Score One for the Gipper

Okay, I confess. I'm not the 'Gipper' but you all knew that already. But I did score today at Jim's Gun Shop here in my town. Cobra told me that Jim had something I might be interested in, so today I went over there and he just grinned at me and pulled out two boxes of 3" magnum .410 shells -- loaded with Brenneke slugs. I asked "How much?" and grabbed for my wallet when he said they were only $3 a box! I've bought this brand at another store and they are $4.95 shells, so ask me if I want them at $3 a box? Absolutely no hesitation there except to quietly thank the good Lord for this unexpected bounty.

See? Really doesn't take all that much to make my day. BTW, thanks, Cobra, for steering me toward this bargain!

Edited by Aethelbert

Yeah Jim always does me right on shells. Rarely do I pay more than 3 bucks a box for 12 ga and that's 25 rds! I got a couple of boxes of the winchester 7.5 heavy loads the other day for $4 ea. Good stuff.

i recently bought 25 boxes of these from this guy.they are 3" 73mm 1/4 oz rottweil brenneke slugs made in germany.5 too a box for 2.50 plus $8 shipping no matter how many boxes you order.great deal! only problem is they dont cycle my 3" saiga 410.any suggestions?thanks don

Here's photo of the ones I got. The Brenneke slugs are, of course, made in 'der Vaterland' but the shells were assembled in England. A couple months ago I got what I _thought_ would work -- Brenneke slugs loads made in Germany by and sold by Rottweil, a company with an excellent reputation. They would feed the first round out of a loaded 4-rd mag every time and hang up on all following rounds. Turned out instead of being 3" they were 2 7/8" which really meant they were the infamous 2 1/2" before the crimp opens up.

If the ones you're talking about are like the ones in the photo, they should work. Is your Saiga one of the newer ones with the two gas settings? If so, that might have something to do with your gun not cycling them if the setting diesn't agree with your ammo. Dunno. Mine is an older one with only the one setting.

That auction you linked to has a great price for the shells -- if they work the action. Have you bought them from this guy before?

post-157-1156756197.jpg

mine are the ones made by rottweil.the first one fires but it doesnt have enough recoil too eject the shell and pick up the next 1.i have the older 3" saiga 410 with only a fixed gas port.these may work in the 2 1/2" guns.now i got 25 boxes of slugs too shoot out of my old mossberg bolt 410 lol.thanks don