Tactical shotgun duel

King of the Pump  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Redrum challenged Fullchoke to a contest to see which is better with the pump, Fullchoke has only shot the pump shotgun in competition 2 times Redrum (Klaus). These matches are held at www.ncrr.net

• Fullchoke the Team Saiga Kid
    • Redrum (Klaus)

At our gun club there is some discussion about those unfair ADVANCED Russian shotguns, in order to prove that TEAM SAIGA members would win regardless of the weapon chosen Fullchoke has accepted Redrum's (Klaus) Challenge at our next match Fullchoke and Redrum will both use the same gear, Redrum's 870 and go head to head.

Ladies and Gentalmen place your bets.

Redrum has been shooting the pump for years Fullchoke only shot the pump in two matches but did extreamly well.

Edited by topmaul
At our gun club there is some discussion about those unfair ADVANCED Russian shotguns, in order to prove that TEAM SAIGA members would win regardless of the weapon chosen Fullchoke has accepted Redrum's (Klaus) Challenge at our next match Fullchoke and Redrum will both use the same gear, Redrum's 870 and go head to head.

Ladies and Gentalmen place your bets.

Redrum has been shooting the pump for years Fullchoke only shot the pump in two matches but did extreamly well.

I guess I know who's the first two votes were!!! LOL.... Well....Fullchoke had better eat his Wheaties that morning!!!!...so he doesn't Choke Fully !!! LOL

Hmmmm.... "in order to prove that TEAM SAIGA members would win regardless of the weapon chosen"... Now what's wrong with this picture????? Didn't I already beat BOTH of you "advanced" shooters???? With a PUMP??? What makes you think you can come into my backyard and take me out???? LOL LOL

Alright...enough trash talking....It should be fun!!! Wonder if Kenneth and Ron will come to witness the festivities???? It's on the 23rd of Sept....

Hmmmm....wonder what kind of stages I'll come up with for next month????? :angel::angel::angel:

At any rate this little contest should be good for attracting shooters. Eric can be very competitive and he is going to shoot it clean this time. If he wins your going to have to shoot the Saiga at the October match is that fair enough

At any rate this little contest should be good for attracting shooters. Eric can be very competitive and he is going to shoot it clean this time. If he wins your going to have to shoot the Saiga at the October match is that fair enough

Man...do I have to???? LOL.... Heck I have a hard enough time changing mag in the AR and SKS-M.... I guess it will be ok...IF he wins!!! LOL (damn...now I got to actually try....LOL)

To help the voters make a more informed choice here is a link to the scores, scroll down the to pump division and check out the scores remember this was the first time Eric Williams had used a pump shot gun in competition and the shotgun used was a Mossberg 500 with a 28 inch barrel modified choke, and a 5+1 v all these tricked out 870s. Nor did Eric have a cartridge belt or those nifty shell holders, only a Walmart bird hunter type shell holder.

http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/matchresults/Shot...06-06-17_SG.htm

http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/matchresults/Shot...06-05-20_SG.htm

Edited by fullchoke

I can let him use my disconnectorless Ithaca 37. It is cylinder bore and an 18" barrel. It's an interesting ride when you pumpfire it considering it is so light. (The way most people describe it after they pumpfire it is, "F*ck that hurt.". :rolleyes: ) I think it has a 3 shot tube. (You don't really pay attention, you just keep pumping.)

and yet both guys are members here.....mmm hmm...mmm hmm...whats that tell you? :)

\

I'm just here to talk trash.... :lolol:

and yet both guys are members here.....mmm hmm...mmm hmm...whats that tell you? :)

they both have seen the light of superior firepower

Yeah...I guess that's it......

NOT.... :lolol::lolol:

Ok...I love my AK....but when it comes to shotguns...I just have to stay with my 870.....All I need it a pocketfull of shells and I am ready to go...no mags to preload and carry... While they look good...they're just not my cup of tea (so to speak).

This is going to be a fun event....all I have to do now is figure out COF's for it... I have a feeling that we will be only doing 4 stages. If we do 5 then one will more than likely be the speed stage...Load 6, 5 targets, get em as fast as you can...no reloads.. I always liked that stage....and I think so did others... We'll see....

I'm always up for suggestions as to stages...try to keep them between 18-40 rounds.....

This is going to be a fun event....all I have to do now is figure out COF's for it... I have a feeling that we will be only doing 4 stages. If we do 5 then one will more than likely be the speed stage...Load 6, 5 targets, get em as fast as you can...no reloads.. I always liked that stage....and I think so did others... We'll see....

I'm always up for suggestions as to stages...try to keep them between 18-40 rounds.....

Redrum a member? Only in the loosest sense. Crap, just realized I still owe you a check. I haven't forgotten .. as of about 15 seconds ago.

I dig the speed stages, it's the one place that you can measure pure shooter speed. It won't make a difference in the outcome, but I think it gives everyone a place to compare with one another.

Ok, I'm a suggestion mill, I just spew them, feel free to can them if they don't work well.

#1. Have a guest shotgun. Have everyone use their shotgun (semi or pump) AND a guest shotgun. Of course, this will mean the range would have to be able to provide a pump shotty for semi shooters and a semi for pump shooters.

#2. Add a little movement, or transition, or ??? but without a reload. Maybe shoot clay pigeon #1 from box one, and pigeon #5 from box #2 and shoot pigeons 2,3,4 on the move between them. Still takes the reload out of the picture.

#3. Straight up speed shoot, but multiply the time by 10 (so that it gets the same weighting as other stages). i.e. 5 plates in 7.89 sec's = 78.9 seconds (you) and 5 plates in 2.12 = 21.2 seconds (me). :) I know a lot of folks relax in the speed shoot thinking they can't win it here, but they can loose the match here. Well, this would do away with that school of thought.

#4. Do the speed shoot on the twirler, or on the texas star.

#5. Throw in some no shoots (white pigeons?)

#6. Mount them on a swinger (you've done this before).

#7. Shoot it "weak shoulder".

#8. Pistol matches sometimes dictate "retention" shooting. Would it be safe to dictate "hip shooting"? or "point shooting" (don't allow shotgun above a certain height).

#9. Hmm, my goal is to reach 10, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Maybe shoot thru a low port, or under the car?

#10. Maybe require 4 emergency reloads. Start with 1 shell in gun, and 4 loose on table/pocket/etc.

Whew, made it.

How bout a whole match of 5 round stages .... Just KIDDING!!!!!!