sweat the small shit." -Tony
"Yes, this is a complete goat fuck." -Tony

#73 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:28 PM

JeauxE, are you coming to the machine gun shoot next weekend?

Tony and I will be there.
Posted Image

#74 Jeaux E

Jeaux E

CITIZEN

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

Yes, I'm planning on coming to the shoot !! ......... Tony told me about it last weekend, and I looked up all the maps, etc., as soon as I got back to Little Rock ! I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of items I saw at Tony's shop, and now meeting another member on this forum as well ! (I say FUCK DisneyWorld.....I've been to Tony's shop......)
I'll see you both on Saturday!!

And, if I can drop in a little plug here for anyone/everyone who may read this.......TROMIX conversions are some truly top-notch work, folks. No playing around here. .......and a great guy to do business with, as well. (Preaching to the choir, on THIS thread.......)

Attached Files

Edited by Jeaux E, 02 September 2006 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

.........Time flies whether you're having fun or not, so let the good times roll !!!!

#75 Jeaux E

Jeaux E

CITIZEN

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

Yes, I'm planning on coming to the shoot !! ......... Tony told me about it last weekend, and I looked up all the maps, etc., as soon as I got back to Little Rock ! I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of items I saw at Tony's shop, and now meeting another member on this forum as well ! (I say FUCK DisneyWorld.....I've been to Tony's shop......)
I'll see you both on Saturday!!
(....the file is courtesy of some acquaintances who work on the Tomahawk platform for Raytheon.......)
Posted Image

#76 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:31 AM

Cool, I'll see you there.

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested in going...JB Trading Co.

Edited by BobAsh, 03 September 2006 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#77 RangerM9

RangerM9

Resident pain in the ass

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

Ranger i adopted from being a Babylon 5 fan, really like the idea of the Rangers in that show, Marcus in particular being one of the best characters who died way too soon....the M9 is from the Steyr M9 I own....started out on gun forums looking for M9 info...so took that moniker and ran with it.

#78 PsychoticReaction

PsychoticReaction

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

PSYCHOTIC REACTION was a one hit wonder song from '67, and became the name of two consecutive guntrucks used in Vietnam. I turned my deuce-and-a-half into a replica of the first one from 1968. Did it almost entirely myself and she was a beauty. Had to sell it a few years back, but she's still making it to shows with the new owner. His site is http://www.vietnamguntruck.com/ but all the pics of it were when I owned it. Oh yeah, I'm also given to the occasional psychotic (though mainly neurotic) reaction.
Jeff
'If we do not change our direction we are likely to end up where we are headed.'

Get the US out of the UN
Get the UN out of the US

#79 studmuff1228

studmuff1228

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

I think people can figure out my name, it has been my aol name for 6 years or so and i like to keep things the same so this is ny name on aol and on most other places as well but 12-28 is my birthday 3 days after x-mas yeeeehaaaa

#80 Cobra's Custom LLC

Cobra's Custom LLC

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,680 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Cobra's Custom LLC

• Company Website:
    www.cobras-custom.com

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

PSYCHOTIC REACTION was a one hit wonder song from '67, and became the name of two consecutive guntrucks used in Vietnam. I turned my deuce-and-a-half into a replica of the first one from 1968. Did it almost entirely myself and she was a beauty. Had to sell it a few years back, but she's still making it to shows with the new owner. His site is http://www.vietnamguntruck.com/ but all the pics of it were when I owned it. Oh yeah, I'm also given to the occasional psychotic (though mainly neurotic) reaction.

That was also the name of a song by an 80's metal band called Trouble. :super:

Their first album was pretty much a one hit wonder too.
Posted Image

- Bolt & Carrier Mods and Polishing > http://www.Cobras-Custom.com <
Details on Cobra's Custom ReliabilitySystem >> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90388-new-ak-saiga-vepr-bolt-and-trigger-service-no-extra-waiting/
Our Sub Forum - COBRA'S CUSTOM LLC
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME!

#81 G O B

G O B

Grumpy Old Bastard

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,798 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

Played the hell out of that record.

Freelance Philosopher and Professor Emeritus, School of Hard Knocks and Sharp Blows to the Head

Be yourself, for if you are NOT yourself, then who the hell are you?

