Personally, I feel that hard recoil is one of the pleasures of shooting.

........gotta go with Bob on this one........ ( I mean, it IS a fuckin' 12 gauge, after all.......)

Never, ever gonna kick like a 22-short plinker.......... How much of an appreciable softening can you reasonably expect running 12-gauge 3" mags.......and that thump lets me know things are going well .......helps me focus, as it were........

Buffers are good as it makes recoil less snappy (if that is what you want).

But I recommend testing with all types of ammo that you are going to run through the gun. Especially if you intend to use it in competition or self defence.

In my case, buck-shots are not reloading properly due to the reduced distance that the bolt cycles with the buffer installed. This has nothing to do with the gas settings (1 / 2) or cleaning/maintenance. It is only caused by the buffer in combination with the ammo type.

I ended up ripping the buffer out as I prioritize reliability over comfort.

Running a semi automatic gun as a manual makes no sense to me.

I find,through shooting experience, that Tony's TROMIX Shark Brake works very well and adds a touch of mean looks to any Saiga. If you combine that with a Blackjack buffer and an ak style grenade launch recoil pad from fseusa.com (folding stock) or limbsaver from Tromix(standard stock) will make your Saiga more comfortable to shoot many rounds.

A buffer, and good recoil pad like the ACE 1" or a Limb Saver, along with using the right gas setting will help take it down from a mules kick to a strong push. The key is getting the lowest possible recoil without causing FTF or FTE issues.

I never have felt like the Saiga 12 mistreated me like my #5 Jungle Carbine did, but anything I can do to make it more user friendly was much appreciated. That said, I'd go through any degree of pain to see what a FA Saiga 12's like. How cool would that be to show up to work with your beat to shit arm and say, "yea, but it was fun. should have seen shit flying" :super: Sometime you guys from OK. need to post a video of that beast.

...and the FA USAS-12 is a beast !! However, it's a heavy weapon, and keeping it tucked tight into your shoulder basically eliminates the "arm beat to shit" problem....... Damn sure throws the lead out there !

With more exposure to it, I might even be able to work out keeping the muzzle down in FA !! Really fun to shoot !!

Maybe I'm weird or a masochist or something, but I think the Saiga 12 is already pretty mild (especially when compared to other 12ga shotties) at least my Tromix conversion is a pussycat.

You wanna feel REAL abuse from a semi auto shotgun, pick up a Benelli M1 ... YIKES its like it has some sort of internal mechanism to INCREASE felt recoil.

Edited by Zundfolge