Hello

I have a 16" barrel .308 w/ skeleton stock I got from GilbertsGuns.com. I gues I like it, but it's difficult to get a sight line on the iron sights, even with the cheekpiece rooled out of the way. I've never shot any other kind, so that may be a trait wih all of them.

I think it will work a lot better with a scope....

Guido2 in Houston

the stocks are being imported on the 16 inch saigas.

Yep. Last I checked Gilberts had many models left including those. Does seem strange though that they are imported that way, when the ATF still says you can't legally assemble one here into that configuration.

the stocks are being imported on the 16 inch saigas.

Yep. Last I checked Gilberts had many models left including those. Does seem strange though that they are imported that way, when the ATF still says you can't legally assemble one here into that configuration.

ATF does not say that. SAIGA's are not on teh prohibitted list of imported weapons. adding these stocks does not make them into an AK. you can indeed put a thumbhole stock on a saiga. even if its russian you would still not be using foriegn parts to assemble a prohitbitted non-importable weapon. unless the ATF decides that a saiga with a thumbhole and NO OTHER MODS is a semiautomatic AK47 type weapon banned as such.