20rd mag update

The question here is FBMG satisified the mags are reliable and durable. I don't remember reading the beta testing data ?

Krinkfreak gave his seal of approval on the second batch about two weeks ago, if memory serves (can't find the thread). I believe Tony did too, but in his much more succinct way.

UPDATE - Here's the link -

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=105930

Edited by macbeau
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot find test data posted regarding the actual field use of the mags. There is information with regard to the baseplate fit issues. Have the mags been tested with a variety of ammo, under different weather conditions, how many rounds have been fire through a sample of them and so forth ?

They have been tested a bit in the field but regretably we do not have the time to go crawl thru the mud and find out how they do. They are built to Russian specs with better materials. But if you have concerns about them being USGI spec, I can not give you that certification. Sorry.

Edited - Evaluation deleted.

24Kshooter doesn't want my input. You're on your own, my friend.

The mag is not a Tromix product. I was asked to test them, I did, that's all, and I posted my results. If you want a torture test of a 3rd party mag, don't call me. Tromix is not a testing company of 3rd party Saiga products. We don't stock them, sell them, or test them for your internet reading enjoyment.

Tony

Edited by TonyRumore

macbeau - thanks for adding the evaluation link - all I could find were the references to the mag bases not fitting around that time. It is good to be aware of the importance Tromix gives to product testing and endorsement. Caveat emptor if one is concerned.

Edited by 24kshooter
macbeau - thanks for adding the evaluation link - all I could find were the references to the mag bases not fitting around that time. It is good to be aware of the importance Tromix gives to product testing and endorsement. Caveat emptor if one is concerned.

Da Nada and I agree - However, I think the Beta tester were used just to verify that the mags (1) really existed and (2) functioned as advertised. I don think anyone was tasked with "putting them through the ringer" in a military-style torture test (ie: test to failure). If these mags are at least as tough as the factory 8rd mags but made of tougher stuff, I am sure they'll meet most shooters needs. As I stated earlier - If they get the TROMIX seal of approval, that's good enough for me.

Edited by macbeau

Gee Tromix hold your fire - I did not see the on Nov. evaluation data until macbeau linkled it. I thought I was giving Tromix a pretty positive comment about the testing as it was a pretty complete bench test with pictures and extensive wrtie up. I thought it was helpful in particular as the mags are not your product.

Jihad! :osama:

Am I correct in guessing that the list on this site is not the only list and that people from other forums ordered as well (and are not shown on the one here?) If so, being number "X" on this list will have no bearing on actual shipment dates... Is this correct?

Either way - GREAT NEWS! :smoke:

I was number 28 in the list (DVDH in 78148) and got my shipment just about noon.

I want to thank FBMG for making this happen. All six of my magazines fit perfectly.

I considered a private "thanks" to the company, then considered people on this forum might like to know my number on Santa's list.

I really do appreciate the effort and sore thumbs!

Did ya'll get emails about them being shipped or were they a suprise? I hope its a suprise! lol

No emails. Too busy packing and shipping I am sure.

Definitely a good surprise.

A

ps. I think that I was number 91 in the list...could have made a mistake in counting though

Edited by arlessinfl

Well, this is going to cause somewhat of an uproar, but the list on the pre-order page is not in the order that we received them. Larry just went thru the pile and put them on there. If you want to know where you are in the list, go to your order. There is a 3 digit order number and that is what determines where you are. But then again, there are also numbers that are for things other than the mag. But you will get a picture of where you are.

But not to worry all! We have enough coming to get all of the pre-orders and the folks that have ordered recently shipped. The big delay is in putting them together. Everyone who has ordered them as of this date should have them very soon. There will be a slight delay in the next batch because we have several large distributor orders to fill next, but they got told the same thing. You get yours in the order your order was received. A 500-1000 mag order does not get them bumped in front of the guys who had faith in us.

Well, this is going to cause somewhat of an uproar, but the list on the pre-order page is not in the order that we received them. Larry just went thru the pile and put them on there. If you want to know where you are in the list, go to your order. There is a 3 digit order number and that is what determines where you are. But then again, there are also numbers that are for things other than the mag. But you will get a picture of where you are.

But not to worry all! We have enough coming to get all of the pre-orders and the folks that have ordered recently shipped. The big delay is in putting them together. Everyone who has ordered them as of this date should have them very soon. There will be a slight delay in the next batch because we have several large distributor orders to fill next, but they got told the same thing. You get yours in the order your order was received. A 500-1000 mag order does not get them bumped in front of the guys who had faith in us.

How can I get my order number if I didn't order off the site? I ordered here off the forum, and handled everything else through email or over the phone.

How can I get my order number if I didn't order off the site? I ordered here off the forum, and handled everything else through email or over the phone.

Yeah - Same here... I place my order a week or two before the web site was up and running (order email Wed, 14 Jun 2006) and place my order via email and a call with my VISA number.

Edited by macbeau