20rd mag update

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still in, but this has been a lot like watching Christmas come and go with no presents and having it defered to sometime in January - maybe February... (*sigh*)

PvtPyle - I am assuming that the incentive for the pre-order total of 1500 mags to get a free mag body for every $100 in the group buy / pre-oders was not met and that there will be no extra mag bodies going out? I never did see the final numbers posted after 14 July - when ya'll had 833 mags ordered. I would have figured that if that goal had been met, ya'll would have put it out to the masses. Just curious...

Thanks.

I am still in, but this has been a lot like watching Christmas come and go with no presents and having it defered to sometime in January - maybe February... (*sigh*)

PvtPyle - I am assuming that the incentive for the pre-order total of 1500 mags to get a free mag body for every $100 in the group buy / pre-oders was not met and that there will be no extra mag bodies going out? I never did see the final numbers posted after 14 July - when ya'll had 833 mags ordered. I would have figured that if that goal had been met, ya'll would have put it out to the masses. Just curious...

Thanks.

I believe I was in for the unassembled mags. Honestly, I'd love to get my hands on a regular Saiga-308 mag to see if these puppies will fit in my Yugo .308 (which needs customized/converted mags anymore).

Delays are understandable.

Thanks for the update.

Thanks.

I to feel the same PvtPyle, I am going to wait. Just want to know if we will still get the mag. bodys or is that a no-go? I have done only one trasaction with you but was very pleased so that is why I took this buy in faith that you would deliver. Keep up the good work and keep use infomed on the 20 rds. Thank you Birrdog

I am HAPPY to wait for my mags but I'm wondering what kind of deal I can get on an extra mag body now. I was hoping the incentive would happen and I didn't preorder the bodies I was hoping to get free with my six mags. I only want to buy one body but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more for a body than I did for complete mags.

So we are getting factory followers. I will be looking for another USA part. No biggie. We (my bubby that is sharing an order ) would rather have the GOOD stuff. A week or 2 here or there is to be expected with a new product. The Edsel would have been a great car if they had gotten the bugs out before giving hundreds of them to car writers to drive home!

PvtPile forgot to mention, the springs are finished and in hand. I shipped them to FBMG awhile back.

Also, if the parts count is an issue for anyone, I have a few U.S. made magazine followers on-hand and can have more made if need be. Unfortunately, they they will run $20 each. That is why it is not economically feasible for FBMG to use them in production magazines.

FBMG puts their money where their mouth is. They prepaid in full for all the parts Tromix is supplying for the project. I really hope no one backs out on this deal. FBMG does not deserve that.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

PvtPile forgot to mention, the springs are finished and in hand. I shipped them to FBMG awhile back.

Also, if the parts count is an issue for anyone, I have a few U.S. made magazine followers on-hand and can have more made if need be. Unfortunately, they they will run $20 each. That is why it is not economically feasible for FBMG to use them in production magazines.

FBMG puts their money where their mouth is. They prepaid in full for all the parts Tromix is supplying for the project. I really hope no one backs out on this deal. FBMG does not deserve that.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I had an experience with FBMG at a time when the first new Saiga12 were coming in.

I had a pain in the ass finding an FFL who would transfer. It took about 2 weeks for me to line someone up.

I live in liberal haven Silver Spring, MD, Montgomery County.

They gave me no shit about the delay when they could have easily found a new buyer. They did not charge me until I found an FFL to transfer. Most MoCo gun shops won't transfer if they will be able to order the item themselves, and at that time they were quoting 600 for a Saiga12.

I bought the pre-order deal without hesitation, and I have no doubt that FBMG will deliver.

If anyone has doubt, PM me so I can buy out your pre-order.

:lolol::lol: Hey headshot, I "escaped" White Oak Silver Spring just a few years ago. Now I'm in Germantown MoCo. I got my S-308 transfered from Georgia to Potomac Trading Post on University Blvd. in Kensington. Worked out well. I also purchased several 8 rd. mags from FBMG with no problems. They're good folks as you know. Sorry, I'm keeping my pre-order! :lol:
:lolol::lol: Hey headshot, I "escaped" White Oak Silver Spring just a few years ago. Now I'm in Germantown MoCo. I got my S-308 transfered from Georgia to Potomac Trading Post on University Blvd. in Kensington. Worked out well. I also purchased several 8 rd. mags from FBMG with no problems. They're good folks as you know. Sorry, I'm keeping my pre-order! :lol:

Really?

I live a mile from the intersection of New Hamshire and Randolph.

If you went to high School at Springbrook between 90-94, I probably know you.

Thanks for the update. Will the fact that one part is not US made affect legality if the gun is converted/unconverted?

/Thanks

Short answer - yes, it could depending on your rifle's parts count.

Long answer:

To use the high-capacity mags, you must adhere to the 922r ruling which states basically that you can't have any more than 10 countable imported parts on a rifle that meets certain qualifications, which the saiga 308 with a high cap mag does.

I could list out all of the parts and such, but this has been done many times alread in this forum - just do a search and you should get the specifics.

Did anyone actualy find out if the 5rd mags spring and folower will work in the 20rd mag bodys? Sorry if the answers posted somewhere but i cant locate it.

Don't you mean the 8 round mags? There is a post above that Tony supplied FBMG with the springs, so maybe you could ask him or FBMG if the springs are the same or not.

Seems they've done a good job giving us the info as it comes out. Really do appreaciate the fact that they do not reply without any no new info.

Those of you who ordered mag bodies, please give function reports and opinions regarding their potential longevity as soon as you get a few hundered rounds through them on your S308's... THANKS

Even though I haven't yet ordered any magazines, I would like to state my appreciation for this, and other, honest updates. My confidence with this grows by the day. I'll be working on getting my 308 compliant before purchasing any high capacity magazines. I'm certain that all of the folks at FBMG will understand.

I may have a USA follower, and I have found a USA mag that can easily be modded to fit the S-.308!

The PRO-mag replacement mags for my Ishapore L2a1 will fit with only a front and rear sheetmetal tab spotwelded to the mag. The followers need to have the front 1/4" turned under and they will fit in the Saiga mag. Function is another question. These are 10 rd mags, and the spring is 1/3 the length of the 8rd Saiga spring. Maybe Saiga springs are really for 20 o 25rd'ers? I may sacrifice one of the PRO-mags next week for testing. If the follower works in the 8rd Saiga mag, then it will most likely work in the 20rd'ers. the only problem may be incompatibility of the flat steel follower with the plastic mag.

Edited by G O B