Mercury Recoil Reducer on 308

There is a discussion over on the Saiga 20 forum about installing a Mercury Recoil Reducer on a Saiga shotgun. Has anyone installed on a 308 rifle, and if so, does it work?

I have thought about opening up the cleaning kit area on the black AK74 stock I have on my Saiga 12 but those things are quite heavy.

They are supposed to work but would it be much more effective than say a Smith or AK74 style Compensator on an S308?

Maybe both a compensator and a recoil reducer would make an incredible improvement but I like this thing because it's lightweight and handy so unless it would be spectacular improvement I might pass.

I have one on a .458. They do work but in my opinion, the improvement isn't dramatic. In my opinion, I would use a more effective pad like Hi Vis' X-coil, Pachmayr Decerator or Sims Vib Lab and use a Past Recoil Pad when shooting from the bench or when shooting prone for many rounds. Then you'll still have the versatility of a lighter gun that you wish. Don

Put stock into hollow of shoulder. Roll sholder into stock firmly. If the butt is now backed only by muscle you have it right. You should have a firm grip with left hand hthe butt into your shoulder. This creates "pre load" and buffer's the recoil.