Black Creek 3 gun match

What does the Team Saiga turn out look like? Fullchoke and I will be there, the question is should we leave our human suits at home or not. :wub: I think we are going to have a guy from work ride and stoot in the match also. I tried to get a hold of him will try late next week.

This will be the first match for my new Saiga 7.62x39 and Fullchokes new Saiga .223, Could I bum a 9mm from one of you guys, I'm buying a pistol for Full Choke to use but I have to wait for the pistol purchice permit to get back to me.

Any idea on the round count, slugs, buckshot, bird shot, rifle, pistol ammunition

I'll be there, and I have a spare 9mm that you are welcome to use. It runs white box just fine, in fact it runs every type of 9mm just fine.

COF should be posted in a day or two. Looks like there will be some difficult shooting positions this time. Should be challenging.

K,

Thanks that would be great, I just sent in an-email to Joe,

http://bc3g.ath.cx/

I just can't wait to try out my new Saiga rifle. I hope he puts that Texas Star at the 100 yard line,

I ordered 6 Orlite mags I wanted to fit them into my Wasr 3 but there is just no way I can see that they will work. So I fit them to Eric, Saiga .223 they seem to work fine.

Edited by topmaul

John, Eric

I have a spare 9mm also if you need it. A Browning Hi-Power or SIG 226 with mags and holster/mag pouches too.

Kenneth,

I'll be at Dominion Monday night with the Saiga 12 mags I borrowed. I really appreciate their use during the CTI as it was very ammo intensive.

John, Eric

I have a spare 9mm also if you need it. A Browning Hi-Power or SIG 226 with mags and holster/mag pouches too.

Kenneth,

I'll be at Dominion Monday night with the Saiga 12 mags I borrowed. I really appreciate their use during the CTI as it was very ammo intensive.

Ron, I won't make Dominion Monday, I'll just get them Sat?

Why don't we both bring pistols, and Eric can see what he likes best?

Ron, how did the CTI go?

We came in close to Bronze and I might have been the only person using a Saiga 12. Several stages required you to start the shotgun with less than full mag of shot, empty mag on targets, shoot a slug or two and then finish the stage with shot. No advantage gained with a Saiga shotgun this year.

The heat was the big handicap. We checked out the stages Friday afternoon and it topped 102 F. Saturday and Sunday were in the high 90's and the humidity went off the scale due to a thunderstorm Saturday night. I scored a BlackHawk Serpa dropleg holster off the prized table and that was equal to my entry fee, plus other goodies.

Ron, how did the CTI go?

We came in close to Bronze and I might have been the only person using a Saiga 12. Several stages required you to start the shotgun with less than full mag of shot, empty mag on targets, shoot a slug or two and then finish the stage with shot. No advantage gained with a Saiga shotgun this year.

The heat was the big handicap. We checked out the stages Friday afternoon and it topped 102 F. Saturday and Sunday were in the high 90's and the humidity went off the scale due to a thunderstorm Saturday night. I scored a BlackHawk Serpa dropleg holster off the prized table and that was equal to my entry fee, plus other goodies.

Ron, I really think Team Saiga should show up in force at the CTI shotgun match, we can really make an impression. What do you think? Well at any rate I would like to discuss it at Black Creek next weekend.

Have you guys read the course of fire for stage two, the way I read it is your gun is empty and all your ammunition is in the bucket. That means loading the mags from the bucket on the clock! Saiga unfreindly I guess it levels the playing field. I'm not complaining it just means the TEAM SAIGA is being taken seriously.

That's a positive way of looking at it John.

And, if we were all in one class, I'd say you were right, and I'd agree with (some) of that crap. But, why put Saiga's in open class, then try to hamper the open class in such an obvious way?

In USPSA, open guns have optics/comps among other things. The idea is to let shooters try to shoot as fast as possible. This would be like requiring them to start with optic covers on, or something dumb like that. Last time, at Norfolk I had the fastest raw time on the "start empty" stage (I added some misses to try and even the playing field :/ ), so I fully think I can smoke belly gunners again, but the Saiga's would have had a huge advantage (expected, we are in open class) without the requirement to start empty.

K,

That is fine I was not complaining it's cool. At the CTI shotgun match we had a select a slug stage and a stage where we had to load from a box, yeah it slows you down when you have to load a mag then the gun but that time is more than made up for in other stages. No problem. When people come up with shotgun stages they want to exersize shotgun skills sometimes the Saiga is just not compatible with skills that are being tested. It's all good we can adapt.

Edited by topmaul
K,

That is fine I was not complaining it's cool. At the CTI shotgun match we had a select a slug stage and a stage where we had to load from a box, yeah it slows you down when you have to load a mag then the gun but that time is more than made up for in other stages. No problem. When people come up with shotgun stages they want to exersize shotgun skills sometimes the Saiga is just not compatible with skills that are being tested. It's all good we can adapt.

Another thing is while trash talking with the bottom feeders, they argue that the Saiga is not superior to the high dollar belley feeding guns, my answer to that is "well lets move the Saiga from OPEN to SEMI" and they adimently refuse to do it. Then the Saiga is unfair but so are Smart Bombs from 50,000 feet so what, my suggestion is to get on the band wagon and buy a Saiga!

http://bc3g.ath.cx/docs/08262006/cof/Slide4.JPG http://bc3g.ath.cx/docs/08262006/cof/Slide3.JPG

check out the links

Edited by topmaul

Just getting my guns and ammunition together for the match, I plan on using my red dot PK-01 this time and leaving the scope at home. I need to get Eric a good dot. Fairly soon, See you guys Saturday.

