I'm a few weeks away from getting my .308 from FBMG.

I'd like to hear you all's opinion on what is the best ammo mfrs for:

(a) practice/range (good results, but will not make me mortgage the house to shoot often)

(b)hunting (the best ammo for the best results)

Thanks!

(a) practice/range (good results, but will not make me mortgage the house to shoot often)

Thanks!

The South African battlepack ammo is good for practice. What sucks is that it used to be 25 bucks for 140 rounds, but now its about 35 at the cheapest.

I don't know shit about hunting rounds, but I hear Black Hills has some kick ass .308 rounds.

I have seen Wolf brand advertised at 149.00 per thousand. May order some to try. Never shot any of it but all the other other Wolf ammo is OK informal shooting. You can't reload 308 for the that price.

WTF?

Brass-cased or shitty laquered-steel cased?

Link?????

What are you planning to hunt for out there in AZ. ? If its just deer , Rem. ,Win. , Federal , Hornady, ect. with a 150 gr bullet will do fine . atleast thats what I use here in SW Pa. never had a problem If its Elk? 165-180 gr,ers same for black bear...........RU

I would be hunting deer , so the 150 gr by Rem/Win/Fed is a good suggestion.

If Wolf is good for range work that is fine. If I read correctly, the brass case is better vs the green painted steel case, correct? I think I have read where the steel case will cause problems. What say you?

I am not that familar with the .308 rd and the Saiga (which I haven't received yet), so don't smack me around too much.....

Thanks!

The South African battlepack ammo is good for practice. What sucks is that it used to be 25 bucks for 140 rounds, but now its about 35 at the cheapest.

I don't know shit about hunting rounds, but I hear Black Hills has some kick ass .308 rounds.

Thanks Headshot, where are you finding the SA battle pack at those prices? Are these corrosive or N/C?

Edited by Arizona

What are you planning to hunt for out there in AZ. ? If its just deer , Rem. ,Win. , Federal , Hornady, ect. with a 150 gr bullet will do fine . atleast thats what I use here in SW Pa. never had a problem If its Elk? 165-180 gr,ers same for black bear...........RU

I would be hunting deer , so the 150 gr by Rem/Win/Fed is a good suggestion.

If Wolf is good for range work that is fine. If I read correctly, the brass case is better vs the green painted steel case, correct? I think I have read where the steel case will cause problems. What say you?

I am not that familar with the .308 rd and the Saiga (which I haven't received yet), so don't smack me around too much.....

Thanks!

Thanks Headshot, where are you finding the SA battle pack at those prices? Are these corrosive or N/C?

The south american is non corrisive pretty good ammo for the price never had any problems I've heard that the steel casingings of wolf ammo is harder on your gun but saiga's are tough as nails depends on how long you want your gun to last.