Legal?saiga12Cwiththumbholestock?

Who would have to install the stock? Instead of switching all the parts back? Seems like to much trouble for a thumb hole stock anyway you cant have a "Evil" :eek: pistol grip and a 8rd mag too. Geez I cant make up my mind on what to do?!?!?Thumb hole stocks are not pistol grips right? :cryss:

With the 10 U.S. parts!!! found A bunch!!Now to figure who or how this can be done(what class ffl?)Anyone?I like my regular stock Im thinking of installing a comp stock on mine(saiga12). gives the gun nice balance. I wouldnt go threw all the trouble myself!!!on converting it I like mine!!!!

What parts did you find? I have found all of the fire control parts, the stock and pistol grip. But they have yet to make bolts or pistons, and fore arms. So I have yet to be able to find enough parts to do the complete conversion (and you still must weigh the consequences on the entire gun community and YOUR pocket book when those conversions become common).

You can do the stock conversion to the thumbhole. I did mine in about an hour. It really is pretty simple.

Well I was thinking>.

1. muzzle comp

2.muzzle adapter

3.choke tubes

4.action cover/with or without weaver rail

5.trigger

6.hammer

7.thumb hole stock

8. comp stock kit(use's thumbhole stock)

9.would sight's and sling mounts count as parts?A forearmlight?

10.trigger guard

11.lotsa pins and springs>ect ect

Well, this is what they consider to be parts that qualify for the US parts count:

1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings- Maybe you could convert one to work with this gun.

(2) Barrels- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(3) Barrel extensions- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(5) Muzzle attachments-shouldn't be hard to convert and existing one to work....

(6) Bolts- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(7) Bolt carriers- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(8) Operating rods- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(9) Gas pistons- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(10) Trigger housings- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(11) Triggers-ok

(12) Hammers-ok

(13) Sears-ok

(14) Disconnectors-ok

(15) Buttstocks-ok

(16) Pistol grips-ok

(17) Forearm handguards- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(18) Magazine bodies- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(19) Followers- Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

(20) Floorplates - Haven't seen any that would work so far.......

So that gives you six parts so far, with 2 more as possibilities. You are still missing 2 more US made parts.

But again, I have to ask you is it worth it to give the ATF an excuse (like they needed one before) to rule these DD's? That means in order to sell it you will have to transfer it thru a DD dealer and pay the $200 tax on it. Not an easy thing to get rid of, the market is awefully small. Do you really want to screw it up for all Saiga owners? Since there are a ton more of these than all of the other shotguns that were made DD's with the stroke of the pen, I am sure the ATF would love to get the tax money (and results they can show to justify their misserable existance). Just think hard about it dude....