• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

Mine is the result of a sarcastic joke really. I was talking with a friend over the internet and worrying out loud to her about being too strick with my kids. I take being a good father seriously, and I was concerned that I might make my kids hate me by punishing them. She jokingly said, "Oh yeah...you're really a Badddd man...lol. And so, Badman was born. Since I was 40 at the time, I tried badman40. Someone else already had that screen name, so I added a zero. I use this handle on all the forums and have for years. Boring, huh? :smoke:

Heres another simple one RU abbrev. of Russia well I guess "shooter" is kinda self explaining! Started shooting Russian weapons about 5 yrs ago starting with WWI and WW2 stuff ,now I have melded into collecting and shooting everything Russian. Had this same screen name for about 5 yrs on different Forums.

RU.

Yeah, I think I'd change the name to AKareOK myself. :unsure:

Or at least put an "S" in it (AKSOK).

Used to know a guy by the name of Harry Root. :eek:

I told him he should use the first name of Harold or Hal instead, but he used to like it when people (especially chicks) used to catch on. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, bigj is my nickname (first name is johnny) and 480 is for the voltage I commonly work with, I'm a Union electrician down here in Tejas. I'm shocked :) that there is another union electrician on here, but in NY everybody is Union.

• Like 1

.......I lived in south Louisiana for a number of years, and was adopted into that particular culture by the local New Orleans 'yats I was fortunate enough to meet ! Worked and played with a lot of Cajun (Acadian) crazies all over south LA. for years..........."Jeaux" is the south Louisiana version of "Joe", and "E" is my last name initial. (Lived in Wisconsin and worked in Chicago for many years after that, but the folks up there heard the southern accent and automatically deducted about 30 I.Q. points from me.......fortunately, they CAN be educated to the contrary....) (Who's the ones that are ignorant?? Look at their gun laws in Illinois & Wisconsin........... Jeez.........)

I now live back in Arkansas, seen described in this forum as the "armpit of america", which I really won't argue........... but at least we also have the right to legally hang large caliber handguns under our armpits.

Also, I'm close enough to Tony's shop to drive over and place my order in person......Good enough for me !!!

Great forum !!! I'm learning a lot!!

JeauxE, are you coming to the machine gun shoot next weekend?

Tony and I will be there.

Yes, I'm planning on coming to the shoot !! ......... Tony told me about it last weekend, and I looked up all the maps, etc., as soon as I got back to Little Rock ! I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of items I saw at Tony's shop, and now meeting another member on this forum as well ! (I say FUCK DisneyWorld.....I've been to Tony's shop......)

I'll see you both on Saturday!!

And, if I can drop in a little plug here for anyone/everyone who may read this.......TROMIX conversions are some truly top-notch work, folks. No playing around here. .......and a great guy to do business with, as well. (Preaching to the choir, on THIS thread.......)

RAYTHEON.bmp

Edited by Jeaux E
JeauxE, are you coming to the machine gun shoot next weekend?

Tony and I will be there.

Yes, I'm planning on coming to the shoot !! ......... Tony told me about it last weekend, and I looked up all the maps, etc., as soon as I got back to Little Rock ! I'm really looking forward to trying out a couple of items I saw at Tony's shop, and now meeting another member on this forum as well ! (I say FUCK DisneyWorld.....I've been to Tony's shop......)

I'll see you both on Saturday!!

(....the file is courtesy of some acquaintances who work on the Tomahawk platform for Raytheon.......)

Ranger i adopted from being a Babylon 5 fan, really like the idea of the Rangers in that show, Marcus in particular being one of the best characters who died way too soon....the M9 is from the Steyr M9 I own....started out on gun forums looking for M9 info...so took that moniker and ran with it.

