used saiga 20 that I want to convert. What can I get away with

Technically...

NO

Something about semiauto shotguns and pistol grips are a no no... or somesuch bullshit...

I live in NY too... about an hour east of ya... ( Near Auburn/Syracuse) I have a thumbhole on my 410.

One of these days, when I get a second S12 and a second S20, I plan to convert BOTH to PG setup.

I just dont plan to take THOSE out much...

:smoke:

Technically...

NO

Something about semiauto shotguns and pistol grips are a no no... or somesuch bullshit...

I live in NY too... about an hour east of ya... ( Near Auburn/Syracuse) I have a thumbhole on my 410.

One of these days, when I get a second S12 and a second S20, I plan to convert BOTH to PG setup.

I just dont plan to take THOSE out much...

:smoke:

Even though Remington, Mossberg and benelli all manufacture and sell thumb hole semi's in N.Y. or is it all about the detachable mag?

[disclaimer]***i'm not a lawyer*** [/disclaimer]

while the batf declared thumbholes to be pistol grips for import purposes, NYS does not consider them such, so actually the thumbhole stock is okay in NY, but not a seperate PG

...it is indeed about the detachable mag, if it's a tube mag, pretty much anything goes.

and yes, we in NY have been told we should move numerous times... if we're here, there's probably one reason or another.

it's not like it hasn't occurred to us.

*tosses match on strawman*

• 4 years later...

i know this is an old thread but can someone put a picture of a saiga shot gun with a thumb hole stock, looked on google and couldnt find it? thanks

Your google-fu needs much work, grasshopper.

Google: saiga-12 thumbhole

Click on "images" up top.

There are any number of thumbhole stocks that will work on converted and unconverted guns.