pmp 308 150 grain sp....better than corelokt

ok

attached is a scan of the recovered bullets.

i didn't do an "accuracy test", but i can tell you that the pmp's landed where i wanted em!

the test medium was wet news print. penetration was about 6-8 inches for both pmp and rem 150 grains. and about 14-16 inches with the 180 grain pmp's. (man those 180's really do pack a lot more punch than the 150's!)

150gr pmp diameter====19mm.

150 grain rem diameter====12mm.

180 grain pmp diameter====17mm.

distance was about 65-70 yards.

post-987-1156455586_thumb.jpg

post-987-1156455610_thumb.jpg

post-987-1156455639_thumb.jpg

wish i could have tested some rem 180's but didn't want to buy a whole box of ammo just to test a few rounds.

i'm sure that the 180's would have done alot better, but the performance of the pmp's shocked me!

i'm not out to smash remington, it's just the only other round i had to test it against. and with it being a main commercial round, it served it's purpose well. and that purpose was to prove to a guy i work with that the price of ammo is not a way to judge performance.

the pmp ammo was less than half the price of remington, and in my honest observations the performance was twice as good!

my words of wisdom for today, test your rounds to see exactly how well they do perform before you take them to the field. yes that includes pistol rounds also.

i test all my rounds now before i depend on em.

oh and by the way, wolf hollow points DO NOT expand. actually, they performed exactly like the fmj.

silver bear hp fragmented very nicely! :devil:

for ya'll 308 guys i have a few boxes of pmp 150 grain sp i'm going to get rid of.

THEY ARE BETTER THAN REMINGTON CORELOKT AND I HAVE THE TESTED BULLETS TO PROVE IT!

i can post pics upon request.

i'll see how many boxes i have left.

ya'll let me know!

TWG, what's your price?

I'd like to see the pics. :smoke: