• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

I was in a civl war group as a missouri reb years ago the unit was formed in 1861 30 miles from my home.Thirs a lot of history in the ozarks and I was proud and greatfull to be apart of liveing history to those that came before me in a war that tore my state apart. The photo is from vicksburg miss,the only one for both sides.They were shooting at each other from trenches 200yds apart.

post-22158-12631590789394_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mine simply means I'm addicted to cheap small game hunting. So much so that I spend far more on cheap gear than if I had just bought one high dollar rig and ammo to do the same, somewhat counterproductive, but for some reason I like doing it. I would rather spend 16 cents per squeeze on the squirrelies and miss twice to the 40 cent singe hit... even if you reload 223 (like I do) it costs 18 cents in primer/powder/projectile no matter how cheap you are (and good luck getting primers right now). I started with an ssg-82 and fell in love with it, a custom 20 inch barreled AR-15 varminter in 545 will be here in less than a month and the saiga came in yesterday, and I have high hopes for it's performance. I have been shunning all other calibers since mid last season and I have been bagging more critters than ever... I just keep pulling the trigger till I get the job done, more fun too, and I don't have to baby the bolt and catch the brass anymore either! Life is much better with 545. I'm one of those weirdos that sticks a 1500 dollar Luepold on a 400 dollar rifle and laughs his fool head off letting the steel penetrators fly! Besides, I'm fairly certain all squirrels are terrorist agents anyway, the latest cell chatter pretty much proves it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First post after 5 years of daily lurking, my name is Jace and the wifes name is LuEllen hence jalu.

I've had two NIB unfired Saiga 12's in the back of the gun safe for a couple of years and have finally decided to convert them. :killer:

Fantastic web site you boys have here, and I became a contributor when I decided to bring the two 12's out and get started on them. :up:

first off, hi everyone. new to this forums but not weapons...my screen name comes from one of my ancestors Haujo or Hopoie Haujo a Creek Native American from my Mothers side of the family..great combo I have..Creek, Choctaw, and Scot..temper...what temper ;) ..glad to be here..looking to get my hands on a .308 21" for conversion in the next month or so....I was leaning towards a PSL but I am going to begin to reload so I figured..why not go for the .308

first off, hi everyone. new to this forums but not weapons...my screen name comes from one of my ancestors Haujo or Hopoie Haujo a Creek Native American from my Mothers side of the family..great combo I have..Creek, Choctaw, and Scot..temper...what temper ;) ..glad to be here..looking to get my hands on a .308 21" for conversion in the next month or so....I was leaning towards a PSL but I am going to begin to reload so I figured..why not go for the .308

Welcome to the forum!

Dussandr, my screen name, comes from one of my favorite stories, 'Apt Pupil', by Stephen King. In it, a boy, Todd Bowden, discovers that an old man living in his small town is a former Nazi camp commander, named Kurt Dussander. The boy blackmails the old man into telling him all about the camps, and he has the old man under his thumb, till he realizes the old man has a hold on him too....

I just got my Fedex shipment of ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt. I placed this order at 2:30 pm Thursday Mar 25, and here at 2:00 pm on Mar 26, I have my ammo in my hands. Awesome service, and I only paid for regular ground shipping! It helps that I am in Texas, as is CTD, but still, that was less than 24 hours ago.

As I browse the forum, I can't help noticing the creative screennames...some are obvious (like mine for instance, my actual name), but others, not so much.

So, what does yours mean?

Haifisch is German for Shark, and is also the name of a song by the baddest band on earth, RAMMSTEIN!

While I'm not German, but descended from a Scottish Highland Clan with Celtic origins, I did have ancestors in this country who spoke German.

WIR HALTEN ZUSAMMEN.......We hold together

WIR HALTEN MITEINANDER....We put up with each other

WIR HALTEN ZUEINANDER.....We stick together

NIEMAND HALT UNS AUF......No one will slow us down

• 2 weeks later...

Hawk ICS is a boiler management system I work with a lot and love! Yeah, I know I'm a dork, but that's just how I roll :rolleyes:. It makes my life in the boiler room much easier and more productive. And let's just admit it, wouldn't you like a 13" color touch screen to run just about anything? Shit, I'd throw one on the dishwasher if I could afford it. I'm sure my old lady could write some great logic and make some hilarious graphics for that application!

post-24101-12716473436477_thumb.jpg

Me at a central plant in downtown Houston.

post-24101-12716477622853_thumb.jpg

This is a "remote" install of same system as above with variable speed drive (lower compartment) for the blower.

post-24101-12716480144935_thumb.jpg

Screen shot while commissioning the system. Good times!

Edited by hawk-ics

6490 was the original address of my shop, Storm. The city guys were a pain in the ass with the sign ordinances, so I put up a huge 6490 sign on the building so our firefighters could find it. They offered to get me set up with a sign smaller than the address, so I just kept it up. All the cards, stickers and accounts said STORM6490 on them. You will find storm stickers all over the world at ski resorts. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...