Gents,

We left early, everything was fine we had plenty of time, about 1/2 hours into the trip Fullchoke said he had to go to the bathroom, he was taking a long time so I filled up the truck still no Eric, I even went over to the air pump at the gas station and filled up the tires on the 3 gun cart, it was one of those 3 wheeled baby strollers. Anyway I was starting to get a little upset that he was taking so long, it turned out that he was sick, with stomach trouble. So I asked him if he thought he would be able to shoot and he said that there was no way, so we went home.

I really wish we could have made it but these things happen.

Hope you guys went well.

Since Eric was safe and sound in his bed, I went the the NCRR shotgun match.

Tell Eric to get better soon, sorry it didn't work out. Good that you were able to at least shoot the S12.

You missed a whale of a match here. The stage diagrams didn't do the match justice. The ports in stage one were low to the ground, the "no shooting prone" rule meant you couldn't take the normal laying down shooting position. You had to crawl into a tunnel and shoot sideways/laying down out of the low ports. Rifle and pistol. Definitely made reloads a pain! And lots of folks missed the rifle shots because of sideways offset.

Funnest posrt was missing Koga Shuko's shooting. I'm the Stage one started you with 6 rounds to knock down steel. Koga shot once or twice, then shot twice QUICK. Sort of rocked his world, and I'm thinking "nice double". Did it again. Somethings not quite right, and he's run dry and goes to reload and turns to me and says ... "you do realize that my shotgun has gone full auto?" Whoa! So we stop, Ron and I offer him our shotties, but upon closer looking, Koga finds that his trigger pin has backed out a bit. I think he spent the rest of the match constantly watching that pin.

I was joking with Koga Shuko that he needed to practice his "I mean't to do that face" when his Saiga doubled and tripled shot. We first thought "Wow, he is really working that trigger" and we noticed the WTF look on his face.

Yeah, we need more stages where we "Load ammo from a bucket"!! I like to see loading from the following:

Mason Jars

medicine vial with childproof top

safes with combination locks

pit with snakes

wooden packing crate opened with crowbar

Wells Fargo stagecoach strongbox

my daughter's PowerPuff Girl's lunchbox

I was joking with Koga Shuko that he needed to practice his "I mean't to do that face" when his Saiga doubled and tripled shot. We first thought "Wow, he is really working that trigger" and we noticed the WTF look on his face.

Yeah, we need more stages where we "Load ammo from a bucket"!! I like to see loading from the following:

Mason Jars

medicine vial with childproof top

safes with combination locks

pit with snakes

wooden packing crate opened with crowbar

Wells Fargo stagecoach strongbox

my daughter's PowerPuff Girl's lunchbox

Did he have welds holding the trigger pivit pin in place? If so the same thing happened to me at a 3 gun match outside of Fort Bragg, but it was the hammer pin weld that borke. Talk about a Saiga friendly match that would have been great had the gun worked.

BTW Eric was feeling better by the afternoon and he shot NCRR match also and got 3 rd place. What happened was my wife too the kids to CiCi Pizza and she got sick by the time she got home, my older daughter was also sick that night, but Eric took a little longer to get sick. All are well now they all had a mild case of something they ate not agreeing with them.

I'm sad to report the Klaus beat me and got TOP GUN because I took too much time in maze.

Well hello there gents!!!! Sorry ya'll had to miss out on Team Saiga's getting their hat handed to them at the shotgun match by a PUMP gun...But I am sure ya'll had fun on Saturday anyway!! :lolol::lolol:

Yeah...I spanked the whole of Team Saiga that dared to show up!!! (how's that for trash talking?? :rolleyes: )

Ok...ok...I had to get it in...My one and only time being TOPGUN... I'm not sure people particularly liked stage 4 last Saturday...I did... I guess this means that Team Saiga will be practicing for the next match????

John, tell Robert aka Studmuffin, that he can come back anytime... He dishes it out, but he can take it too!! Fun young man!!! I do believe the last that I talked to him, he mentioned something about wanting to shoot a PUMP next time!! :lolol::lolol:

Anyway...I would love to say that I missed ya'll at the match on Saturday, and I really did, but on the flip side, it seems that we have alot going on in our area now!!! THAT is a good thing!!!! Unlike some places where you have no place to go shoot and play, it seems that we are developing more and more places!!! :super::super::super: Now...if we could all get one the same page, maybe we can go shoot every weekend all over the place!!! (on second thought...I would probably get shot at home for that.... :rolleyes: )

Eric...If you want to, we can use the same gear next month and go head to head...PUMP that is!!

All right Klause let's go, we both use the same stuff, I should do allright considering that my first time with a pump I beat half of your minions. I even had a 28' mossy witha 5 round tube. I bet i could do allright with a "tactical" flintlock!

Klaus, I congratulate you, you beat me fair and square assuming your math is correct. Great Job. I'm not sure that you want a piece of FullChoke becuase he is taking this seriously. You better be on your game. Rember he took you in two stages with my hunting Mossy.

Rember he took you in two stages with my hunting Mossy.

Ah yes...but 2 stages, a match does not make...LOL....

All kidding aside.... I know he was under the weather, and as a credit to him, he did not use that as an excuse. I think that maybe why I like him... He can take it like a man!!! It should be fun!!! I will make sure that we shoot at least 5 or 6 shooters apart so that the shotgun has a chance to cool down... I guess we'll have to flip a coin to see who shoots first... (wonder if I can sneak the cylinder bore choke in when he is not looking...LOL)