I'm the wife of someone on this board and I like (most) things tactical.

Fess up. Who is it? I'm going to assume "Tacticool".

Is 'Tacticool' the screen name of some else on here? Yikes I didn't know that! Maybe I should change mine. I thought I was being so clever, HA! Shows what I know. I guess it goes to say, I'm not his wife.

Suuuuure :haha: now you're trying not to claim him :lolol:

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

Is 'Tacticool' the screen name of some else on here? Yikes I didn't know that! Maybe I should change mine. I thought I was being so clever, HA! Shows what I know. I guess it goes to say, I'm not his wife.

Yes, we have a guy named "Tacticool" here, and whether you like it or not, you're now his wife. Congrats! :lol:

So you're really not going to fess up as to who you control are married to here? Maybe we need to start a game. We'll all guess who it is.

Yes, we have a guy named "Tacticool" here, and whether you like it or not, you're now his wife. Congrats! :lol:

So you're really not going to fess up as to who you control are married to here? Maybe we need to start a game. We'll all guess who it is.

My husband posts enough on here and I've dropped a few clues as to who he is... in due time I supposse it will be fiqured out! :P It would also be fair to say that not even HE knows I have joined this board! (Hope he doesn't mind!) I wonder if he'll read my posts and 'know' the poster is his hot babe of a wife cooking him dinner at that very moment!

I have to confess though, I really don't know very much about guns except that I like to shoot them! Is that enough to be a participating member on here? The more I talk to my husband and the more I shoot, the more I learn about it and love it. So, I'm in no way a gun expert.... just a wife who likes her spouses hobby enough to usurp it and make it my own :devil:

I see who the happy couple is, but then again I can look up IP addresses. Ain't tellin' though.

I see who the happy couple is, but then again I have special tools. Ain't tellin' though.

Hey Doc...lol...stop stutterin... :haha:

I know who it is too (I think).

Do you have blonde hair and some cool black tacticool accessories like a vest, some cool goggles, and holsters & stuff? :ph34r:

I won't tell.....

BTW....WELCOME! My G/F is on here all the time. It's nice to know there are others here with cool gals that support them and their interests, and genuinely enjoy shooting!

You ROCK!

:super:

I think I have a clue who our mystery gal is. :)

My wife isn't a member here yet, but she is obviously very supportive since she is a NRA certified trainer that specializes on women and CCW. And got us a 50bmg for my b'day. Maybe she'll check it out in her spare time. I'm sure she'd get along even though gunsmithing isn't her passion.

My wife isn't a member here yet, but she is obviously very supportive since she is a NRA certified trainer that specializes on women and CCW. And got us a 50bmg for my b'day. Maybe she'll check it out in her spare time. I'm sure she'd get along even though gunsmithing isn't her passion.

Man, you guys are observant! By the time my husband gets back from his business trip and gets on here, I'll be a regular! Yes, I do have blond hair and a very cool dog!

Chevyman, your wife is an NRA trainer? That's something to brag about, I think that's very cool! How did she get into that? Has she done it for a long time?

Edited by Tacti'cool'Wife

Man, you guys are observant! By the time my hus most band gets back from his business trip and gets on here, I'll be a regular! Yes, I do have blond hair and a very cool dog!

Chevyman, your wife is an NRA trainer? That's something to brag about, I think that's very cool! How did she get into that? Has she done it for a long time?

She's new to training, but not new to firearms. She got her CCW WAY long ago. She's a really great shot and saw a need based on requests from other women who were interested in firearms, but were nervous that all trainers were former Drill Instructors straight off full metal jacket. LOL

It's been my observation that women, or at least most we have dealt with have a natural abilty to hit the target. Some have some nasty stances at first, but somehow shoot better than most men that are at the same experience level. One lady had a serious tendancy to lean way backwards, but still somehow held a group the size of a soup can at 15 yards.

I just created an account on here today, so i guess I'll bite! My name seems pretty self explanitory (to me anyway), I'm the wife of someone on this board and I like (most) things tactical. We have 5 shotguns, two of which are Saigas...

Having a spouse who likes the things you like must be pretty cool. Most of they guys who read your post wre probably alternating between saying "I wish My wife was like that, and thinking up insults about the word tacticool. There is a bunch of anti tacticool stodginess here, some for a good reason, and some just to be cranky.

