Tromix 20ga Conversion (pic)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sounds cool... and will look badass!! :up: What type are you getting? The reason I ask is that if you are getting the AK dragunov variant, like they sell for use on the WASR10's, I think you may be slightly dissapointed. It will LOOK cool... but as far as comfort and function it is lacking. I used that on my very first conversion on my 410... at first I thought it was the cats ass... (As I converted it before I even knew this place existed... my VERY first post was to show it off here... go figure...) but after learning more and trying different stocks, I dont think I would ever want one on the Saiga again.

The length of the grip makes getting a good handhold on it difficult, its almost like you need to stretch your finger around to reach the trigger... and the BHO tab was very irritating in its positioning...kinda dug into the top of your hand when ya fired it.

I am not saying it wont work for ya... just be aware of potential shortcomings.

One of the stocks I found to like better for grip/feel/comfort in a thumbhole design, are the cheap mak90 thumbhole stocks. They fit right in, minor tweaking for perfection, and are a lot more comfortable ( At least for me...) Problem is with those they are still a foreign part. Still... in NY... its not like that matters. LOL :lol: "Supposedly they arent allowed on a shotgun" Although they DO sell thumbhole shotties all the time...

I still have two of the WASR drag styles floating around up in the gun room... and a few of the mak90 ones too... let me know I can send ya one of the mak90 ones... give that one a shot too... :up:

:smoke:

Wow! Nice 20!

Seems to me the 20 gauge has been overlooked by most as to it's potential. Some say #1 buck can be superior to 00. Since the 20 gauge can be loaded with #2 buck, it is as close to the optimum size of pellet as 00. If the #2 pellets were plated for better penetration without deformation, it seems to me the 20 guage could provide for a very optimal combination of terminal ballistics and manageable recoil for quick recovery at close range. A 12 gauge is great, but a 20 is far sweeter to shoot.

Wow! Nice 20!

Seems to me the 20 gauge has been overlooked by most as to it's potential. Some say #1 buck can be superior to 00. Since the 20 gauge can be loaded with #2 buck, it is as close to the optimum size of pellet as 00. If the #2 pellets were plated for better penetration without deformation, it seems to me the 20 guage could provide for a very optimal combination of terminal ballistics and manageable recoil for quick recovery at close range. A 12 gauge is great, but a 20 is far sweeter to shoot.

:super::killer: +1 :killer::super:

But more aftermarket stuff is available for the 12 and ammo is much cheaper.

That's why you should get one of each.

• 2 weeks later...