Saiga-1 308 Scope?

I just purchased a Saiga 308 and it has a scope and mount with it. The scope is lettered POCCNN (the n's are backwards). The numbers N8707 are also on the scope. What power is the scope and how do you make adjustments to it ?Any help is appreciated.

I just purchased a Saiga 308 and it has a scope and mount with it. The scope is lettered POCCNN (the n's are backwards). The numbers N8707 are also on the scope. What power is the scope and how do you make adjustments to it ?Any help is appreciated.

POCCNN (with backwards N's) means russia, probably the country of manufacture.

i dont know any n8707's can you post a pic of the scope? that might help.

Basic commercial Russian scope. Looks to be a fixed power - 8x?

Before you do anything, loosen the rings and rotate your scope to the right, so that the knobs are on top and to the right. The scope is on crooked right now. This will put the elevation knob on top and the windage knob on the right (as you hold the rifle ready to shoot).

Sight the scope in by shooting at a known distance and adjusting the elevation and windage knobs until zero'ed. Then, loosen the little screws on top of the adjustment knobs and while holding the drum still (lower level/base of the knob) rotate the top until it lines up with the meterage you've zero'ed at - 100 meters would be "1" on the elevation. The windage knob should be adjusted to "0". You will now have it ready to use and it should be close to being "on" when dialed to the distance you're shooting - 2 for 200 meters, 3 for 300, etc. If you run out of adjustment range while zeroing, loosen the little screws and move the top of the knob to allow for more range.

I think you will find your scope to be very durable and to work well for you. Enjoy!

Edited by O.S.O.K.

Before you do anything, loosen the rings and rotate your scope to the right, so that the knobs are on top and to the right. The scope is on crooked right now. This will put the elevation knob on top and the windage knob on the right (as you hold the rifle ready to shoot).

Sight the scope in by shooting at a known distance and adjusting the elevation and windage knobs until zero'ed. Then, loosen the little screws on top of the adjustment knobs and while holding the drum still (lower level/base of the knob) rotate the top until it lines up with the meterage you've zero'ed at - 100 meters would be "1" on the elevation. The windage knob should be adjusted to "0". You will now have it ready to use and it should be close to being "on" when dialed to the distance you're shooting - 2 for 200 meters, 3 for 300, etc. If you run out of adjustment range while zeroing, loosen the little screws and move the top of the knob to allow for more range.

I think you will find your scope to be very durable and to work well for you. Enjoy!

If I rotate the scope the numbers on the ranging reticle will be sidewards! I t appears to be in the correct position now. Cheverons are pointing up and numbers (1,3,7,11) are in the correct alignment.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...