The what do you guys do for the situation most of the people here have? They want to buy every cool toy and their wives get to be the boring responsible one and say, no more guns untill we can buy diapers... You guys must be the brokest ever!

Edited by GunFun

I enjoy shooting and having a wife that's into my hobbies. I'm not sure how many of the forum's members are women, but judging by avatars, there are a lot of members with female avatars! At some point, Tacticool wife will update her profile and then the truth will come out. I hope I don't have to clean up my act, stop cussing, and put the S12 forum seat down...

I just created an account on here today, so i guess I'll bite! My name seems pretty self explanitory (to me anyway), I'm the wife of someone on this board and I like (most) things tactical. We have 5 shotguns, two of which are Saigas...

Having a spouse who likes the things you like must be pretty cool. Most of they guys who read your post wre probably alternating between saying "I wish My wife was like that, and thinking up insults about the word tacticool. There is a bunch of anti tacticool stodginess here, some for a good reason, and some just to be cranky.

What do you guys do for the situation most of the people here have? They want to buy every cool toy and their wives get to be the boring responsible one and say, no more guns untill we can buy diapers... You guys must be the brokest ever!

ROFL! Then it's a good thing our two kids are out of the diaper stage!

Edited by Tacti'cool'Wife

It might be me and my wife... but we have 4 shotguns and 1 Egyptian AK... 2nd AK will come online when our budget clears up. But, I hear you about the wife putting the skids on gun purchases. It hasn't happened with us yet, but it's funny how many gun stores have policies aimed at that very point. First FFL I did, the shop owner was all, "It's your responsibility to track shipping. Once it gets here, we are not going to call you and explain to your significant other that you bought another gun. You track it, you come in and pick it up. If it sits here in the store for more than 30 days, the store will own it and put it up for sale."

• 3 weeks later...
2336 is the Marine Corps MOS code for Explosive Ordnance Disposal. Spent 7 1/2 years in the Infantry, 12 1/2 in EOD. Now I'm just an old retired fart! LOL!!!

Thank you for your service. Takes considerable cojones.

I use the same screen name on all the "gun" forums I frequent.

TheDarkHorse is actually what I call my bike (see my avatar). With the dark paint scheme and it being my "steel horse", well you get the picture....

My nickname is actually Cisco, a nickname given to me by my good friend about 25 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, the RED Caddy screen name comes from my other long standing passion, Drag Racing.

My current ride is a 225 inch W/base, rear engine dragster (RED) powered by a 500 cuin. Cadillac engine (caddy) It's a bracket car and runs mid 9's at 150 MPH. I race NHRA and IHRA All over the South East. Pro sportsman, Super pro, 9.90 index heads up and Quick 8 Shootouts. (if it pays, I'm in it,LOL) My home track is Bradenton Motorsports Park, NHRA Division 2, South West Florida.

Years ago, I posted as "Palma" on some Gun sites, reflecting My passion, at the time, for high power, long range (1000 Yd) competition. Age and the Itus brothers, (aurther and burse) have pretty much taken me out of that game,(only the resident old farts will understand that one) so now I whack hogs and such for the local farmers and sod growers, while I can still see 'em. RED

I use the screen name "Squawker" and the parrot avatar,because I'm a Parrot Head, otherwise known as a die hard Jimmy Buffett fan. We also own a conyer, which is a parrot like bird, only smaller than a Macaw. We just lost one that we dearly loved to a respiratory illness, and we're trying to break in a new conyer.

I'm Rusty Truck because I drive a rusty old truck. Finally got ride of my 1990 nissan pick up not too long ago :cryss: Bought it in high school for a couple hundred dollors and drove it till the body way literally falling of it. Now I have a red 1988 f-250 7.3L diesel that scares small children when I start it. :lolol:

I'll probably always drive and old rust bucket truck and that's fine with me.

My SN originated on bladefourms.com when I was 15. I was (and am, to a lesser degree) very much into medieval weaponry, and since I'm Italian and the stiletto is an Italian weapon, I figured it fit. I'm sure I could come up with something more ninja-riffic and certainly more anonymous, but after 12 years of use, I'm not going to change it.

Given my "crotalid" personality and Texas heritage, a young lady I once loved and a prof who used to be a fighter-pilot jointly nicknamed me after the biggest and heaviest of Texas rattlers.

So now you know the new guy's story... ended up here because of having read MHI and am now looking for ideas and parts sources to build a non-NFA'ed "Abomination" of my own.