UPDATED PRODUCT INFORMATION (10-23-06)

Here it is folks, the Last Round Bolt Hold Open for the Saiga 12 gauge. (other models coming soon)

LRBHO_Demo.mpeg

(Alternative Link to the demo video. - right click and "Save Target As")

LRBHO_Instructions.pdf

(Alternative Link to the Instructions PDF File - right click and "Save Target As")

Link to the Q&A thread.

The kit includes enough tabs to mod 5 mags. (Extra tabs are available, of course).

UPDATE: Kits now come with Stainless Steel follower tabs. These are much more durable than the plastic ones. This will also mean that the price for extras will go up. For those of you who have already ordered from me and want to upgrade your tabs, PM me and we'll get you sorted.

ALSO, if you have a manual BHO from Warfield Armory, you need to let me know when ordering. I'll need to include some spacers for the hammer sleeve.

Price is $79 shipped (CONUS).

Extra tabs are $0.50 each.

Please PM or email me for payment details.

Thanks!

Jeric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeric,

A few days ago I have sent you e-mail asking about price including shipment to Poland and details how to pay for the set.

Have you got my e-mail?

I would like to order ASAP because I plan to make some modifications to my Saiga 12K in December and it would be nice to make all at the same time.

Best Regards,

Jurek

Jeric,do you still recommend the same glue ( Rubber Impregnated CA Glue) for the stainless tabs?

ps....Whats CA stand for,in case i have to ask a clerk?

CA stands for cyanoacrilate(sp?). Its a common glue used in model aeronautics and the like.

Jeric,do you still recommend the same glue ( Rubber Impregnated CA Glue) for the stainless tabs?

CA stands for cyanoacrilate(sp?). Its a common glue used in model aeronautics and the like.

Yep, that right. I would still recommend it, especially Loctite 4211(item # 19761). That's what I've been using with good results. Your local hobby store is more likely to have a generic brand of rubber CA, that's fine too. Remember to rough up and clean the follower before gluing, use a little degreaser and then some 80 grit, your bond should then be very good. Even using CA glue, clamping is still a good idea. Use a little vice grip or small c-clamp to really press them together.

J

Yep, that right. I would still recommend it, especially Loctite 4211(item # 19761). That's what I've been using with good results. Your local hobby store is more likely to have a generic brand of rubber CA, that's fine too. Remember to rough up and clean the follower before gluing, use a little degreaser and then some 80 grit, your bond should then be very good. Even using CA glue, clamping is still a good idea. Use a little vice grip or small c-clamp to really press them together.

J

Just be careful with it, because it is essentially superglue. I remember having to cut my dads fingers off of a surface that he glued them to. Doesn't mean it cant be debonded, but you'll feel mighty foolish if you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Great product! I was leary of cutting the 8rd mags :eek: So i tested just one first and after around 15 mag changes everything worked great without problems, so i went ahead and did the other two.Its super sweet for quik mag changes, The tens are next :super:

Great product! I was leary of cutting the 8rd mags :eek: So i tested just one first and after around 15 mag changes everything worked great without problems, so i went ahead and did the other two.Its super sweet for quik mag changes, The tens are next :super:

I just got my 10-rounders last night. I'm going to have a busy weekend with two S-12 LRBHO installs and about 20 mags to mod. Life is good!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think part of the conversion is to add a metal strip to a notched mag (therefore modified) ....so that when the follower gets to the top, it hits the bar and thus engages the device.

But I think the good part is that you can use those modified mags in a gun that doesnt have one (nothing for it to engage)

I'm probably going to get a LRBHO on my 2nd base model S12 sooner or later...or when I send it off to Tony (Tromix).

~S

I'm probably going to get a LRBHO on my 2nd base model S12 sooner or later...or when I send it off to Tony (Tromix).

~S

When I set up my S-20 order with Tony Rumore, I inquired about putting a LRBHO modification on my TROMIX gun.... and Tony informed me that to date (and this was back in early January of this year), he wasn't satisfied with the durability of these aftermarket LRBHOs available out there (no offense intended to Jeric's product)... although he did imply that, "if you want it on your gun; if you order the parts and provide them to me, I'll put them on." But it was clear to me that he wouldn't whatsoever guarantee that any LRBHO sent to him would hold up to use; meet his standards. Naturally, Tony is damned adament about standing behind his work... but also of course, he strives to please his customers (sometimes a double-edged sword, were you to ask me). Anyway, the point being is that I ordered one of his BHO devices, since he would indeed fully stand behind that mod product. I mention all this for your consideration.

Heck, for all I know as of today (just a few month later) there are one or more aftermarket LRBHO devices that have finally been fully perfected, and which Tony might endorse. It's not my desire to rain on anyone's parade (I REALLY wanted one of these on my gun as well!).

Just wanted to share my limited experience via inquiry with Tony, to you.

~Gary

• 8 months later...