PSYCHOTIC REACTION was a one hit wonder song from '67, and became the name of two consecutive guntrucks used in Vietnam. I turned my deuce-and-a-half into a replica of the first one from 1968. Did it almost entirely myself and she was a beauty. Had to sell it a few years back, but she's still making it to shows with the new owner. His site is http://www.vietnamguntruck.com/ but all the pics of it were when I owned it. Oh yeah, I'm also given to the occasional psychotic (though mainly neurotic) reaction.

PSYCHOTIC REACTION was a one hit wonder song from '67, and became the name of two consecutive guntrucks used in Vietnam. I turned my deuce-and-a-half into a replica of the first one from 1968. Did it almost entirely myself and she was a beauty. Had to sell it a few years back, but she's still making it to shows with the new owner. His site is http://www.vietnamguntruck.com/ but all the pics of it were when I owned it. Oh yeah, I'm also given to the occasional psychotic (though mainly neurotic) reaction.

That was also the name of a song by an 80's metal band called Trouble. :super:

Their first album was pretty much a one hit wonder too.

The first time I ever shot a firearm was at Boy Scout camp when I was 11. I signed up for the rifle and shotgun merit badge, and when I loaded the first round into the bolt action .22, a rabbit ran across the range. I was shooting prone from a wooded rest, and before the rangemaster could say "ceasefire" I nailed the rabbit in the head from 50 feet. First shot I ever shot. The instructers yelled at me, but were impressed because I never shot before.

Afterwards, my fellow scouts called me "headshot" to tease me. I didn't mind. It was like a "merit badge" of honor.

The first time I ever shot a firearm was at Boy Scout camp when I was 11. I signed up for the rifle and shotgun merit badge, and when I loaded the first round into the bolt action .22, a rabbit ran across the range. I was shooting prone from a wooded rest, and before the rangemaster could say "ceasefire" I nailed the rabbit in the head from 50 feet. First shot I ever shot. The instructers yelled at me, but were impressed because I never shot before.

Afterwards, my fellow scouts called me "headshot" to tease me. I didn't mind. It was like a "merit badge" of honor.

Dang you mean the .22s at your camp shot straight? Last year I went up as a leader and cleaned the guns because I felt bad for them, about half a bottle of Hoppes 9 later they were respectable.

Dang you mean the .22s at your camp shot straight?

ROFL... maybe thats the ONLY REASON he was able to hit it??? He DIDNT AIM AT IT!!! LOL

Just bustin ya, Headshot...

Whether it was luck, or skill makes no difference... YOU STILL DID IT!

And that moment will stick with you for the rest of your life as something truly amazing! :up: :up:

:smoke:

Well, EMR are my initials, and I've always been a fan of big, heavy, gas-guzzlin' pickups so there ya have it! The 454 big block Chevy! Or it could be the .454 Cassul round. I saw a lever gun in that caliber years ago and I wanted it soooo badly, but the $450 price tag kept it away from me. Haven't seen one since.

Eric

Edited by emr454

Mine is broken japanese. Tokage (or some similarly spelled word) means "lizard". Lizards are some of my favorite creatures on earth. The ending "-ko" indicates a diminuitive form of the word it is attached to, and adds a feminine connotation (much like the ending "-ette"). So very litterally it is "little (female) lizard".

So, to sum up: I lizards are my favorite animals. "Little" is for the sake of humility. The female nature of the diminuitive is for the fact that I'm a male-to-female transexual.

Lately people on the net have been shortening it to "Toka", which means "tenth day of the month" in Japanese. I don't mind. The kanji are a lot easier for Toka. I've also tried to keep this name as many places as possible, so if you see it elsewhere, it's probably me.

Edited by Tokageko

And here all along I thought it was just a shortened "Tokay Gecko".... I guess I was CLOSE...

pic of tokay gecko...

gecko.jpg

I had one when I was a kid... they told me not to scare it... as it would die... Well, I was holding it one day and somone came to the front door... the dog started barking loudly... and the lil critter flattened out in my hand... DEAD... I was pretty suprised... hurt... and pissed... It was like WTF??!?!!?!?!??

:smoke: