inparidel,

I appreciate your comments on this subject. Please don't take the following criticism as a personal attack.

The internet is full of opinion, advice, misdirection, etc. Some well intended, some in ignorance, some as an intentional, some genuine. IF these are published decisions, could you point to a source or link?

Until then, I'll take your comments with a grain of salt and consider them as "internet knowledge". But other things make me wonder. ur spellin is kweshonable, IDPA does not host 3 gun matches (IPSC or USPSA does).

Ronswin (who just left for the big sandbox) had an experience talking with an ATF agent. As it is second hand knowledge, I will not post the details. It differs from your info.

Ron, Good luck, hope all is well and you are safe. If you read this and get a chance, you should post your experience here, or in a new thread.

Shoot straight

Just noticed your post. My IDPA does 3-gun matches every two months. Our club is breaking ground in that area. My spelling is a result of late night posting and very bad case of nearsightedness and a refusal to wear my glasses because of the computer screen being farther than reaing glasses distance, but nor far enough for my uncorrected eyesight to kick in. I have a law dergee, so I think spelling was a prerequisite.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A right is not given, a freeman has rights!   A slave asks, a slave has no rights!   A Freeman does not lose his rights, a right is eternal!   A slave gains and loses freedoms based on his owner

Im sorry. When they banned guns for the most part in NYC, and went after gangs and put ppl in JAIL for illegal weapons, NYC became a WHOLE lot better of a place to be in. In dense cities, yes, I DO th

Posted Images

Inparidel,

I posted that before I'd read much from you. I'd have to admit NOW, when I see your name on a post I expect good info.

I'd hate to get into semantics with a lawyer :haha: but your IDPA club holds 3-gun matches, but IDPA does not recognize nor sponser them, while USPSA/IPSC or whatever they call themselves :lolol: have a set of rules and official matches. BTW, 2 of the 3 IDPA clubs within an hour of home hold 3-gun matches, but only once a year. They both hold shotgun/rifle "sidegun" matches most monthes. The third holds mostly shotgun sidegun matches but is considering a 3-gun competition occasionally. It definitely is catching on. I think you saw the link I posted it with the strong argument for recognizing action shooting sports as ... sports.

I do think a link to the letter would be a useful addition to the forum.

I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge(?) is evolving, and certainly hasn't run it's course.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

According to the government, all guns are illegal already; you just don't know it yet.

To Hell with what they want me to do with my Saiga. Why fix something that's not broken and better than most American-made semi-auto rifles?

Just hope to God another Demoncrat doesn't take the Big Office next November.

• 3 weeks later...

a little late I know, but here's my two cents worth ... the wild west did probably have serial killers, however, major crimes were discouraged by public hangings & the ability of the victems & their family's to exact justice.

Follow some of Texas' examples: Ability to shoot trespassers after dark legally; lawfully shoot a cheating spouse; & ability to legally mount ^ carry your loaded long gun in the rear window of your truck.

• 8 months later...
The strangest thing seems to be happening to me with this whole mag deal. I have talked to K-USA, and AK-USA directly and at length about this, and EAA via email and nobody can seem to tell me what the ACTUAL law regarding this is. I keep getting the ATF says so, but they have not said so in writing..... Chris and I spoke about it and he made the most sense in the intent of the law arguement. But intent and actual wording is not the same thing in most courtrooms. The only exception being that of the ones ATF can control. EAA is saying they cant even sell to me as a dealer! WTF???? I can be trusted to sell machine guns but I cant be trusted to sell a MAGAZINE?!?!?! Whatever.

So I leave it to you guys, the gunowners out there. Do I write to the ATF and ask them about it, and possibly draw unwanted attention to our guns yet again? It would be a clear win for us if they followed the letter of the law. But the down side is they could screw us over on the guns and the mags with their sporting purposes crap. I can also find out if the 10 US parts portion of the law is applied equally to the shotguns. What the heck, in for a penny in for a pound. Once they start looking they probably wont quit until they have probed the issue but good.

So what do you guys want me to do on this? I am fighting for our rights on this USING THEIR LAWS, but do we risk losing some more?

To hell with them Bastards. Don't ask don't tell right??? Besides they will almost undoubtedly pass more restrictions anyway once Hillary takes the white house in 08 especially since they have the congress and senate. I expect a lot more gun legislation after the 08 election. No since in drawing attention to the issue and guaranteeing they restrict it. :ded::ded::ded: I intend to buy as many firearms ammo and Hi cap mags as I can in the next year. Especially the way things are going we are likely to need them.

You know you're responding to a post that's 3.5 years old right? I'm sure things have changed for Bvamp and everyone in the past 3.5 years. I agree with your statements about the Republic and the unconstitutionality of every gun law on the books, but Bvamp is not your enemy. Vote Ron Paul in the primary. Vote Ron Paul in the General Election.

Brother the stuff is 3 in a half years old, I don't know if you notice, but is kind of

crazy to fight over stuff that some people all ready forgot and since a lots of things

have change on peoples minds. don't you agree.

LOL. another one of my posts where sarcasm wasnt worded right and was misinterpreted.

holy cow. I should just flush every reply that isnt to do with the original post in these old old threads, when talking about legal shit and all of that.

the politicians dont see it any other way than "you cant shoot it HERE< so you dont NEED one inside city limits"

I dunno. I used to stir up a lot of shit back then, in here. I remember trying to word that post how I wanted it to come out, actually, and reading it over, it didnt come out how I had intended, like many things I say.

• 2 weeks later...
You know you're responding to a post that's 3.5 years old right? I'm sure things have changed for Bvamp and everyone in the past 3.5 years. I agree with your statements about the Republic and the unconstitutionality of every gun law on the books, but Bvamp is not your enemy. Vote Ron Paul in the primary. Vote Ron Paul in the General Election.

HOOOAAH

Ive said it b4 and I'll say it again.

"Vote Ron Paul or don't vote at all"

Hes Americas last chance. Too bad hell probably end up like Kennedy if he makes it at all.

Maybe we can at least hope for him as a VP but I doubt any of those Globalist Neocon criminals will take him because he's not in there club.

LOL. another one of my posts where sarcasm wasnt worded right and was misinterpreted.

holy cow. I should just flush every reply that isnt to do with the original post in these old old threads, when talking about legal shit and all of that.

the politicians dont see it any other way than "you cant shoot it HERE< so you dont NEED one inside city limits"

I dunno. I used to stir up a lot of shit back then, in here. I remember trying to word that post how I wanted it to come out, actually, and reading it over, it didnt come out how I had intended, like many things I say.

Sorry about that Bvamp I kinda went off. I just got tired of some of the crap you were spewing, it really set's me off when I hear peole say the Government should have the right to tell us what we can have and what we cant especially come from a pro gun forum. By the way I do like some of your other posts that Ive read about the illegals and your Minuteman banner. I salute you for that.

What happens is somebody new comes in and starts reading all the posts on the site, as it is all news to them. Then they start posting to threads, either because the want additional information, or just to start getting a post count in a hurry. Then we have threads like this that cause people to go, "What the hell?"

• 2 months later...

Can somebody summarize the current state of affairs as it pertains to Saiga legality and modification legality. I see some pictures of these things that look so cut down and sick that given what I have read previously, I am totally amazed that they are legal.

Make no mistake...I want to convert the most bad ass, right on the edge of legal, Saiga 12 but it would be nice to have a blueprint for it.

pretty much you can do whatever you want as long as its under the parts count and you have all proper NFA paperwork, think some people here have the 12" full auto deals from tromix....this thread started a long time ago when laws were different...

Edited by Vultite
....this thread started a long time ago when laws were different...

Having seen this thread picking up interest, I was coming here to note just that for you new readers.

This thread started in 2003 when the laws were much different.

• 7 months later...
What happens is somebody new comes in and starts reading all the posts on the site, as it is all news to them. Then they start posting to threads, either because the want additional information, or just to start getting a post count in a hurry. Then we have threads like this that cause people to go, "What the hell?"

Or because they see it, think it is funny, wait until a lot of time as gone buy(relative I know) then bring it back up so they can laugh more later...

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

That's right. I waited as long as I could stand it! Couldn't resist it any longer...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...