Hi Point 995 with ATI stock and Barrel Shroud

Hey guys,

I know there was a thread here a few months back about the 995 and the ATI stock so figured you all would like to see what is up with them...

All the pics I am going to post are either off of the Hi Point forum ( http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/ ) or off of the retailer that makes the part.

Here is one of the guys on the forum's 995 with the stock, pistol grip and barrel shroud

995wgrip.jpg

and the link to the thread where he was doing the grip installation:

http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php...710&start=0

This is the guys website who is making the shroud with some pics of a 995 with the shroud on at diffrent angles:

http://www.nortje.com/products/995/shrouds.htm

ATI is also going to be offering the 995 stock in Army Digital Camo, here is the post where they were asking what everyone likes and wants:

http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1270

Also on the topic where the guy was putting the barrel shroud on I plugged Tony and his shark brake and possibly getting something like that for the 995 with the shroud on.

So far since posting the pic of the break within 15 min I had guys wanting one and getting me dimensions on the barrel.

Personally I love my 995 and plan on getting the new stock and shroud, If it is possible I will get a brake as well just for badass looks.

Mine has been very accurate and for a 9mm carbine guys on the forum have killed coyotes out to 100+ yards.

Also of interest is Hi Point will be releasing a 45acp version of the carbine once their backorders are all filled and hopefully it will either have a new design of stock or ATI will be releasing one soon after.

Hope you guys like the info.

I actually just found a great deal on the 995 and was super-tempted, but I didn't know enough about it's reliability and accuracy to spring for it. Sounds like it's a pretty sweet little gun though. Has anyone tried converting a high-cap magazine to work in it? I'm really tempted to see if I could fab up something that would allow the 32-rnd magazines in it but would be curious to see if anyone else has had success or horrible failures.

I actually just found a great deal on the 995 and was super-tempted, but I didn't know enough about it's reliability and accuracy to spring for it. Sounds like it's a pretty sweet little gun though. Has anyone tried converting a high-cap magazine to work in it? I'm really tempted to see if I could fab up something that would allow the 32-rnd magazines in it but would be curious to see if anyone else has had success or horrible failures.

Your thinking too small...mate the stock mag with a sunomi nlfd :smoke: Now you got something :angel:

There is actually a guy on the Hi Point forum working on making and sellin the soumi drums welded to one of the mags for the 995.

So far he has them right at about 90% reliable.

So yes there is a hicap mag in the works.

HAHA, ok then. I didn't even think about a NLFD, but that sounds like a good way to go. Now if I could just get a registered auto-sear and a silencer I'd be in good shape.

i like my hi point i think i have only had 1 jam. but it is fine. I only have the 10 round stock mag. cool little gun, it is fairly accurate too more so than i would have thought. i like to use it when i go camping. as for this new stock i guess it looks better but i like how the gun is now considering i bought it and a contender barrel for $80 and i sold the barrel for $100 i really don't feel the need to make the gun special in any way + if i want hi cap i'll make a 9mm ak which is going to happen in the near future :up:

There is actually a guy on the Hi Point forum working on making and sellin the soumi drums welded to one of the mags for the 995.

So far he has them right at about 90% reliable.

So yes there is a hicap mag in the works.

as best said by the Guiness commercial "Brilliant!"

Yeah I am pretty fond of mine and look forward to getting the ATI stock, Barrel Shroud and maybe even sending it off to tony for a Compensator.

Get a few drums and some backup mags and you have a very inexpensive SD weapon.

And I am sure the zombies would not like it either.

• 1 month later...