fisnished venting my handguards this morning

Lookin' good! Maybe lengthen the far left one a bit to match the other 2.

I'm looking to do the same with my Saiga eventually. Test it out on the range and let us know if it helps cool the barrel! :killer:

yea it does look shorter, but actually its only by like 2mm. no biggy since you cant really tell in person. As far as cooling, I just got back from an outing.

Without vents: after 40 consecutive (2 per second) rounds the hanguard was very hot and uncomfortable to hold

With vents: same test, hanguards are warm around vented area. still comfortable to hold. i must say it is a very worthwhile mod. especially for free.

i shot off 250 rounds today and not once did the hanguard get excessivly hot.

When i vented my handguard, i drew everything out using a silver sharpie so it would show up real good on the black. After everything was drawn out, i drilled a lot of holes to remove most of the material, then i smoothed everything out with a chainsaw shaprening stone in the dremel. Came out looking pretty good.

post-1459-1158717438_thumb.jpg

Edited by hoop762
i used a dremel hss inverted cone cutting bit in my drill press. i was a little nervous that i was gunna screw up big time, but they came out pretty good in the end.

Picture1358.jpg

When i vented my handguard, i drew everything out using a silver sharpie so it would show up real good on the black. After everything was drawn out, i drilled a lot of holes to remove most of the material, then i smoothed everything out with a chainsaw shaprening stone in the dremel. Came out looking pretty good.

post-1459-1158717438_thumb.jpg

DAMN brothers, you guys are getting fancy at this hand guard venting stuff

like both hand guards a lot, really good work and really nice looking

hand guards, that reminds me that everything can be improve and if it is

a will is a way.

Hoop I love that handguard

Thanks man! I appreciate that a lot!

Ive got another "shark teeth" design im working on, buyt unfortunately it has been delayed...for several reasons. One of these days ill get it done and put pics up...