"so is the soap they use to brainwash you environmentally safe?" (Bucky Katt)

#82 headshot

headshot

Sumnabitch

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

The first time I ever shot a firearm was at Boy Scout camp when I was 11. I signed up for the rifle and shotgun merit badge, and when I loaded the first round into the bolt action .22, a rabbit ran across the range. I was shooting prone from a wooded rest, and before the rangemaster could say "ceasefire" I nailed the rabbit in the head from 50 feet. First shot I ever shot. The instructers yelled at me, but were impressed because I never shot before.

Afterwards, my fellow scouts called me "headshot" to tease me. I didn't mind. It was like a "merit badge" of honor.

#83 scoutjoe

scoutjoe

The village idiot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

The first time I ever shot a firearm was at Boy Scout camp when I was 11. I signed up for the rifle and shotgun merit badge, and when I loaded the first round into the bolt action .22, a rabbit ran across the range. I was shooting prone from a wooded rest, and before the rangemaster could say "ceasefire" I nailed the rabbit in the head from 50 feet. First shot I ever shot. The instructers yelled at me, but were impressed because I never shot before.

Afterwards, my fellow scouts called me "headshot" to tease me. I didn't mind. It was like a "merit badge" of honor.

Dang you mean the .22s at your camp shot straight? Last year I went up as a leader and cleaned the guns because I felt bad for them, about half a bottle of Hoppes 9 later they were respectable.
"Additionally, I refuse to date a girl if she doesn't know how to proficiently load, unload, and operate any of my weapons"~AegisDei

"Tony has a credibility in the gun industry that bullshit cannot tarnish"~BobAsh

From the Skippy List
87. If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Gun owner in PA? You need to check this out http://www.pafoa.org/

#84 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

Dang you mean the .22s at your camp shot straight?

ROFL... maybe thats the ONLY REASON he was able to hit it??? He DIDNT AIM AT IT!!! LOL

Just bustin ya, Headshot...

Whether it was luck, or skill makes no difference... YOU STILL DID IT!

And that moment will stick with you for the rest of your life as something truly amazing! :up: :up:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#85 emr454

emr454

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

Well, EMR are my initials, and I've always been a fan of big, heavy, gas-guzzlin' pickups so there ya have it! The 454 big block Chevy! Or it could be the .454 Cassul round. I saw a lever gun in that caliber years ago and I wanted it soooo badly, but the $450 price tag kept it away from me. Haven't seen one since.

Eric

Edited by emr454, 12 September 2006 - 12:39 PM.

When the hammer drops, the BS stops.

MOLON LABE!

#86 studmuff1228

studmuff1228

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:12 PM

the first time my girlfriend shot a gun i told her how the sights work and as a joke i pointed to a bird about 15-20 yards away and said "there hunny shoot that" ...so she shot it. we still laugh about it

#87 bamaboy

bamaboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

Duh

#88 BobAsh

BobAsh

Memento Mori

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

'bama fruit pies?
Posted Image

#89 Tokageko

Tokageko

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

Mine is broken japanese. Tokage (or some similarly spelled word) means "lizard". Lizards are some of my favorite creatures on earth. The ending "-ko" indicates a diminuitive form of the word it is attached to, and adds a feminine connotation (much like the ending "-ette"). So very litterally it is "little (female) lizard".

So, to sum up: I lizards are my favorite animals. "Little" is for the sake of humility. The female nature of the diminuitive is for the fact that I'm a male-to-female transexual.

Lately people on the net have been shortening it to "Toka", which means "tenth day of the month" in Japanese. I don't mind. The kanji are a lot easier for Toka. I've also tried to keep this name as many places as possible, so if you see it elsewhere, it's probably me.

Edited by Tokageko, 17 September 2006 - 03:27 PM.

6"x6"x6' Lumber of the Beast

Tokageko

#90 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

And here all along I thought it was just a shortened "Tokay Gecko".... I guess I was CLOSE...

pic of tokay gecko...

Attached File  gecko.jpg   3.19KB   2 downloads

I had one when I was a kid... they told me not to scare it... as it would die... Well, I was holding it one day and somone came to the front door... the dog started barking loudly... and the lil critter flattened out in my hand... DEAD... I was pretty suprised... hurt... and pissed... It was like WTF??!?!!?!?!??

~ Thomas Jefferson

Jeremy Taylor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users