This can't be true. How the Hell

http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Company/LegalIssues.htm

Federal law does restrict the installation of our products on semi-auto shotguns or those manufactured outside the United States. Doing so would constitute a federal felony with a hefty fine and prison sentence attached. Therefore, all of our products are designed in such a way as to prevent their installation on any semi-auto shotgun.

I wish he would post his source. That is screwed up.

I know he is refering to the sidewinder drum which is discontinued. I just do not see where he gets this idea though.

Updated: 06/13/2006

Latest News and Announcements

Sidewinder Discontinued - After several months of discussion and debate, we have decided to discontinue the Sidewinder System as a Knoxx Product. We are unable to find a vendor that can consistently provide us with parts made to specifications and we will not sell a product that doesn't function properly or reliably. The units we have sold passed rigorous testing and have all met our high standards.

While we regret the necessity of this action, we are confident that it is the correct one. There are new finished products yet to be released. There are many more that are in development. Our product line will continue to expand and change. We are pleased to see the dramatic growth in sales in the last two quarters and are encouraged by the great articles that are appearing in the gun magazines. We expect the balance of the year to be the biggest sales period ever, thanks to you.

Edited by expeditionx

It is my understanding from reading the Brady org page that -

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat features:

* A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.

* A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat.

* A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.

* A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.

* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm.

* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon.

* A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose.

All this Horse manure was allowed to sunset and the "Assault Weapon Ban" is no longer in effect. In my opinion these folks need to update their page. Probably too busy designing and building new toys accessories for us. :lolol: At any rate, Tromix would be in a world of hurt if the information were still accurate. :zorro:

It is my understanding from reading the Brady org page that -

Assault weapons are commonly equipped with some or all of the following combat features:

* A large-capacity ammunition magazine, enabling the shooter to continuously fire dozens of rounds without reloading. Standard hunting rifles are usually equipped with no more than 3 or 4-shot magazines.

* A folding stock on a rifle or shotgun, which sacrifices accuracy for concealability and for mobility in close combat.

* A pistol grip on a rifle or shotgun, which facilitates firing from the hip, allowing the shooter to spray-fire the weapon. A pistol grip also helps the shooter stabilize the firearm during rapid fire and makes it easier to shoot assault rifles one-handed.

* A barrel shroud, which is designed to cool the barrel so the firearm can shoot many rounds in rapid succession without overheating. It also allows the shooter to grasp the barrel area to stabilize the weapon, without incurring serious burns, during rapid fire.

* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, which serves no useful sporting purpose. The flash suppressor allows the shooter to remain concealed when shooting at night, an advantage in combat but unnecessary for hunting or sporting purposes. In addition, the flash suppressor is useful for providing stability during rapid fire, helping the shooter maintain control of the firearm.

* A threaded barrel designed to accommodate a silencer, which is useful to assassins but clearly has no purpose for sportsmen. Silencers are illegal so there is no legitimate purpose for making it possible to put a silencer on a weapon.

* A barrel mount designed to accommodate a bayonet, which obviously serves no sporting purpose.

All this Horse manure was allowed to sunset and the "Assault Weapon Ban" is no longer in effect. In my opinion these folks need to update their page. Probably too busy designing and building new toys accessories for us. :lolol: At any rate, Tromix would be in a world of hurt if the information were still accurate. :zorro:

I emailed them and they replied the same shit that is stated on their page. This is very disturbing.

my foot is in the air....and will fall shortly....dont even discuss it. I dont feel like handing my saiga12 over to the fucking police because someone made a drum mag for sale to the public for it and the atf within hours determined it to be a DD. Im sure you all dont want it to happen, either.

Im not a forum maderation nazi, BUT...I am on this subject.

No matter how many times we post the rulings, laws, and regulations--some moron always thinks they can get whatever they want. If it is a shotgun and semi-auto it cannot have a NLFD. Period. That is the cold hard facts. Accept it and get on with life.

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your own buisness. However if your belligerent stupidity gets my my Saiga ruled illegal I reserve the right to use it ON you before surrendering to the nice officers. (Hey I'm old and have already raised my family-and if I can't have my toys they just as well aught to put me away anyhow).

Round, large objects scare the hell out of Uncle Batfuck!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Aug 30 2006, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

No matter how many times we post the rulings, laws, and regulations--some moron always thinks they can get whatever they want. If it is a shotgun and semi-auto it cannot have a NLFD. Period. That is the cold hard facts. Accept it and get on with life.

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your own buisness. However if your belligerent stupidity gets my my Saiga ruled illegal I reserve the right to use it ON you before surrendering to the nice officers. (Hey I'm old and have already raised my family-and if I can't have my toys they just as well aught to put me away anyhow).

Round, large objects scare the hell out of Uncle Batfuck!

You got me wrong. I do not care about using a drum on a Saiga. I was questioning why he is stating that using his products on a semiauto shotgun is illegal. The fact that he emailed me back when I questioned this and said that any semiauto shotgun can not legally utilize a detachable magazine with a round count greater than 5 rounds is disturbing. He is pointing the finger at the soon to be Saiga12 10 round mags and saying they would be illegal to use in any semi auto shotgun. That is bullshit if you do not have legal justification.

Thats why this thread got started. I do not suggest anyone create mass produced drum for any saiga shotgun. Hope the misunderstanding is clear.

Edited by expeditionx

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Aug 30 2006, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No matter how many times we post the rulings, laws, and regulations--some moron always thinks they can get whatever they want. If it is a shotgun and semi-auto it cannot have a NLFD. Period. That is the cold hard facts.

Yeh, you cant have it because the internet told us we couldnt. Ghestopo will drop down through the roof and take your shotgun.

Yeh, you cant have it because the internet told us we couldnt. Ghestopo will drop down through the roof and take your shotgun.

Yeah, its just that darn old Internet trying to fool ya

http://www.titleii.com/BardwellOLD/atfruling.2001-1.txt

Actually the BATFE could probably RIGHT NOW restrict our Saiga 12s as NFA Destructive Devices so the idea is not to incur their wrath by going and making drum magazines for them.

Edited by Zundfolge
my foot is in the air....and will fall shortly....dont even discuss it. I dont feel like handing my saiga12 over to the fucking police because someone made a drum mag for sale to the public for it and the atf within hours determined it to be a DD. Im sure you all dont want it to happen, either.

Im not a forum maderation nazi, BUT...I am on this subject.

A-F***ING-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!